Anime Central Forums: Nintendo's Wii U - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo's Wii U Ready for U this holiday season.

#121 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 13 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

from who. this site is sush a sony fansite it sicking. vita sold like crap since it is crap.

From anyone who works in retail or anyone who is sticks to the numbers. Saying this will be a artifical sellout is not by any means make us "sony fanboys". So quit your jabbing. We are saying having a artifical sellout is a shitty move and only done to gain publicity and fake demand for your product. If every living person preordered a Vita and sony only made 1 million and sold out we'd be saying the same thing.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#122 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

i call bull on the artifical sellout. the wii may have died in sales but it still have name power. just saying we had said number since you work at a retail store seem very 3rd hand info. the vita and 3DS sold high at launch and both drop, so do every system. about the ports i don't care at all if it a improvement in a few departments, i heard darksiders 2 have higher FPS and ratio then the current. also not everyone buy games the day it come out, so it don't matter.

also on brighter and i don't see anyone on this forum talking about it, anyone heard of a game called wonderful 101, it pretty mush pikmin mix with the art of veutaful joe. it being made by platium games so it should be great. and i think it launch window.

also i am most likly going to buy a wiiu but i rarly play my 360 it not my mortal kombat machine, and i haven't played it in yesrs. the fact that you can just ues a universal HDD on the wiiu make me love it more then any current system. you know how people here are crasy for free region on systems, i am the same with add on's. the 360 wi-fi is IMO more of a big screw you then anything sony and nintendo, and hell even sega did in the last decade. it was 2005 for crying out loud, i can buy toasters with wi-fi out of the box, why do i have to pay 100$ for a 5$ peice of plasic.

also sorry about the sony fanboy jab, but this forum is very msuh lean sony. last year when sony got hacked the thread hear spend a page raging about nintendo and how sony is wrongfuly attack for it.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#123 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

The PS3 has never had a high selling rate on launch. Nor has any of the playstations really for that matter. (maybe ps1, maybe) They're strong suit isn't selling out first, it's being more stable and selling the longest. I mean how long was the PS2 around? Total number of units sold and total number of games over it's life is well over the competators.

And the artifical sellout is a factor. When the wii was first launched we only had maybe a couple dozen systems come to our store. I thought "oh, our store isn't that big so we didnt' get as much as the other stores." After searching/calling the other stores it turns out I was wrong. They all about got the same amount. Now whether or not that happened with competators I will never know. But from my end the aritifical sellout seems like a given.

Now maybe I wasn't here for that whole debate but what does nintendo have to do with anything during the sony security breach?
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#124 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

i remember the PS3 pre launch was huge dispite bad 3E still having a big launch. it still had a big bust due to PS2 name and scalpers at least for the first month, and it droped like a rock after that though.

about the artifical sellout please give more detail about your store, it still vauge and it still sound like console warz shanajins.

about the thread it was mostly about 3-4 people saying how people are being too rough on sony and if PSN hack happend to sony, there would be no backlash, which is bullshit, since there is a thread here of people like you overreacting over a silly add, if nintendo had something like that it still be a backlash. hell wii music pretty mush almost started a war.

EDIT: granted the PSP vita thread still had naysayers in it, but i remember the 3DS thread being way more post and people calling "DOOOOOOOOOOOM" on it for no region free.

and i am not buying the wii u at launch since i have no money, screwing christ i can't buy pokemon. and it not due too i hate the wiiu i love the features on the system, i just don't play consoles anymore. i won't be buying the PS4 or the new xbox, and even then i don't think it will be more focus on multipurpos and not the ultra power house. my 360 have as mush dust as my wii, screw maybe less since i still play my wii since i bought cheep GC games. i have a powerful PC and i love games like guild wars 2, Leauge of legends (hope flying elf do a panal next year, maybe i will cosplay as twitch), and all of the indie games like bindings of issic, minecraft, and pretty mush everything on stream.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 14 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

#125 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

If it makes you feel better Visadin, I'm not a Sony fangirl. If Atlus was 360 only I would buy that system. I happen to like video systems that is geared towards my games of choice.

The reason why I'm not getting a Wii u is because as I stated there isn't anything appealing to make me buy it. Vita has the golden and 999 sequel but those two games are not going to make me dish out 400+ dollars. Some of the games like the new SSB are going to be on the 3DS as well as SMT4, which is why I'm leaning towards that.

EDIT: If the Wii u could play Gamecube games then I would totally have that instead of a backwards PS3.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 15 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#126 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

The Wii is compatible with GC games...
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#127 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

If it makes you feel better Visadin, I'm not a Sony fangirl. If Atlus was 360 only I would buy that system. I happen to like video systems that is geared towards my games of choice.

The reason why I'm not getting a Wii u is because as I stated there isn't anything appealing to make me buy it. Vita has the golden and 999 sequel but those two games are not going to make me dish out 400+ dollars. Some of the games like the new SSB are going to be on the 3DS as well as SMT4, which is why I'm leaning towards that.

If the Wii could play Gamecube games then I would totally have that instead of a backwards PS3.

I love my 3DS, even though i play it for pokemon mostly. but i honestly think that most of the hate for the 3DS came from the 3D backlash which 3D is not a bad thing most of the time, Hugo have amasing 3D and is a great movie. that and the price for the 3DS was out there, i didn't get one until price drop.

also i am assuming you are talking about the wiiu not playing GC games. and i did say i am not getting a wiiu since i don't have the money and i have a rather powerful PC so most of the games on the wiiu, hell, even the 360 and PS3 are most of the time better on PC (skyrim, TF2) or are great games that are exclusive on PC (most indie and MMO games). also my taste of games is leaning away from consoles in general.

#128 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sony fanboy-ism? I find that as a weak jab to try to prop up an argument. Let's try to avoid the ridiculous fanboy nonsense shall we? I have not seen too much fanboy nonsense here as much as I see people more dissatisfied with one company over another. Criticism =/= fanboyism. I only buy consoles because of the games that are on them. We talk hardware here but I also get the sense it is only because it is a means to an ends.

Vita/3DS release. Initial push was strong but not enough to sell out initial stock in the first few days to a week in many places. As for the Wii, it sold out pretty fast. After that point, and the continued interest, it was hard to find a Wii for at least 6 months unless you were rather diligent. I remember seeing empty shelves well into 2007. That's just absurd. What did it do though is help propel the system through its first two years until the Wii met that pent up demand and started to cool.

Again, seeing what has occurred with the last three systems from Nintendo has told me to hold off this time around, the first time in a long time. Thankfully PC gaming is enjoying a bit of a renaissance and I have been taking advantage of it.

#129 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

View Postrondo, on 15 October 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Sony fanboy-ism? I find that as a weak jab to try to prop up an argument. Let's try to avoid the ridiculous fanboy nonsense shall we? I have not seen too much fanboy nonsense here as much as I see people more dissatisfied with one company over another. Criticism =/= fanboyism. I only buy consoles because of the games that are on them. We talk hardware here but I also get the sense it is only because it is a means to an ends.

Vita/3DS release. Initial push was strong but not enough to sell out initial stock in the first few days to a week in many places. As for the Wii, it sold out pretty fast. After that point, and the continued interest, it was hard to find a Wii for at least 6 months unless you were rather diligent. I remember seeing empty shelves well into 2007. That's just absurd. What did it do though is help propel the system through its first two years until the Wii met that pent up demand and started to cool.

Again, seeing what has occurred with the last three systems from Nintendo has told me to hold off this time around, the first time in a long time. Thankfully PC gaming is enjoying a bit of a renaissance and I have been taking advantage of it.

preety mush this, PC gaming have come back after years of people calling it dead, stream helped out alot, and so did the rough rules on consoles downloadable games which lead to meny small and cheep games. also MMO's are having a bit of a good time with great tittles with F2P modals like guild wars 2, also i feel more devs are giving a screw about PC gaming now with sskyrim and borderlands 2 being better on PC.

but on subject i am holding off on not only the wiiu but the sony and MS console since i really don't trust MS and the PS3 didn't get good untill halfway though it life. and i really enjoy my 3DS and most likly stick to that for stuff and as fujo said, it also getting a smash bros.

#130 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 15 October 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

I love my 3DS, even though i play it for pokemon mostly. but i honestly think that most of the hate for the 3DS came from the 3D backlash which 3D is not a bad thing most of the time, Hugo have amasing 3D and is a great movie. that and the price for the 3DS was out there, i didn't get one until price drop.

also i am assuming you are talking about the wiiu not playing GC games. and i did say i am not getting a wiiu since i don't have the money and i have a rather powerful PC so most of the games on the wiiu, hell, even the 360 and PS3 are most of the time better on PC (skyrim, TF2) or are great games that are exclusive on PC (most indie and MMO games). also my taste of games is leaning away from consoles in general.

Yeah; typo. I meant the Wii u not the Wii -.-;

For me who doesn't have an all powerful pc, is stuck with consoles. I can't get a desk top and a laptop would cost 1-2k to play stuff like Skyrim. My laptop now MIGHT do so but I haven't tested it out yet and I paid about a good 500+ dollars on it.

The last laptop that I paid 1k for (when I had two jobs,) could not even run Blazblue without lagging. Also you can't really say the pc is good for everyone because as you pointed out you need to have a powerful one to run good games. If there was a choice on a 300+ system or a 500-700+ PC that you MIGHT have to share with your household (depending on your age,) to run games like TF2, which one would a person lean more towards?

So in a way you are a PC fanboy lol.

IMO there is no good system out there; it depends on the person's pockets and preference.

The most I might get this year is a 3DS when it goes on sale again or a 3DS XL unless I get a secondary job again.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 15 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#131 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

My PC cost about $600 when I bought everything. It is about looking for deals and putting it together.

Most expensive part of my setup was the graphics card and I went higher than I needed to.

#132 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

PC is all about getting what you pay for, and you have the choice. I could easily build a PC for $300 that will play plenty of modern games on medium to low settings. Or you can spend more and get better graphics and a better experience than a console could offer. It's nice having that choice, and also not having to wait 6 or 7 years in between upgrades.

This post has been edited by TheStrongJaeger: 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

All systems... GO!

#133 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

PC is all about getting what you pay for, and you have the choice. I could easily build a PC for $300 that will play plenty of modern games on medium to low settings. Or you can spend more and get better graphics and a better experience than a console could offer. It's nice having that choice, and also not having to wait 6 or 7 years in between upgrades.

Well for someone like me (this goes for you as well Rondo,) I'm stuck with a laptop because I have no idea how to build one from scratch (even with a guide,) and I don't trust anyone to mess with my computer unless it's someone with a warranty, (because the last time I did that, well I was out a good 500 dollars and I'm still trying to sue them over it.)

BUT it doesn't mean I'm stuck without playing pc games or bias towards anyone who does. It's more of a personal choice and my rooming situation; I'm sharing my computer and I move around a lot. The last time I moved my desktop (when I did have one) it pretty much died so I just bought laptops to be easier. They last 2-3 years and since I have to pay bills and stuff (and don't have a second job anymore,) it's not a major issue.

Desktop are good for gaming but a laptop you have to pay big money or know what you are doing so it might cost more than a game system, which is cheap now (a wii is like 150-200 dollars.)

All the systems have issues sadly; there isn't one "superior system," so I kind of laugh when someone says "Xbox is better than all!" or "PC RULES ALL." I personally like them all and if I had the money I would totally buy them all! But I'm just stuck with my PS3 (thankfully) that I had for about a good 3-4 years now running, surviving two moves.

Heck I wish there was a superior that anyone could buy without having to go under a contract or know what you are doing and is good in any situation.

On topic: If the next Yugioh game is on the Wii U, I might be more incline to buy it. I'm addicted to Zexal bad.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#134 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Sorry if i came off rude about the PC, but i think people may have taken some stuff the wrong way.

first off i think we need to talk more about how the PC realm works, and with power copy what jeager said, most PC games if you stick to small indie games or most F2P are not that power draining, hell look at minecraft, it looks like a alpha n64 game, and most games can run ok on most system, if you want to go online, RAM is your friend, and it is one of the cheepest parts on the computer. video cards can run you for a good one and some people (not me) have computers with 2 to 4 video cards, each card working 1/4 of a screen.

as for being snobish on consoles, i was going off a little bit but i do say there are games that you can't get on PC that you can get on the PS3, 360, and even a wii, and most PC ports are garbage but are getting better since a few years back. so not everything is love and sunshine in PC land.

and fuji sorry about being rude to you, i find you to be a very nice member, and belive me it sucks to not have money, i don't have health care so i bearly afford to buy meds, but i do have a great family that sticks together so i have that. and i am thankful for that since most people don't.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 16 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

#135 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

I don't mean to come off as rude, just stating simple information irrelevant of anyone's specific situation. PC's (laptops can be similar), for me, provide much more flexibility than a console ever could for the most part. That and since I work in the IT field, well it comes in handy there as well.

Consoles are nice that they typically have their own subset of games and are a bit more convenient/simple to deal with though over the years they have become more like PC's. Each generation they keep getting a little more complex.

Back on topic...I'm thinking about getting a couple of Wii U's..to see how much they go for after launch.

This post has been edited by rondo: 16 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

#136 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postrondo, on 16 October 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Back on topic...I'm thinking about getting a couple of Wii U's..to see how much they go for after launch.

This I've considered. I scalped a couple Wii's on their Christmas launch for a hefty profit. I don't predict the Wii U will be as profitable but there is money to be made.
All systems... GO!

#137 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 16 October 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

Sorry if i came off rude about the PC, but i think people may have taken some stuff the wrong way.

first off i think we need to talk more about how the PC realm works, and with power copy what jeager said, most PC games if you stick to small indie games or most F2P are not that power draining, hell look at minecraft, it looks like a alpha n64 game, and most games can run ok on most system, if you want to go online, RAM is your friend, and it is one of the cheepest parts on the computer. video cards can run you for a good one and some people (not me) have computers with 2 to 4 video cards, each card working 1/4 of a screen.

as for being snobish on consoles, i was going off a little bit but i do say there are games that you can't get on PC that you can get on the PS3, 360, and even a wii, and most PC ports are garbage but are getting better since a few years back. so not everything is love and sunshine in PC land.

and fuji sorry about being rude to you, i find you to be a very nice member, and belive me it sucks to not have money, i don't have health care so i bearly afford to buy meds, but i do have a great family that sticks together so i have that. and i am thankful for that since most people don't.

Me nice? I have been called a racist, a fool, and a pervert due to my indifference and mannerism but.....rarely 'nice,' so I have no idea how to take it due to my Nihilism and This and the fact that I used to be a really nice and considerate person till I got bitter.

So......thanks.....-blushes-

Hey hang in there! Let me be the only negative kun on this site!

I wasn't trying to turn into Nozomu, but the fact that people like me, or my friend who doesn't have IT experience per say, can't build a pc from scratch, so it's not as awesome and over->consoles as people make it out to be, the hardcore fanboys. If PC fits with you then rock on just don't let the fanboys and fangirls rock your boat.

On topic, no I will not be hoarding systems and no I will not be hoarding systems. I'm glad nobody in my household has requested this system and are ignorant towards it for the most part. I do know I have to buy a 3DS by December...so far.

People used to hoard Wii systems and re sell them for 4x the price on ebay so I'm waiting until that storm passes over by 2013(?)

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 16 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#138 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 October 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

People used to hoard Wii systems and re sell them for 4x the price on ebay so I'm waiting until that storm passes over by 2013(?)

This will depend entirely on how many units Nintendo ships and if they somehow keep selling out. The period for this window opportunity compared to when the Wii came out should be much shorter. Summer 2013 should see some normalcy for the Wii U as the 720/PS4 insanity will be in gear.

I don't see the price change next year because they should still be generally cheaper than what Microsoft or Sony offers.

This post has been edited by rondo: 16 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

#139 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postrondo, on 16 October 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

This will depend entirely on how many units Nintendo ships and if they somehow keep selling out. The period for this window opportunity compared to when the Wii came out should be much shorter. Summer 2013 should see some normalcy for the Wii U as the 720/PS4 insanity will be in gear.

I don't see the price change next year because they should still be generally cheaper than what Microsoft or Sony offers.

Is that Orbit or whatever the hell it was still coming out from Sony? Because they might not make that much effort to overdo Nintendo if they start strong with this.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#140 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 October 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Is that Orbit or whatever the hell it was still coming out from Sony? Because they might not make that much effort to overdo Nintendo if they start strong with this.

Orbit is simply a code name, likely a version/revision name, of the next generation hardware they have been working on. I get the feeling Sony isn't trying to outdo Nintendo as much as it tries to outdo Microsoft and I am sure they will be trying to put in quite a bit of effort to be the next system of choice (retain current owners/get new ones).

#141 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postrondo, on 17 October 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Orbit is simply a code name, likely a version/revision name, of the next generation hardware they have been working on. I get the feeling Sony isn't trying to outdo Nintendo as much as it tries to outdo Microsoft and I am sure they will be trying to put in quite a bit of effort to be the next system of choice (retain current owners/get new ones).

Hmmm....still curious on when their new system will come out and will the fans still have faith in the wii u?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#142 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Another thing I don't know if I've seen mentioned here is the online. They just confirmed their is no universal chat system like Xbox Live has so that sucks, and I'm pretty sure they're still using some weird Friend Code type system for games.

I mean, this is 2012 and you still don't have a unified online system like every other platform has had for years? That alone is almost enough to be a deal-breaker for me and others.
All systems... GO!

#143 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

that is not the issue at all, games do have chat like COD, AC, and pretty mush if the game have chat on other systems it would have chat, the issue is that it have is that you need to have it in a jack and it must be only on the pad controller.

also about friend codes, i heard it may be gone, and hell even if it isn't gone, it will most likly still be like the 3DS which is a cleaner system and mush better then the mess on DS and wii.

also i was looking something up, YOU can chat with Miiverse in text and video. also screw xbox live, pay 60$ just to wrash netflix which i am paying 8$ is bull.

and where the hell you get your info that you have no link too or a name. my info is from penny arcade which they get from nintendo's site and other news sites that did interviews.

also this is from neogaf mega thread but here is the full info on miiverse http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=496248

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 20 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

#144 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 20 October 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

that is not the issue at all, games do have chat like COD, AC, and pretty mush if the game have chat on other systems it would have chat, the issue is that it have is that you need to have it in a jack and it must be only on the pad controller.

also about friend codes, i heard it may be gone, and hell even if it isn't gone, it will most likly still be like the 3DS which is a cleaner system and mush better then the mess on DS and wii.

also i was looking something up, YOU can chat with Miiverse in text and video. also screw xbox live, pay 60$ just to wrash netflix which i am paying 8$ is bull.

and where the hell you get your info that you have no link too or a name. my info is from penny arcade which they get from nintendo's site and other news sites that did interviews.

also this is from neogaf mega thread but here is the full info on miiverse http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=496248

Wii, 3DS, DS lite games you still need friend codes for peer to peer online, unless you are next to said person, then you only need to enable your Nintendo connection.

Not that much different than Sony/Xbox, which requires you to have a person's username to add them, except that Nintendo has shut down a lot of online servers, such as the YGO network, so you can't battle strangers without a code.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#145 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

shutting down old game servers is a common thing on games with low pop online, PC can get around it since you can mod the game to use fan made servers. it a little harder on xbox and wii.

#146 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 20 October 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

http://www.joystiq.c...ty-complicated/

The issue I am talking about, which you kindly ignored, is that there is no universal chat system across the system itself. Lots of times when I hop on either Steam or Xbox Live I'm not playing the same game as my friends but I can still chat with them/ On the Wii U this is impossible. Also the fact that it's not guaranteed for every game and the fact you have to have a third party headset to use it is bad.

And as far as Friend Codes being "Not that much different than Sony/Xbox, which requires you to have a person's username to add them," that is just not true. On Steam, Xbox or PS3 I only need to add ONE username and then I can play with that person in any game. With the Wii, 3DS and now likely the Wii U I have to add a new one for every single game. It is absolutely unnecessary and convoluted.

So defend it however you want, it's still a vastly inferior chat and online system than the existing platforms.
All systems... GO!

#147 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 21 October 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

http://www.joystiq.c...ty-complicated/

The issue I am talking about, which you kindly ignored, is that there is no universal chat system across the system itself. Lots of times when I hop on either Steam or Xbox Live I'm not playing the same game as my friends but I can still chat with them/ On the Wii U this is impossible. Also the fact that it's not guaranteed for every game and the fact you have to have a third party headset to use it is bad.

And as far as Friend Codes being "Not that much different than Sony/Xbox, which requires you to have a person's username to add them," that is just not true. On Steam, Xbox or PS3 I only need to add ONE username and then I can play with that person in any game. With the Wii, 3DS and now likely the Wii U I have to add a new one for every single game. It is absolutely unnecessary and convoluted.

So defend it however you want, it's still a vastly inferior chat and online system than the existing platforms.

Sounds like someone's fandom for the current gens was turned into dragon mode there.

I'm not defending it, nor did I say it was better than Sony/Xbox, but it seems similar to me imo, because even if you add someone's username you can't play them with said game unless you both equally own said game, outside of that you are stuck online, and then if you can't go online you still can't play them. It's easier because you can use any internet modem device compared to a usb/router method for the Wii/DS.

On the ds lite you can go online and play against people but if you want to play against friends such as Yugioh, HM, or Pokemon you need to 1)Be online and have access to an enabled internet device that works with your ds lite, 2)add their friend code. You can't chat with them on a DS lite and play games but hey you couldn't even do that normally with the previous handheld systems; it's not an iphone.

I noticed this in the case of Japanese only games like Puyo Puyo 20th as well as Itadaki street that I could go online and for a time before the servers were shut down, Yugioh. I don't have a 3DS so I have no idea if games like this still hold true due to the region lock or if you can play such games in the same country with two different systems (such as both friends having Puyo Puyo 20th and one having a DS lite and the other a 3DS.)

EDIT: Can the PSP/Vita even do that? As far as I know it has similar problems as the Ds lite/3DS. With a Xbox/PS3 you can even hook up a keyboard so it's probably a case of Handhelds=/= same power or abilities as core systems.

I don't own a Wii so I can't really debate about that; my ex friend does and I'm not asking him for information.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 21 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#148 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 October 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Sounds like someone's fandom for the current gens was turned into dragon mode there.

I'm not defending it, nor did I say it was better than Sony/Xbox, but it seems similar to me imo, because even if you add someone's username you can't play them with said game unless you both equally own said game, outside of that you are stuck online, and then if you can't go online you still can't play them. It's easier because you can use any internet modem device compared to a usb/router method for the Wii/DS.
I don't own a Wii so I can't really debate about that; my ex friend does and I'm not asking him for information.

The difference is that I can turn on any system(except the Wii) and see what my friends are playing because they have just one Username. That way I might go "Hey, I see Joe is playing this game, maybe I'll play with him." With the friend code system I don't know what they are doing. And with a username system I automatically know what games my friends have and how far they are. So I don't think it's similar at all.

Imagine if for your cellphone you had to give every one of your friends a different number so they could call you, and you also had to give them a separate number for text messages. That is how the Wii and 3DS(and from the sounds of it likely the Wii U) work, instead of one phone number you give to everyone and it works for everything.
All systems... GO!

#149 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wii's online is pretty bad and I can't really speak for the DS. I can only imagine the WiiU's being better though.

This post has been edited by HiroEcks: 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#150 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 19 October 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hmmm....still curious on when their new system will come out and will the fans still have faith in the wii u?

Check back in 2013 for the Sony's and Microsoft's next systems.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users