Anime Central Forums: Nintendo's Wii U - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo's Wii U Ready for U this holiday season.

#91 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostHiroEcks, on 24 September 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Yea, systems are totally lacking and I feel like they have lost too many fans in the process to have a good showing for this next system. It's not even about being innovative or first at something. It's about doing it best.

If you're talking about pure power...that's not something Nintendo could logically do. They're not like Sony and Microsoft who could afford to make systems that, while powerful, also incurred MASSIVE losses for their respective companies. It took MS til the 360 to actually start making money off of their gaming division. Sony lost ALL the money they earned on the PS2 due to the PS3 being too powerful for its own good and they're losing money AGAIN because of the Vita (and that's before you get into the NON-gaming losses the company has been incurring for the past decade). Nintendo only makes gaming hardware and software, they're not going to go brute force. In fact, it's probably smarter that they don't; not just for themselves but for developers.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#92 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Not talking about power. Talking about doing best with whats available and I'm not even talking about non-gaming sides of these companies. For example, Nintendo's (in my opinion) terrible game library for the Wii and making online gaming something that's pretty much non existent and I won't even get into the systems lack of support for HD video and digital audio. There is just a lot of stuff they missed out on but hey, at least they can crank out a few more versions of the Nintendo DSi Lite XL omfgbbq v3.1415927.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Wii U will make up for a lot of the things I listed BUT my whole point was that I think they have sort of shot themselves in the foot by pretty much catering only to Nintendo title fans and will have a hard time recovering some of the market share with this next console.

Here is what I think is GOOD about the system

-Backwards compatible with Wii games and hardware
-Wii U tablet thingy rumored to be able to be used as a universal remote of sorts for your TV
-suppports HD video output and digital audio (finally! but for some reason still supports S-video? lol?)

Here is what I think is BAD about the system

-No support for GC games, but this isn't a huge deal
-Does not support DVD and blu-ray playback for some reason (blu-ray i get but DVD?)
-This should have been what was released instead of the Wii
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#93 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

What I think of the Wii-U

Posted Image
ACen 15"
Utsuho 100%
Siesta 00 100%

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#94 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostHiroEcks, on 25 September 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Not talking about power. Talking about doing best with whats available and I'm not even talking about non-gaming sides of these companies. For example, Nintendo's (in my opinion) terrible game library for the Wii and making online gaming something that's pretty much non existent and I won't even get into the systems lack of support for HD video and digital audio. There is just a lot of stuff they missed out on but hey, at least they can crank out a few more versions of the Nintendo DSi Lite XL omfgbbq v3.1415927.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Wii U will make up for a lot of the things I listed BUT my whole point was that I think they have sort of shot themselves in the foot by pretty much catering only to Nintendo title fans and will have a hard time recovering some of the market share with this next console.

Here is what I think is GOOD about the system

-Backwards compatible with Wii games and hardware
-Wii U tablet thingy rumored to be able to be used as a universal remote of sorts for your TV
-suppports HD video output and digital audio (finally! but for some reason still supports S-video? lol?)

-Does not support DVD and blu-ray playback for some reason (blu-ray i get but DVD?)

Uh, if you're talking about making the most with what they have then Nintendo does that better than anyone. They went into this generation with an "underpowered" system and beat Sony and Microsoft into the GROUND with it and that's BEFORE getting their handheld division into the equation in which Sony has embarrassed themselves as potential competition. Plus, again, the game library was the 3rd parties' fault since they were too cowardly or too lazy to really try to make an effort on the Wii.

As for supposed market share, keep in mind that they DIDN'T just cater to "Nintendo title fans." They were practically the ONLY one of the three console makers who legitimately tried (and succeeded) in expanding its audience beyond the ever-shrinking "hardcore" demographic that too many companies outright PANDER to. They know gaming better than anyone.

#95 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostHiroEcks, on 25 September 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

;_____; that means no more movie watching at Hiros house.
ACen 15"
Utsuho 100%
Siesta 00 100%

#96 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 25 September 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Uh, if you're talking about making the most with what they have then Nintendo does that better than anyone. They went into this generation with an "underpowered" system and beat Sony and Microsoft into the GROUND with it and that's BEFORE getting their handheld division into the equation in which Sony has embarrassed themselves as potential competition. Plus, again, the game library was the 3rd parties' fault since they were too cowardly or too lazy to really try to make an effort on the Wii.

As for supposed market share, keep in mind that they DIDN'T just cater to "Nintendo title fans." They were practically the ONLY one of the three console makers who legitimately tried (and succeeded) in expanding its audience beyond the ever-shrinking "hardcore" demographic that too many companies outright PANDER to. They know gaming better than anyone.

I think you don't know how things work exactly. For one 3rd parties aren't cowardly or lazy. For one, when games go multiplatform, they are generally the same data just switched to each console. For the wii, you have to rebuild from the ground up because of the hardware. Added to that fact, the wii never sold many hardcore games. Why spend the time,effort, and money when it most likely won't sell like crazy. Let's look at some hardcore wii games (3rd party) Madworld. Really awesome game. sold poorly. No more heroes? Awesome game. Sold mediocre copies (better than madworld at least) You dont risk your money when it just doesn't sell well. Thats like betting red on a roulette table that has been modified to have more black than red.

Also to add, the Gamecube was notorious for having bad 3rd party support. That system was roughly the same as the others. The lazy and cowardly excuse doesn't work. Also the hardcore fans aren't shrinking. They are just going onto systems that haven't forgot they existed. Look at Bayonetta 2. The original one sold kinda mediocre sales. Back at E3 they showcased darksiders 2 as the first big game on it. They are trying to recover the hardcore back. Trying. They aren't a small demographic. Ive no idea where you thought they were shrinking.

Honestly though, you sound like an uber Nintendo fanboy. That's cool, but don't put on blinders of "Nintendo can do no wrong "

Edit: oh yeah playing to the casual crowd? That was an experiment. That was an untapped market before the wii came out really. Slowly clamp of the family jewels of nintendo man. Fanboyism is okay til it's wrong.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 26 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#97 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Exactly what Xeno said. Sure the Wii sold more systems than the competition and their first party titles did well but there were almost no third party titles that did well. And blaming the developers for "being lazy" is disingenuous at best since as Xeno pointed out the gamecube had the same problems of lack of third party support. The system itself was inferior and the demographic not conducive to traditional games so anything outside of casual games either didn't sell or wasn't worth making to begin with.

I also find it funny when Nintendo fans bring up sales now. When the Gamecube was around all the Nintendo fans would constantly retort with "It doesn't matter that the system sold worse, it has better games!" And now that the Wii is out the only thing they trot out is "Look at how much the Wii sold! Clearly it's the best system!" ignoring the fact that it has even less good games. Kinda hypocritical.
All systems... GO!

#98 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

here is official list of the Wii U's launch titles:

http://www.nintendol...u_launch_titles

Pretty good lineup for launch day. Reggie has said they have even MORE unannounced titles in the works so I'm interested in seeing what they have in store.

#99 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 26 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Pretty good lineup for launch day. Reggie has said they have even MORE unannounced titles in the works so I'm interested in seeing what they have in store.

Are you gonna reply back to my post? Im quite curious to your reply.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#100 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 26 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

There is like 4 original games on there and a ridiculous number of ports. And not a one of them is a AAA system seller(no the Mario doesn't count since we've already played that game three times now.)

So no, I don't think it's a very good lineup at all.
All systems... GO!

#101 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 26 September 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There is like 4 original games on there and a ridiculous number of ports. And not a one of them is a AAA system seller(no the Mario doesn't count since we've already played that game three times now.)

So no, I don't think it's a very good lineup at all.

I actually thought the same. It's the 3ds launch all over again. Ports ports ports. If I couldn't get as3 or darksiders on my other systems, I would care...but I can.

Not impressed. Once a few rpgs and stuff (exclusive) roll on, ill get interested.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#102 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I mean, let's go through it:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II Port
  • Skylanders Giants Multiplatform
  • TRANSFORMERS PRIME Multiplatform
  • Wipeout 3 Multiplatform
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Multiplatform
  • EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 13 Multiplatform
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition Port
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge Port
  • Nintendo Land
  • SiNG PARTY
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Multiplatform
  • WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper Multiplatform
  • Darksiders II Port
  • Assassin’s Creed III Port
  • ESPN Sports Connection
  • Just Dance 4 Multiplatform
  • Rabbids® Land
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
  • ZombiU
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited Multiplatform
  • Game Party Champions
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Port

So 7 games that are exclusive. 4 are mini-game collections and one is not even a game(Your Shape). So 2 "real" games that are exclusive to the platform, one of which is new(ZombiU) and the other is basically the same game that was on the Wii, 3DS and DS.

So I see no reason to be excited about the launch. Maybe in a few years but Day One is offering nothing.

This post has been edited by TheStrongJaeger: 26 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

All systems... GO!

#103 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'm as curious as you are. :rolleyes:
ACen 15"
Utsuho 100%
Siesta 00 100%

#104 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

While I understand the point of your argument there is a few things that are missing. Being a hardcore game or gamer doesn't nessicarly mean it has to be a T or M game. A good example would be the first Super Smash Bros game. Not a serious or gritty game, but it had hardcore appeal. It was not only new, it was challenging and made great competition. And most people that only played a few games or didn't play at all wouldn't be interested in it, desipe it being a "causal game" nowadays. Im not saying the SSBB is bad, but I'd go back and look how they have boosted the power ratio and character skills between the two. The orginal is more challeging.

Also the mindset of gamers is complelty different now then it was then. When people paid their good money for a game they wanted to have it last for awhile. Remember how Starfox 64 had different paths and enemies? And how the more kills you got added up your "bill" at the end of the game? Those things were fun. Now Nintendo grabs it's old characters gives them a 8 hour game and expect 60 bucks out of it. Now maybe there are other factors like money involed in how people played games, but to me if Nintendo was putting out games on the N64 like there are the wii I would have dropped that system so fast. The only thing that would maybe have me dust it off would be their solid homemade titles like Zelda and mario. But even those games are starting to show shome weaknessess. Heck the last couple mario games have been nothing but remakes of the older games. And yeah, it's got a nice little nostalgia feel to it, but it's nothing new or innovative like Mario galaxy was.

-confused- Huh did you read my post DS -even more confused- I pointed out that hardcore was just a mind set and that any game could be consider hardcore, outside of T and M ratings, like Mario or KH.

I don't know; outside of the economy it hasn't changed that much. Games back then were 60-80 dollars and didn't last too. Remember on the SNES stuff like Zool? Kami.....

The reason why it's different is that people don't want to put down 60-100 dollars for a game unless it last because of the tight money belt and being more of an 'adult.' But when you we were kids we didn't mind if Sonic and Knuckles was 70 bucks.

DS you may remember the good over the bad, so maybe that's why. -Shrug- I remember the only game that was worth the money was Shining force, which was 60 dollars for a genesis cart.

I rather see Capcom go out of business, then Nintendo. Actually I don't wish any company to go out of business to be honest. I was heartbroken when Compile went out of business and was taken over by Sega.

EDIT: That line up is pretty bad to be honest imo.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 26 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#105 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 26 September 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

-confused- Huh did you read my post DS -even more confused- I pointed out that hardcore was just a mind set and that any game could be consider hardcore, outside of T and M ratings, like Mario or KH.

I don't know; outside of the economy it hasn't changed that much. Games back then were 60-80 dollars and didn't last too. Remember on the SNES stuff like Zool? Kami.....

The reason why it's different is that people don't want to put down 60-100 dollars for a game unless it last because of the tight money belt and being more of an 'adult.' But when you we were kids we didn't mind if Sonic and Knuckles was 70 bucks.

DS you may remember the good over the bad, so maybe that's why. -Shrug- I remember the only game that was worth the money was Shining force, which was 60 dollars for a genesis cart.

I rather see Capcom go out of business, then Nintendo. Actually I don't wish any company to go out of business to be honest. I was heartbroken when Compile went out of business and was taken over by Sega.

EDIT: That line up is pretty bad to be honest imo.

Sorry. Perhaps that didn't come across like I wanted. What I was trying to say is that the mindset I'm talking about is that hardcore gamers generally love and care about our industry where as "casual gamers" just like what they like (general the same stuff over and over) and will continue to buy it. Appealing to the "casual" crowd only will hurt your business in the long run. And I think nintendo might be starting to see that affect. Yes, they made billions off the wii. But after everything that has happened and has come out I wonder how much of that fanbase will come back and trust them again with a new system. (sadly alot I think).

And I was trying to point out that even games that might be considerd "casual" back in the day still had hardcore appeal. Where as now it does not so much anymore. Therefore losing alot of what keeps people coming back for more from that game.

Also on the topic of the launch list, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you kidding Aiddon? That's almost even a worse list then wii launch.

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 26 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#106 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wii U doesn't interest me. My last good Nintendo memories were with the N64. If I was a parent that didn't know about video games while shopping for my little kids, then current Nintendo games would look perfect for me. Because I'm not, looking down the Wii aisle at any gaming store is funny to me. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are certainly good games... maybe Nintendo should just pump out even more unrelated installments for each of those titles!!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#107 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Cowardly AND lazy.

That is the best thing I've ever heard. Clearly the 3rd party developers didn't have the testicular fortitude to man up and rework entire games to work with Wii's wonky controller and out of date hardware so they could sell a few extra copies next to the rest of the bargain bin games that the Wii had to offer. Nintendo was probably taking them out for dinner on weekends wining and dining them too. What a bunch of prudes. Xeno did a great job in summing it up in all seriousness.

And super short story. I own all 3 consoles. I own a DS and Vita. I am by no means hating just to hate. I've put my time and money into them in the past and felt like they have done nothing for me back as of late. Clearly there are others who feel differently which is totally fine. What do I care? It's your dollars. Nintendo gave me no reason to stay with their console for the past 6 years, and at this rate I have no reason to switch over to it now since that AWESOME launch list is pretty much available on either my XBox or PS3. I also don't don't believe that the casual gaming community that Nintendo acquired through it's mastermind gaming savviness will jump over to a much higher priced system which is now PANDERING to hardcore gamers.

Wii sold initially because of it's gimmick, low price point, and hype due to it's unavailability at launch.

Oh and Junk, we can watch movies on my PS2.
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#108 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

No, because I didn't even read it. Not really interested either.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 27 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

#109 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 27 September 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

No, because I didn't even read it.

Proper net etiquette dictates that one should at least read when someone replies to your post.

Just sayin.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#110 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

Game, Set and Match. Winner; Xeno.
All systems... GO!

#111 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 September 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Proper net etiquette dictates that one should at least read when someone replies to your post.

Just sayin.

I believe the proper term is "netiquette". :-P
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#112 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

True sir. Lol (also im kinda salty bout saying for one twice. I hate when im at work and have to stop typing. Stuff like that happens. Lol

Good to win so quickly. Most fanboys tend to argue forever.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#113 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 September 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

fixed. :P

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 28 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#114 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

@DS: Well! To me if you are Hardcore you are straight up into a game and you like what you like and buy it to the depths of hell. Casual are gamers who only play a few gaming so often and complain about the hardcore people through and through on being a "STOP HAVING FUN GUY."

Aka the scrubs and the stop having fun people.

I got this concept from Halo fans back when Halo 1 was out. So for me it's the reverse and that Nintendo was appealing to the Hardcore Zelda/Nintendo/etc. fans and "everyone," rather than quality and the voices of fans so that's why they suck now.

I think people don't play games now a days because of the old days and the fact that so many games now a days are just for hardcore cash cows. Look at Final fantasy, KH, Mario, etc. Geez. Also because of the money crunch still.

Heck I'm an Atlus fan, but I know when to not buy a million P4 games. Or the same FF game over and over again; how many remakes of FF4 and FF6 are there? About....-counts- GBA, SNES, PS1, PSP, DS (that I can think of) for FF4 and SNES, PS1, PSP, GBA for 6
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#115 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 28 September 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

@DS: Well! To me if you are Hardcore you are straight up into a game and you like what you like and buy it to the depths of hell. Casual are gamers who only play a few gaming so often and complain about the hardcore people through and through on being a "STOP HAVING FUN GUY."

Aka the scrubs and the stop having fun people.

I got this concept from Halo fans back when Halo 1 was out. So for me it's the reverse and that Nintendo was appealing to the Hardcore Zelda/Nintendo/etc. fans and "everyone," rather than quality and the voices of fans so that's why they suck now.

I think people don't play games now a days because of the old days and the fact that so many games now a days are just for hardcore cash cows. Look at Final fantasy, KH, Mario, etc. Geez. Also because of the money crunch still.

Heck I'm an Atlus fan, but I know when to not buy a million P4 games. Or the same FF game over and over again; how many remakes of FF4 and FF6 are there? About....-counts- GBA, SNES, PS1, PSP, DS (that I can think of) for FF4 and SNES, PS1, PSP, GBA for 6

There is that weird line in "hardcore" crowds when it comes to multiplayer. I mean, I do play to win every match I'm in. But I don't get pissy at people unless a few things happen like 1. obvious cheating/boosting 2. people not actually playing the game and screwing around or 3. booting me because I didn't follow someones "plan". (like purposelly dying to play as a zombie instead). That is the one thing Nintendo still has though. Don't normally have to worry about crap like that.

#116 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 28 September 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

There is that weird line in "hardcore" crowds when it comes to multiplayer. I mean, I do play to win every match I'm in. But I don't get pissy at people unless a few things happen like 1. obvious cheating/boosting 2. people not actually playing the game and screwing around or 3. booting me because I didn't follow someones "plan". (like purposelly dying to play as a zombie instead). That is the one thing Nintendo still has though. Don't normally have to worry about crap like that.

Except in SSB. People do cheat and screw around; I seen it happen at ACen SSB tournies. I played with a Marth player who was screwing around with everyone because he was that good. Funny enough he was asian too.

Usually you meet the hardcore and stop having fun people/casual scrubs in multiport games, especially fighting/shooters.

Nintendo only has SSB so it's not as bad as say 360 or PS3, which both have a lot of fighters, in turn more of these people and idiots in general.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#117 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

I'll try to be brief. StrongerJaeger nailed my thoughts on the WiiU launch. I love Mario as much as the next guy, but I think they're going overboard with the "New Super Mario" series. I give Nintendo credit for this generation having the least powerful hardware but most successful system, but honestly aside from the hardcore Nintendo fans, the majority of people I know that bought a Wii played WiiSports and maybe a few other games only pull it out for a few party games or have grown completely tired of it and let it collect dust or traded it for a PS3 or 360. I say this and I love Nintendo.

I tried WiiU at E3. Pikmin 3 was very fun (I love Pikmin and will pick up a WiiU at some point just for it.) The tablet is fun but nothing to go nuts over. Also in the demo I played, you did have to move the tablet to select Pikmin. IMO that is very unnecessary and I don't like when Nintendo or other companies add motion controls just for the sake of having motion. WiiU has some potential but right now I'm not that impressed or think its revolutionary. To me it feels like Nintendo is just entering the current generation which will be outdated by the time Somy and Microsoft prepare their consoles (for next E3 I believe?)

As for third parties being lazy, that is far from the truth. Yeah I think companies like Capcom could have done a Resident Evil from the ground up for Wii instead of the gun games, but like others here mentioned the new titles they have attempted that aren't party games sell poorly on Wii and take a major downgrade due to technology (see Dead Rising.) Also, since the beginning of time, Nintendo hasn't always been the best towards their third parties. The Nintendo home consoles third parties (note I didn't say DS/3DS) has been weak since the N64.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#118 User is online   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Profit? I keep hearing that the WiiU is sold out. Is it sad if I have to wonder if it is an artificial sell out?

#119 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postrondo, on 02 October 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Profit? I keep hearing that the WiiU is sold out. Is it sad if I have to wonder if it is an artificial sell out?

You don't have to wonder; It's pretty much an accepted fact that it's going to be an artificial sell out, like they did with the Wii.
All systems... GO!

#120 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 02 October 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

You don't have to wonder; It's pretty much an accepted fact that it's going to be an artificial sell out, like they did with the Wii.

from who. this site is sush a sony fansite it sicking. vita sold like crap since it is crap.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users