Anime Central Forums: Romney or Obama 2012! - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 13 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Romney or Obama 2012!

#31 User is offline   Valkyrie 

  • Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041
  • Posts: 1,274
  • Joined: 21-September 04
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

When it involves FOX News? :D (I do want to shake your hand, however, for this wonderful exchange of wit, lol)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#32 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009
  • Posts: 173
  • Joined: 12-May 09
  • Location:Valparaiso, IN

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

If you dont like either, why not go with option C? This two party system sucks. Or perhaps we should go back to the old way of having the losing candidate become the VP for the winner.

Other than that, my main concerns for this election are my state officials attacking workers with Right To Work and what not. I am very VERY glad that Mitch is out. He was bad for us here in Indiana.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#33 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-April 11

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 02 September 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

When it involves FOX News? :D (I do want to shake your hand, however, for this wonderful exchange of wit, lol)


yup yup 1 out of how many? :D

#34 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostUnlucky Slayer, on 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

If you dont like either, why not go with option C? This two party system sucks. Or perhaps we should go back to the old way of having the losing candidate become the VP for the winner.

Other than that, my main concerns for this election are my state officials attacking workers with Right To Work and what not. I am very VERY glad that Mitch is out. He was bad for us here in Indiana.


Option C is usually don't vote since we have no third party any more and haven't in a long time. And that option sucks because well, you are basically passing the buck and when the aftermath happens you want to complain -shrug-

-Can't even remember how long-

And why is this thread still active! I thought it would have died out after what a few choice people said. -Runs back out-
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#35 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 02 September 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Option C is usually don't vote since we have no third party any more and haven't in a long time. And that option sucks because well, you are basically passing the buck and when the aftermath happens you want to complain -shrug-

-Can't even remember how long-

And why is this thread still active! I thought it would have died out after what a few choice people said. -Runs back out-


I'm guessing you never heard of Ralph Nader? He has been around for a while, he just doesn't get the money and major advertisement as the main two. He doesn't run Republican or Democrat.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#36 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 September 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

I'm guessing you never heard of Ralph Nader? He has been around for a while, he just doesn't get the money and major advertisement as the main two. He doesn't run Republican or Democrat.


If I didn't hear about him then a lot of others didn't either AND that's bad.

It means that people might not even give him a shot or a chance.

I usually go by what I see, unless I find a glimpse, then I look it up. Same with information and people. So if he is keeping a low profile, not on purpose, that isn't good. The only thing my family has been harping about is those two in this thread.

And apparently Mine hasn't heard of Ralph Nader either or has chosen to ignore them for not being popular, or he would had put them in the thread title or first page.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#37 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 September 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

If I didn't hear about him then a lot of others didn't either AND that's bad.

It means that people might not even give him a shot or a chance.

I usually go by what I see, unless I find a glimpse, then I look it up. Same with information and people. So if he is keeping a low profile, not on purpose, that isn't good. The only thing my family has been harping about is those two in this thread.

And apparently Mine hasn't heard of Ralph Nader either or has chosen to ignore them for not being popular, or he would had put them in the thread title or first page.


When did you or they start voting? His name would be on the ballet. He runs as an independent. He ran just this past election. (2008) He isn't low key on purpose. In order to get the screentime the Republicans and Democrats get,you need to get money . Most people want their money to matter, so obviously they are gonna pick the mainline choices. (Or whoever can do them the most favors ahem)

If you poke your head in election stuffs, you should know who he is. He even appears on the news, and his name would be on the election resultz ticket that most stations play during their broadcast. He is decently well known for being "that other guy" lol He achieved 700000+ votes that's a drop in the bucket, but not an unknown guy lol

Btw he wasn't just in the 2008 election, he has been in many others. Im quite sure Mine knows of Nader. It seems he isn't running this year tho. Honestly tho, just concerning last election, most people who went to vote, voted for Obama for obvious reasons. Of course they'd know nothing bout Nader. Or probably any of the other choices. "Hmm...I voted for Obama...I dont really care about this thing about voting some people to represent my state..." lol

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 03 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#38 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 September 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

When did you or they start voting? His name would be on the ballet. He runs as an independent. He ran just this past election. (2008) He isn't low key on purpose. In order to get the screentime the Republicans and Democrats get,you need to get money . Most people want their money to matter, so obviously they are gonna pick the mainline choices. (Or whoever can do them the most favors ahem)

If you poke your head in election stuffs, you should know who he is. He even appears on the news, and his name would be on the election resultz ticket that most stations play during their broadcast. He is decently well known for being "that other guy" lol He achieved 700000+ votes that's a drop in the bucket, but not an unknown guy lol

Btw he wasn't just in the 2008 election, he has been in many others. Im quite sure Mine knows of Nader. It seems he isn't running this year tho. Honestly tho, just concerning last election, most people who went to vote, voted for Obama for obvious reasons. Of course they'd know nothing bout Nader. Or probably any of the other choices. "Hmm...I voted for Obama...I dont really care about this thing about voting some people to represent my state..." lol


I started voting after Bush's second term and when Obama was first on the ballet. I didn't vote the previous two times because I thought it wouldn't matter. I voted in Chinatown and didn't see his name; just two people. I would had remembered a third candidate because I was with Cipher at the time and we voted together before going to Golden Bull.

Mind you I don't really watch tv in my house or the news outside of court shows, Doctor Oz, random Toonami, or Maury. I get most of my information through networking and word of mouth, or the internet. And my mother in law (former,) has been harping about Obama for so damn long that it's becoming a pain along with my family, because "we have to support our black people!"

.......

So they never told me anything about a third party and from the fact that Mine, and a few others here, except you and one other guy didn't mention him at all, I assumed that they either:

Didn't know about him or chose to ignore him.

I mean I would had mention him in terms of picks, even if he wasn't on the ballet this year.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#39 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 September 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

I started voting after Bush's second term and when Obama was first on the ballet. I didn't vote the previous two times because I thought it wouldn't matter. I voted in Chinatown and didn't see his name; just two people. I would had remembered a third candidate because I was with Cipher at the time and we voted together before going to Golden Bull.

Mind you I don't really watch tv in my house or the news outside of court shows, Doctor Oz, random Toonami, or Maury. I get most of my information through networking and word of mouth, or the internet. And my mother in law (former,) has been harping about Obama for so damn long that it's becoming a pain along with my family, because "we have to support our black people!"

.......

So they never told me anything about a third party and from the fact that Mine, and a few others here, except you and one other guy didn't mention him at all, I assumed that they either:

Didn't know about him or chose to ignore him.

I mean I would had mention him in terms of picks, even if he wasn't on the ballet this year.


I really hate those who just voted for Obama because he is black. It's one of the most ignorant things to do. Half of them probably didnt even know his policies. (I wanted Obama to win, but not because he was black.) So stupid.

Anyway, you should know hearsay and word of mouth are not reliable methods of learning stuff. It's probably the worst. (Not that media is any better, but random people talking about it is the last place I'd look for info. I much rather search for myself.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#40 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Post edited because apparently I say offensive things.
So instead:
People who are going to vote for Mitt Romney are very kawaii desu nee and sugoi! ^____^
But I'll be voting for Obama because economy aside, he's done a great job and he doesn't want to tell me how to live my life.And I don't see Romney pulling a magical solution to fix the economy out of his a**, either.


This post has been edited by Kii: 03 September 2012 - 06:13 PM


Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#41 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostKii, on 03 September 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Anyway, I guess I'll make this brief and say I'm voting for Obama. Mitt Romney is an ignorant idiot who wants to treat my uterus like a piece of property.That alone is enough to say "I don't care who the other candidate is, that is the last person who will get my vote."

This is the first time ever, in the history of anything, that I would legitimately not be friends with somebody for voting a certain way.Anybody who votes for Romney is not a decent person.
Sorry, folks.

This election is going to be absolutely terrifying.


This really burns me up. I've been following this thread and kept holding off and biting my tongue, but enough is enough. This is how threads get closed.

Respect other people's right to an opinion without name calling please. Calling someone indecent for their views or choice of candidate is not acceptable.

Romney's track record has shown that he is pro-life. I'm pro-life as well. My friend was a child born out of rape, a horrible situation, that ended in adoption not abortion. She is my best friend, always helping others in a selfless manner, and a wonderful sister to her 6 younger sisters and brothers. I'm so glad that her mom chose adoption. So yes, it's my uterus, but it's not my life in there. It's someone else. I'm for protecting the lives of unborn children.

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#42 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 03 September 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:



This really burns me up. I've been following this thread and kept holding off and biting my tongue, but enough is enough. This is how threads get closed.




Sorry to "burn you up", but I doubt anybody is going to close the thread over that.I'll edit that post AGAIN so as to not offend anyone.
Again.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#43 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostKii, on 03 September 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Sorry to "burn you up", but I doubt anybody is going to close the thread over that.I'll edit that post AGAIN so as to not offend anyone.
Again.

It's not about offending anyone. It's about name calling instead of just chatting or debating. I wasn't offended. I'm voting for Romney, not that it matters here, but that doesn't mean I'm an indecent person, as you stated. It just means I have reasons to believe one candidate is better than the other. I could say mean and slanderous things about Obama, and anyone who votes for him. But that would be ignorant. Others have their own reasons to believe Obama is the better candidate. I respect that, and won't hold that against them. Ultimately you have to inform yourself and make that decision. I do my homework, and I expect everyone else has done theirs and made a well informed choice. After all, knowledge is power!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#44 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostKii, on 03 September 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Sorry to "burn you up", but I doubt anybody is going to close the thread over that.I'll edit that post AGAIN so as to not offend anyone.
Again.


Stop. You are stealing my heart.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#45 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 03 September 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

It's not about offending anyone. It's about name calling instead of just chatting or debating. I wasn't offended. I'm voting for Romney, not that it matters here, but that doesn't mean I'm an indecent person, as you stated. It just means I have reasons to believe one candidate is better than the other. I could say mean and slanderous things about Obama, and anyone who votes for him. But that would be ignorant. Others have their own reasons to believe Obama is the better candidate. I respect that, and won't hold that against them. Ultimately you have to inform yourself and make that decision. I do my homework, and I expect everyone else has done theirs and made a well informed choice. After all, knowledge is power!


I was also debating (I had plenty of other things to say in that post), and just stated my opinion of what I think of people who support Mitt Romney. Again, I am sorry for rubbing you the wrong way, so I took it down. But you quoting me in your last post ensures plenty more people will get rubbed the wrong way.
Anyway, back to the "debating and chatting" about where our vote is going and why, before the thread gets closed for being derailed.Or I get banned again.


This post has been edited by Kii: 03 September 2012 - 06:24 PM


Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#46 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostKii, on 03 September 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

I was also debating (I had plenty of other things to say in that post), and just stated my opinion of what I think of people who support Mitt Romney. Again, I am sorry for rubbing you the wrong way, so I took it down. But you quoting me in your last post ensures plenty more people will get rubbed the wrong way.
Anyway, back to the "debating and chatting" about where our vote is going and why, before the thread gets closed for being derailed.Or I get banned again.




You got banned? I don't remember that.

I was surprised I didn't get banned....from that one Nazi thread....or anyone in that thread period. I tried to keep it real without losing my cool and calling people names. Oh boy....did I get called some nasty names. Hohohohhoho

@Xeno: Yeah a lot of people in Chicago voted for Obama just because he was black. I was at the point that I don't call myself black because it's pissing me off how my family in general say that we have to support the black people just because of their race and not the community/self righteousness in general.

Of course my background is German/Chinese/Native America/African and many times I just put 'other.' Or I tell people, "I'm not black! I'm blacknese!"

@JuJu: I respect you; it's funny I'm pro choice and I understand your point. I think it's because my family had a LOT of issues with abortion being banned, especially in cases of rape/incest, including my dead grandmother. She ummm...died from a bad abortion because it was illegal and she already had like three-five kids from an "incident." My grandfather committed suicide afterwards. Which explains why my father's side of the family is pretty nuts.

The only issue I have is that pro life people LOVE to hit me with a bat over it; you are the first I met that didn't.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#47 User is offline   Kyuu 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 08-May 03
  • Location:42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 03 September 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Romney's track record has shown that he is pro-life. I'm pro-life as well.


1. Get your facts straight, as Romney had been on both sides of every issue.

2. Abortion is a side issue, not a #1 priority, and shouldn't be a base determinant to deciding on a vote.

===

Finally, I love Free Speech. 'cause Free Speech enables people to sift through other's people's words to see if there's any substance:

http://www.thedailys...nvenient-truths
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

#48 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-April 11

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostKii, on 03 September 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

[/center]But I'll be voting for Obama because economy aside, he's done a great job and he doesn't want to tell me how to live my life.And I don't see Romney pulling a magical solution to fix the economy out of his a**, either.




Bigger Government always = more direct interference with each individual citizens freedoms and life.

#49 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-April 11

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostKyuu, on 04 September 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

1. Get your facts straight, as Romney had been on both sides of every issue.

2. Abortion is a side issue, not a #1 priority, and shouldn't be a base determinant to deciding on a vote.

===

Finally, I love Free Speech. 'cause Free Speech enables people to sift through other's people's words to see if there's any substance:

http://www.thedailys...nvenient-truths


Simple version of Romney's belief on Abortion (without all the extra 10000 nonsense words to make it confusing):

a: Abortion is wrong and unethical.
b: However, it is not the governments job to determine whether it is wrong or right for an individual to have an abortion.
c: Abortion should not be funded by taxpayers.

#50 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

[quote name='Kyuu' timestamp='1346546262' post='1087299']
This is exactly what the Republicans want you to think.

I'm blaming the Republican Do-Nothing Congress for that stuff, who happens to have a [u]12% approval rating[/u]. It's easy to pin the blame on the President, because he's one person. But keep in mind the 3-branch system we have in this country. A President can make all sorts of wonderful proposals like a bill to stimulate job growth or a separate bank for infrastructure projects. However, none of these mean a darned thing, if Congress is unwilling to pass these kinds of programs.

THIS.

[quote name='Evil_Nerd' timestamp='1346550289' post='1087305']
The problem wasn't getting men in college to put on condoms before you do the dirty deed. She was talking about using birth control as a hormonal treatment, preventing ovarian cysts and other issue with reproduction. Condoms won't help you with endometriosis or PCOS. Birth control can be expensive if you are not covered.
[/quote]

This.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#51 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostKyuu, on 02 September 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

One-word: Filibuster.

A simple majority in the Senate is not enough to block it. Get bills up into the Senate; filibuster it to death. A super majority is needed for bills to be filibuster-proof. Because of the filibuster, it's actually McConnell, who had control. For this reason, the Senate is actually ridiculous, where a simple majority can't even get things passed.

===

Also. Politics is proof that people have short-memories and attention spans. But I'll quote a response from this article:
http://www.huffingto..._181763751.html

Quote is in response to Chris Wallace's comment:
"It seems to me, for Republicans, it's not that he's failed to lead, it's that he's led in the wrong direction."



This is what happened, folks. As the comment says, ideology trumps everything else, including economic growth. To think, Republicans in Congress are willing to tank our economy, just to pin the result on Obama. This is outright insanity.


THIS. ALL OF THIS.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#52 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postminecraftsmurf, on 02 September 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

I am voting for Romney.

Why? Because I choose to put forth the wellbeing and future of the ‘entire’ nation before ‘select groups’
(a number of individuals lesser than that of the entire population) of individuals. I do not agree with Mitt on many topics… however, Mitt Romney has the experiences, the qualifications to make a difference in this nation’s future. There are so many stingy people (yes that’s right… stingy) people in this country… and it’s not nearly just about ‘money…’ people put forth their ‘feelings’ and beliefs in topics that only directly effect a ‘select group’ before an issue that directly affects that of the entire nation.

I do not intent so sound as if I am saying that some topics are not as important as others… however, I am claiming that some topics directly affect us all compared to others that directly affect a ‘select group.’


If you are truly interested in the well-being of our nation being prioritized over "select groups" then I cannot understand why you would vote for Romney. Romney is predominantly looking out for the the fabulously wealthy members of our nation. He plans on going back to de-regulation and lowering taxes on the very wealthy. Unfortunately, history has proven that trickle-down economics does not work. If you enjoy voting against your own best interests, then vote for Mitt.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#53 User is offline   Valkyrie 

  • Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041
  • Posts: 1,274
  • Joined: 21-September 04
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Now that you mention it, I'm curious about something.

Speaking hypothetically, if the wealthy manned up and had taxes just like the rest of us, wouldn't that in itself help our economy? Or at least put a dent in our national debt?
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#54 User is offline   kahad 

  • Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532
  • Posts: 3,199
  • Joined: 21-May 03
  • Location:Carbondale, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Some people here are forgetting that the Democrats had a super majority in the House all of Obama's first two years. They also had a super majority in the Senate for about a year. Remember why it took so long to pass ObamaCare??? His own party didn't like it. Had to resort to making backroom deals to get it though.

Answer me this: if Obama is so good, why did the Democrats get hammered in 2010?

View PostValkyrie, on 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Now that you mention it, I'm curious about something.

Speaking hypothetically, if the wealthy manned up and had taxes just like the rest of us, wouldn't that in itself help our economy? Or at least put a dent in our national debt?

The government would actually have to spend that money wisely.

Also, I believe that the national debt is in the trillions. All that money would barely make a scratch.

This post has been edited by kahad: 04 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#55 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Now that you mention it, I'm curious about something.

Speaking hypothetically, if the wealthy manned up and had taxes just like the rest of us, wouldn't that in itself help our economy? Or at least put a dent in our national debt?


Theoretically, yes it would. Check this out:

"GE paid no taxes [in 2010]; Goldman Sachs paid $14 million last year. The GAO reported in 2008 that “two out of every three United States corporations paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005.”

Companies have become all too astute at paying for loopholes which allow them to shift profits abroad, or move their gains (on paper) to foreign low-tax/no-tax nations.

[Let's] look at the overall tax payments corporations have made. As the graphic below shows, the change in corporate taxes — not merely rates, but what they actually paid — over the past half century is astounding.

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of Federal Revenue
1955 . . . 27.3%
2010 . . . 8.9%

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of GDP
1955 . . . 4.3%
2010 . . . 1.3%

Individual Income/Payrolls as a Percentage of Federal Revenue
1955 . . . 58.0%
2010 . . . 81.5%

Anyone who is serious about closing the US deficit should consider the changes in what corporations pay in taxes and the rise of the deficit."


That should answer your question, yes?

Romney thinks that corporations and wealthy individuals should not have to increase their (already incredibly lax) tax contributions.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#56 User is offline   kahad 

  • Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532
  • Posts: 3,199
  • Joined: 21-May 03
  • Location:Carbondale, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 04 September 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Theoretically, yes it would. Check this out:

You are assuming the government would actually spend the money wisely.

I would not be against tex raises so much if I felt that the government would use that money wisely and add spending cuts to it.

I do not understand the tax rates some of these people pay. I think the entire tax code needs to be rewritten, something I doubt either party has the guts to do.

Welfare and entitlement programs need to be reformed. I live in a federal subsided house and got a medical card to help pay for the medical expenses when I had cancer. I see the need for these programs. I also see the need for reform.

For starters, the government needs to have mandatory drug testing for people on these entitlement programs. There is a strange smell in the hallway right now, and I doubt it is a glade plug-in There has been drug raids here. The former head of the office got fired for accepting bribes from drug dealers.

The Department of Human Resources loses my paper work a lot. I had to go some months without buy food from the grocery. Luckily for me, those months happen to be two different Mays when I had two cons to go to. And for some reason, I keep getting stuck with mean/rude case workers.

It took forever to get my medical card approved when I had cancer. They started to ask me questions about my Asperger's and my eye sight. (If have cancer doesn't get me approved, why would those?) We tired to get help from my representatives in the state house and senate. But their aides said that it might cause me to be denied due to political reasons. (Both of them are Republicans.)

Edit: The Fujoshi, here is a website that list some other third-party and independent candidates. Not sure how accurate and up-to-date it is, though.

http://2012.presiden...candidates.org/

This post has been edited by kahad: 04 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#57 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

On an unrelated note: Obama's jobs plan has never, not even once, been brought onto the House floor. Wondering why? It's not a failure of leadership, as Mitt Romney would have us believe. It's because the House is currently controlled by Republicans who are more interested in ensuring that Obama does not get re-elected than they are in actually helping this country get out of this recession. Almost since day one of Obama's presidency, Republicans have attempted to stone-wall any and all of his efforts. "Since 2007, the Senate Historical Office has shown, Democrats have had to end Republican filibusters more than 360 times, a historic record."

The above quote is from this excellent CNN article: http://www.cnn.com/2...tion/index.html



Relating back to my previous post concerning tax rates, let's also note that Republicans blocked the DISCLOSE Campaign Spending Act. The DISCLOSE Act was designed to increase transparency in campaign spending by independent groups. http://www.huffingto..._n_1678055.html
And just in case you weren't absolutely certain that Republican congressman are in the pockets of corporations & other powerful organizations, read this: http://thinkprogress...sure/?mobile=nc



To bring this full-circle, I cringe when I hear people say that Romney is qualified to lead our nation because he is a successful business man. Let's get one thing straight: there's only one guy in this race who actually bought and sold American businesses and moved them to India and China.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#58 User is offline   kahad 

  • Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532
  • Posts: 3,199
  • Joined: 21-May 03
  • Location:Carbondale, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 04 September 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

On an unrelated note: Obama's jobs plan has never, not even once, been brought onto the House floor. Wondering why? It's not a failure of leadership, as Mitt Romney would have us believe. It's because the House is currently controlled by Republicans who are more interested in ensuring that Obama does not get re-elected than they are in actually helping this country get out of this recession. Almost since day one of Obama's presidency, Republicans have attempted to stone-wall any and all of his efforts. "Since 2007, the Senate Historical Office has shown, Democrats have had to end Republican filibusters more than 360 times, a historic record."

The above quote is from this excellent CNN article: http://www.cnn.com/2...tion/index.html



Relating back to my previous post concerning tax rates, let's also note that Republicans blocked the DISCLOSE Campaign Spending Act. The DISCLOSE Act was designed to increase transparency in campaign spending by independent groups. http://www.huffingto..._n_1678055.html
And just in case you weren't absolutely certain that Republican congressman are in the pockets of corporations & other powerful organizations, read this: http://thinkprogress...sure/?mobile=nc



To bring this full-circle, I cringe when I hear people say that Romney is qualified to lead our nation because he is a successful business man. Let's get one thing straight: there's only one guy in this race who actually bought and sold American businesses and moved them to India and China.

You sound as if you expect the Republicans to play dead for Obama. Democrats never played dead for Bush. It's what the people who elected them want them to do.

And you sound like you think that the Republicans are the only one that work with corporations.

And trusting a CNN/MSNBC/Huffington Post/Think Prograssive article about Republicans is like trusting a FOX news about Democrats.

This post has been edited by kahad: 04 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#59 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860
  • Posts: 1,337
  • Joined: 09-August 04
  • Location:small town, IL

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm still undecided on who I'm voting for. Perhaps it isn't wise for me to be viewing the ACen forums with the way my wish-washy mind is so easily swayed and I know the point of this thread isn't to "convert" others, but I must say - I feel like I understand both grounds a little better after reading this forum thread. It's a casual(somewhat haha) tone and it's easier to read and understand for me.

I won't lie though, I'm leaning toward Obama just because of the whole "rights" issues(as someone who is child-free.... the whole birth control/abortion thing is kind of important to me). But the economy is important to... that is the only reason I'm very undecided cause like a majority of the Romney voters on this thread have said, Romney looks to be concerned about the economy.

Ah well!

Good luck to both sides and may the best candidate win! :thumbup:
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#60 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 04 September 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

On an unrelated note: Obama's jobs plan has never, not even once, been brought onto the House floor. Wondering why? It's not a failure of leadership, as Mitt Romney would have us believe. It's because the House is currently controlled by Republicans who are more interested in ensuring that Obama does not get re-elected than they are in actually helping this country get out of this recession. Almost since day one of Obama's presidency, Republicans have attempted to stone-wall any and all of his efforts. "Since 2007, the Senate Historical Office has shown, Democrats have had to end Republican filibusters more than 360 times, a historic record."


Posted Image

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

  • 13 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users