#31 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

*puts a gigai pill in this thread's mouth*

For anyone just now reading, welcome to the Bleach thread! :) I will be your leader this year, cosplaying as Byakuya Kuchiki on Friday and Nel Tu on Saturday.

So the Feb. 15 deadline's come and gone, and while we wait for confirmation, I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to share any requests/suggestions for poses beyond the basic group pics. Otherwise, if you're cosplaying Bleach this year, like Bleach, or just interested in stopping by, don't be shy and drop a reply!

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 18 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

ACen 2015 Cosplays ("Personal Idols"):
Lulu (Final Fantasy X/X-2) :: Yomiko Readman (Read or Die OVA) :: possible 3rd??

#32 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58699

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Gin X Ranigku >>;;

This post has been edited by Lynnie: 19 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays!

Friday: Fem!Wesker - Resident Evil (100%)
Saturday: Salior Venus - Salior Moon (95%)
Sunday: Ranigku - Bleach (100%)

#33 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

:lol: You got it, Lynnie.

There was something I suggested last year, but I don't think it got through/was implemented, and I want thoughts on it.

As we all know, one thing almost all characters have in common is the ability of speed (shunpo/flash step, sonido, etc.). So I was thinking, Shunpo/Sonido Shots! We gather people dressed in the same cosplay and have them pose so that it looks like one character moving really fast.
Lulu (Final Fantasy X/X-2) :: Yomiko Readman (Read or Die OVA) :: possible 3rd??

#34 User is offline   Lynnie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58699

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

>.> sounds awesome
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

Friday: Fem!Wesker - Resident Evil (100%)
Saturday: Salior Venus - Salior Moon (95%)
Sunday: Ranigku - Bleach (100%)

#35 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

*pushes thread back to the front of the line*

Oh geez, I really should be in here more often. Sorry, guys. I'm still waiting for our meeting time/place approval, and of course trying to finish my own cosplays IRL. (Just finished Nel Tu's skull!)

Also, believe it or not, I'm rereading the Bleach manga in order to get ideas. I was thinking it'd be cool if we did some dramatic reenactments from way back in the Rescue Rukia arc as well, but I kinda want to see who exactly will show up as whom. On that note, if you know anyone who's cosplaying from Bleach, spread the word! I'll try to do the same while I'm running around ACen. :D

#36 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm very tempted to bring Retsu with her hair down and scar :happydance:
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#37 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

*tempttempttempt* :D

#38 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

I've been tempted! I shall be at the Bleach shoot if it doesn't get mixed with the OP shoot! Which is wont! Now to find Kenpachis to fight with! :highfive:
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#39 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Woot! *marks down another one!* (On another note, I tried accessing the forums from my new phone and saw this, so the woot is a little belated.) And, luck willing, we'll have two shoots for your convenience. I'm keeping an eye out for announcements.

#40 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I can't wait for both shoots! Waiting for the photoshoot schedule is killing me!
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#41 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I've been on pins and needles since February, but the minute I saw the list of 'final' submissions I knew it'd take a while, plus I think they said some places got changed around/blocked. But they're working hard! *:thumbup: to cactusmomma* When things settle down I'll ask about rain backup as well, particularly for a big group like us; I'm not sure about the precedent, and con layout can change at the drop of a hat. Of course, we'll have BEAUTIFUL WEATHER THAT WEEKEND (*looks up at sky*), but it never hurts to be prepared.

#42 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Join me in the sunshine dance! I always love how big the Bleach photoshoot is. I'm glad some areas are blocked so people can get around better. Lets hope for warm weather and sunshine all around.
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#43 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

*giggles with glee because you changed your sig* I want more captains! We only had one Unohana last year, and that was on Saturday, and then she mysteriously disappeared after we took her picture.

#44 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I hope we can have a group picture with all the captains! Old and new!

Also spoilers up next for the peeps who isn't caught up to the recent chapters of BLEACH.

Does anyone have a guess for what color Unohana's bankai is? I was gonna go with red.
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#45 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Speaking of the captains, I also wanted to do a couple of concept shots where all the captains are showing the numbers on the backs of their haori, or all the vice-captains posing in a way that shows off their badges (Squad Pride?). That way we're not just smushing up captains and vice-captains together like a class yearbook photo.

And then a funnier (geekier?) idea (granted we have enough of the right captains): Squad Math! We group up certain captains in humorous/serious positions, and in a way that they're demonstrating basic math equations.

Example: Toshiro (10) minus Gin (3) equals Kyoraku (8). Or Unohana (4) plus Soi Fong (2) equals Byakuya (6).

As for Unohana's bankai I have no idea. :unsure: I'm terrible when it comes to guessing color schemes.

#46 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

WOAH~! very creative! Would Kenpachi vs Kenpachi be alright to?
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#47 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Interesting idea. I'll keep that in mind. And to add to my last post (and shame on me because I'm cosplaying Nel), the math thing could also be done for the Espada (Nel plus Halibel equals Grimmjow???). We had a particularly great showing of Espada last year. (I should know; me and my friend ran right into a Resurrecion Stark/Halibel in the Dealer's Room Saturday.) I'd KILL for a Nnoitra this year, though!

Also...I THOUGHT I remembered your name from somewhere, Keysmash! I went back to the archives to look through the Bleach 2012 thread, and I saw you ran 2011's shoot with Gabichox. Good to have you on board again. :D

*looks up at last post* Oops. And Toshiro minus Gin would equal Komamura, not Kyoraku. :rolleyes: For Kyoraku...ah, that could go so many ways. Ukitake minus Aizen? Two Unohanas? Kenpachi minus Gin (when Gin tied Ken up and dragged him off, lawl)?

#48 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Aww thanks! It was fun running three bleach shoots, but I would rather participate. And the rain killed us! We were told to meet inside the convention center but it turned out we were suppose to meet under the circle area place by the tree patch.I was Captain Yoruichi that time. My best friend was Luppi and ran the second half of the Bleach shoots. I was tempted to bring Halibel as well that year.

Man I would love to see a Komamura!
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#49 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

I don't see any Kitty's in this thread. Mew?
I might pop in as Yoruichi depending on times of other things in relation to this.
I always love coming to the Bleach shoot. It's almost like a tradition for me. To attend even if I am not in it.
Course, I'm not going to know any knew charries....last Bleach I read was the chapter right after the Aizen...stuff...ended....i think
A-Cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) / Fish Mooney (Gotham TV Series) / Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / Fluttershy (My Little Pony: FIM)

(No Photos)A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#50 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yay! Well, even if you don't, we'd be glad to have ya. :D/> I'm still keeping an eye out for the announcements, but I'm shooting for us to have the Left Loading Docks on Friday at 3-4 PM and Saturday at 1-2 PM.

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 18 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

#51 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

coolios. It also depends what time the concert is if I go and all.
A-Cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) / Fish Mooney (Gotham TV Series) / Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / Fluttershy (My Little Pony: FIM)

(No Photos)A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#52 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63334
  • Location:On the brink of Insanity and Where Has My Memory Gone? Lane

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

As far as going as Bleach. I only really own Rukia cosplays and half finished fem Shizuo so Ill be going as Rukia mainly. And also what days did you want to do the older arc? Cause I can bring my prison cosplay for that. 83 Im really excited to Mee all the leach cosplayers!
~*Hope is but a simple flame... Always flickering, but always there.*~ JC

#53 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hi, JC! I'd LOVE to see a Prisoner Rukia! So many possibilities... *__*

As for photo-ops, I'll try to spread things across both days, depending on attendance. Usually people save their elaborate cosplays for Saturday (*coughNelTucough*, so Sat might lend itself better to the newer arcs.

Speaking of which--and this goes for everyone--if there's something you want to see, humorous or serious, from ANY arc, please be my guest and suggest away!

#54 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Haha thank then Ill bring my prison Rukia.

And as far as scenes, this one may be harder because I don't know if anybody will cosplay as these characters, but the part where Hitsugaya blocks Hinamori and Izuru from blocking each other when they find Aizen dead is a very memorable scene for me and I'd like to see that 83

And I know this has probably been done a lot but Ulquiorra and Ichigo face off thing? Nothing too extreme just one of my favorite battles. Hope that isn't too much to ask. 83

#55 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

I just read that a couple of weeks ago (the Aizen death scene)! I've been rereading the Bleach manga, and then when I volunteered to head the photoshoot, I figured I could refresh my memory and get some killer photoshoot ideas at the same time.

And I believe we're getting both an Ulquiorra and a Yammy, so that might definitely be a possibility. 8D

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 21 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

#56 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sweet! I think now the anime is over whether temporarily or permanently, I haven't gotten a clear answer, I think people would appreciate seeing old scenes from the beginning of the series. I know I would like to take a memory lane down Bleach having followed it for three years now XD Maybe it could be like a timeline thing? Just an idea you don't need to pay me much mind. XD Maybe a few shots from each season or manga section or something? All the way into the fullbring arc perhaps? Again just a suggestion, maybe you already thought of it too.

#57 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostJCWarriorCats, on 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Sweet! I think now the anime is over whether temporarily or permanently, I haven't gotten a clear answer, I think people would appreciate seeing old scenes from the beginning of the series. I know I would like to take a memory lane down Bleach having followed it for three years now XD Maybe it could be like a timeline thing? Just an idea you don't need to pay me much mind. XD Maybe a few shots from each season or manga section or something? All the way into the fullbring arc perhaps? Again just a suggestion, maybe you already thought of it too.

YOU JUST READ MY MIND. :o/> *puts that right on her list* "Pivotal Moments in Bleach"....my personal favorites were the Byakuya vs. Ichigo fight, and when Nel Tu whooped Nnoitra's butt (for five minutes, anyway). And the Beast Swords arc in the anime was hilarious. XD

Oh yeah. And I think I just invented a whole new subcategory of dream: "cosplay photoshoot anxiety". I had a dream (nightmare??) the other night that we met up at the Loading Docks, and then an ACen staff member came up and told us we'd been relocated to this tiny little island in the middle of the Fox River. Then I don't know what happened midway, but by the time we got there, the large group had dwindled down to seven cosplayers, including two from One Piece (and I haven't been watching One Piece in YEARS.) And then we had a mud fight. :huh:

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 21 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

#58 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Haha oh wow yeah that sounds like a lot of pressure. Im sure you will do fine and I don't think we'll be relocated either as long as we aren't in the way. Just relax, you'll get through it, we have faith in you! 8D

Ichigo vs Byakuya was great. Bankai Zangetsu! Bankai! XD and Nel Tu did beat his butt while she could ;)

And maybe you should start a thread or something and link it here for people to post their 'Favorite or Most Memorable' Bleach moments. That way you can get an idea of what shoots you might want to do from a popular vote or something. List down people's requests then dwindle them down from there? Just a suggestion. You'll probably have a better idea of where to start and end.

#59 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yay! I'll do my best! :highfive: My friend ran it last year, and I somehow inherited the flame. But I'm so Type A-ish. *squirm* Believe it or not--I've been keeping a Notebook file of ideas. :D

Basically, we'll have our essential group shots first: Soul Society (Squads 1-13, all captains, all vice-captains); "Karakura Town" (Ichigo, Orihime, etc.), Hueco Mundo and other villains (Aizen, Espada). Then give the requests I first received on this thread top priority, and then open to anything else. And then I think, before the shoot actually gets underway, I'll give all the photographers a few seconds to get their cameras ready. I never really liked it when it was just "OK PHOTOSHOOT TIME GOOOO...!!"

#60 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sounds like a good plan. You sound really prepared. 83 Points have been rewarded lol XD Yeah starting with the basics is probably a good idea.

Yeah it would be kind of aggravating if people didnt even get a chance to whip out their cameras. Pretty sure people would not be pleased. You seem to have I all together so Kudos for that. You'll do great! You shall do your friend proud. :thumbup:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users