• This topic is locked

So new it hurts... (ouch)

#1 User is offline   Jsoba 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62623

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi!

Jsoba here, pleasure to meet you all. I'm also known as Blue_Star from over on the aarinfantasy forum (so that explains enough about my preferences I guess.) I've been there for years but lately the place has gotten incredibly quiet. Ssshhh....zzzzz.

Can I start off by saying I'm an older fan? No? Too badXD I'm 27, been watching anime since the days of after school Toonami and staying up late to watch Trigun, Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim. So yeah, I think that pretty much pinpoints where my fandom stems fromXD

Last year I was thinking about going but then was like 'omg what if it's all teenagers, omg I'm probably too old to cosplay anyway. I haven't cosplayed in years, omg this & that' and etc. But this year I'm like screw it all. Who cares, right? I'm missing out on a good time :3 Plus shopping.

Honestly for a little while there I'd been losing touch with anime. Until Tiger & Bunny happened, which has dragged me back out of semi-otaku retirement.

I know next to nothing about this convention (I've only ever been to Gencon every year) so it's research time. Can't decide between staying in the Hyatt or Embassy? I've heard good things about both.

Any advice you have for this newbie is appreciated! Hope to chat with some of you.

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Welcome to the forums. Here. have a cookie *hands cookie*

I too am 27 and the way i see it is youre never too old to cosplay.

I recommend the Embassy myself. the free breakfast is amazing and the rooms are really nice.

Gencon eh? Do you like tabletop gaming?

Anyway enjoy your time here on the forums and at ACen. if you have any questions, feel free to ask
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#3 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Your title caught my attention. Hello and welcome to the ACen Forums. -waves- I agree with you on the cosplay is for everyone. I also started with watching anime after school and watching Adult Swim -Inuyasha was what made me discover that I was watching anime and not even knowing it all these years. I'm currently in anime retirement until I finish collecting all anime that I have seen. Until then I wait to see what other people recommend to watch. Any anime I should watch?

If you want to be near the action some say the Hyatt is your best choice but if you want some peace and some what quiet then the other hotels across the street are the best choice. I have stayed at the Embassy and I love that there is more space to walk around in your room plus the fridge and microwave is an added bonus.

Tip: Get your badge early and sent to your house so you don't have to wait in line to buy a badge. Unless that is tradition for you then feel free to wait in line. Bring snacks too.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 25 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#4 User is offline   Jsoba 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62623

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

@magishine: Actually no, I don't play any sort of tabletop games. I go mainly to shop and check out the film, anime, seminars etc. Thanks for the cookie!

@MsLovelyCookie: I've just started watching Kuroko no Basket to get me back in the swing of things. If you're into sports at all it's a good show:)

Alright, I've another newbie question for anyone who can answer it. I didn't see this listed on the badge FAQ. Under my account how many other badges can I buy? If I have someone who's going with me can I buy a badge for them or will they need to create their own account?

#5 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

They will need to setup their own account as well I believe. Unless they're a child.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#6 User is offline   Kickastina 

• Sprite Of Curiosity
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58914

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

WELCOME!~ :D

I don't know what else to really put here....
So have a nice day. ^^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users