Anime Central Forums: Fox Valley Anime Society Meet Up! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Fox Valley Anime Society Meet Up! For all the older anime fans in the Fox Cities Area!

#1 User is offline   DabbleDeDork 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61726

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm not sure if this can go here, but I'm not sure where else to put it.

Hiya! I'm starting an anime club up in the fox cities area of Wisconsin (the cities of Appleton, Kaukauna, Menasha, Neenah, and Oshkosh, the villages of Combined Locks, Hortonville, Kimberly, Little Chute, and Sherwood, and the towns of Kaukauna, Menasha, Neenah, Buchanan, Clayton, Freedom, Grand Chute, Greenville, Harrison), since all of the clubs are two hours or more away. It's an anime club aimed towards older fans who are either no longer in high school or college (I'm 22 myself). The first meeting is scheduled to be at the Appleton Public Library on September 13, 2012 at 5:00pm to 7:30pm. I'm working on being able to show Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone.

For more info check out our:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook...leyanmesociety/
Twitter: @FoxValleyAnime
Tumblr: http://fox-valley-an...iety.tumblr.com
Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.co...-Anime-Society/
~~*Planned 2013 Cosplay*~~
Octavia from MLP:FiM
Homura Akemi from PMMM
Stocking from PSG

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Interesting. I have been attending the Anime Shin-Gen group (currently on Facebook), which usually meets in Skokie, IL. Even though it seems rather difficult to find active anime-manga fans who have left college, everyone who's currently active in our group is an adult.

So yeah, I will mention your group to my fellow fans. I don't know how many of them will travel all the way north to Wisconsin, especially on a Thursday evening. But this is intriguing.

#3 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 01 September 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Interesting. I have been attending the Anime Shin-Gen group (currently on Facebook), which usually meets in Skokie, IL. Even though it seems rather difficult to find active anime-manga fans who have left college, everyone who's currently active in our group is an adult.

So yeah, I will mention your group to my fellow fans. I don't know how many of them will travel all the way north to Wisconsin, especially on a Thursday evening. But this is intriguing.

Oh man, I live right next door to Skokie, and I too am a post-college anime/manga fan. I'll have to check your group out!
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users