Anime Central Forums: Nintendo's Wii U - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo's Wii U Ready for U this holiday season.

#151 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

@Jager: The difference is that I can turn on any system(except the Wii) and see what my friends are playing because they have just one Username. That way I might go "Hey, I see Joe is playing this game, maybe I'll play with him." With the friend code system I don't know what they are doing. And with a username system I automatically know what games my friends have and how far they are. So I don't think it's similar at all.

This is with every system? Vita/Psp/etc. but Nintenedo based systems? You have any links behind this? Because as far as I know the PSP and the Vita are similar with the 3DS on this note.

Asking because I have no Wii at all but I do personally own a PSP/PS3/Laptop and it's a hassle to add friends on the PSP.

@Visadin: Hey calm down man. You could have worded that differently.

For the Wii U, I agree with Hiro. Unless you personally own the system or know someone you can't really base it on the Wii u (from what you guys say,) craptastic online service.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 22 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#152 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

With the Vita you can see what friends are doing on their Vita's and/or PS3s. I can also message them and look at their gamer cards. You can also find out what people in your local area are playing if you have location turned on.

PSP wasn't as convenient like that but from what I remembered it just like adding a screen name. Only games I played online for PSP were Monster Hunter and Street Fighter Alpha 3 though. O_o

It would be nice if Nintendo worked out a more user friendly online thing to tie their portable and home console together though. Also, inter platform (is this even a thing?) gaming would be cool like if DS users and WiiU users with the same game could play together.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#153 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

People have talked up gaming online together with mixed hardware yet I don't believe it has worked all that well or all that implemented. Did they manage that with FF11?

#154 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

I know some Vita titles can play with PS3 users like in street fighter x tekken. Or even portal 2 letting steam users play with PS3 consoles. I wish all platforms let you do that. They CLEARLY can.
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#155 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Vita and PS3 makes sense since it is from the same company and a similar cache of developers. Portal 2 allows for PS3,PC, & Mac to some extent. 360 players apparently cannot. Nintendo doing this for their systems? Nintendo probably doesn't see it as a feature worth spending a whole lot of time on. I'm sure they could do it but they are banking on other features selling their systems.

This post has been edited by rondo: 24 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

#156 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Postrondo, on 24 October 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Vita and PS3 makes sense since it is from the same company and a similar cache of developers. Portal 2 allows for PS3,PC, & Mac to some extent. 360 players apparently cannot. Nintendo doing this for their systems? Nintendo probably doesn't see it as a feature worth spending a whole lot of time on. I'm sure they could do it but they are banking on other features selling their systems.

I wish they would; make me more incline to buy them since the SNES days (64 too.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#157 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Does Games for Windows have any crossover with XBL games? Would makes sense me thinks but who knows, right?
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#158 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostHiroEcks, on 24 October 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Does Games for Windows have any crossover with XBL games? Would makes sense me thinks but who knows, right?

I believe it does between services but games themselves, not sure.

Honestly, GFW should just be ditched.

This post has been edited by rondo: 25 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

#159 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostHiroEcks, on 24 October 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Well, GFWL ahchievements add up to your total gamerscore.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#160 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

it the same profile as the xbla, but it such a horrable system that it pretty mush been phased out for stream. relic had games that was GFWL but the last game of theirs space merine was on stream.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#161 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

The U will be here this Sunday. Been seeing the ads for it but I still don't see the buzz for it outside of complete diehards or flippers.

#162 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Ditto. I've been playing with it at the store displays to get a better feel for it. Nothing really stands out yet but the Rayman Legends demo has a fun music stage!
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#163 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

That's funny. We haven't even had a demo or pre sell orders for it at work. I've had people ask about it (parents mostly). It will be interesting to see the exact sales numbers. Maybe they not be as big as nintendo thinks they will be.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#164 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

That's funny. We haven't even had a demo or pre sell orders for it at work. I've had people ask about it (parents mostly). It will be interesting to see the exact sales numbers. Maybe they not be as big as nintendo thinks they will be.

No demo units? I worked in a game store through every system launch between Saturn and the Wii and I never saw a system we didn't get a demo unit for...

Edit: On that note I've been to a couple stores in the last couple days and I've not seen any demo units either and have seen barely any advertising. The lack of in store advertising should be awfully concerning...

This post has been edited by TheStrongJaeger: 13 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

All systems... GO!

#165 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Fate is sealed!
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#166 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hasn't seen gamestop advertisement via emails and wonders if to go inside the local gamestop to see if they even have pre orders.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#167 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Ok so we can already sell games for the WiiU before the system comes out.....Wha?.... :wacko:
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#168 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Hasn't seen gamestop advertisement via emails and wonders if to go inside the local gamestop to see if they even have pre orders.

Gamestop had preorders back in September. It is all a waiting list now.

#169 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postrondo, on 14 November 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Gamestop had preorders back in September. It is all a waiting list now.

Really? I thought with Black Friday they would hype this up more. I haven't even received emails about it.

Funny enough I received emails for Pokemon BW2 and the 3DS XL.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#170 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Really? I thought with Black Friday they would hype this up more. I haven't even received emails about it.

Funny enough I received emails for Pokemon BW2 and the 3DS XL.

With new system releases this close to BF, retailers don't even bother putting them in the ad or even advertising them because they aren't likely to have any in stock and won't take a risk advertising something they may not have.

This post has been edited by rondo: 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

#171 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postrondo, on 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

With new system releases this close to BF, retailers don't even bother putting them in the ad or even advertising them because they aren't likely to have any in stock and won't take a risk advertising something they may not have.

Bahahah.

It's funny I got ads for everything else but this. I even got ads for the Vita as well as P4 Golden but I was surprised that I didn't find Wii u in my inbox.

Still that's a warning sign in itself.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#172 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

wow doom talk from the microsoft fanboys.

Microsoft fanboys? Really? Odd considering it is the least talked about company (of the current three console/handheld companies) discussed on these boards.

Please don't blindly mistake observations and criticisms as the natural calling card of, "Oooo fanboi alert!". Comments such as "wow doom talk from the microsoft fanboys." do more to make the person making the comment look like a fanboy.

Sounds like you are having a bad day (also considering the tone from the football thread).

After the 3DS released and its initial sales period began, it did start to bomb as sales nosedived..hence the unprecedented (and rather large) price drop so early in its lifecycle. Let's not conveniently forget that, especially considering I lost $80 of value in a mere matter of months after I early adopted. I imagine many people haven't forget that little debacle.

If Nintendo decided to tough it out much like Sony is stubbornly doing, the 3DS sales would be much like what the Vita is currently experiencing.

#173 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postrondo, on 15 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Dude, relax. It's alright. As I am sure you are aware, this is merely just a discussion board where this particular section is focused solely on games. These are all just a bunch of letters and really not something worth getting terribly worked up over.

EDIT: I'm still conflicted whether I want to get this..this weekend. My sensible side says wait it out however my gamer/electro nerd side wants it now now now.

it depend on how hardit will be to get, honestly, saying "oh it will flop" is just a geuss and not fact. do whatever you want.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#174 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

There is no question it will be hard to get. Not sure if I want to make that midnight run. Deliberating...

Interestingly, I believe Old Navy is doing a Wii U/Super Mario U giveaway contest on Black Friday to those brave (insane) enough who shop with them that day (believe it is Brick and Mortar).

#175 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

wtf doom talk? you people are dumb. and funny most of the wiiu haters where lining up to suck the cum out of windows 8.

oh like the 3DS was going to bomb oh wait it outselling the vita. take sony manpart out of your mouth ACen forum of assholes.

Hey calm down. I just thought that it was queer that I didn't receive any notice of the Wii u, despite it being a new system, compared to any other system.

Mind you I go on facebook and take public transportation and I seen more information about the Windows 8 program than this. Outside of my personal service I wouldn't even know about a Wii u. I just found that shocking considering the hype Nintendo had for the 3DS as well as any other port games (such as Pokemon BW2)

If you had a bad day you can talk about it in pms. I'm sick and trying to recover but I have some of my energy back.

EDIT: Personalizing it is not a cool thing.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 15 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#176 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

This is my only warning here. Keep it civil, stop feeding the troll and get a mod. A lot of posts were unapproved tonight.
If I am summoned again for something like this, this thread will be closed for a bit.
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#177 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Actually if you go through his posts on other threads he hasn't really been a troll. Just lost his head for some reason here.

#178 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

So, took us 5 hours after we opened to sell out all the wiiUs we had in stock. All 18 of them. And 8 were the deluxe packages that were preordered anyway. So for their grand launch date we got 10 in to sell. really nintendo? And you're proabably gonna promote how you "sold out all your stock" too aren't you? <_<

#179 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Same as the Wii, artificial shortage to drive up demand. Though my local Walmart and Target still have them in stock so that plan isn't going as well as it should.
All systems... GO!

#180 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 18 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

So, took us 5 hours after we opened to sell out all the wiiUs we had in stock. All 18 of them. And 8 were the deluxe packages that were preordered anyway. So for their grand launch date we got 10 in to sell. really nintendo? And you're proabably gonna promote how you "sold out all your stock" too aren't you? Posted Image

Where do you work? Sorry, but I haven't been following this thread that closely so I must have missed it.

We pre-ordered the deluxe set at Best Buy, and there wasn't a line or any wait at all. Not as much hype this time around. I'd like to mess around with the dang thing, but the update is taking FOREVER! We have been downloading the system update for close to an hour now, and the status bar says we are only a third of the way completed. Our internet speeds are fine, so I'm guessing Nintendo's servers are slammed right now.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users