• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cosplayers please help me!><

#1 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62431

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

ok....its my first time to make a costume for my cosplay (its my 2nd time cosplaying and i want to make mine costume so i can save up some money) and i don't know how to make a patern for her coat...
here is the link

http://www.google.co...29,r:1,s:0,i:76
http://www.google.co...29,r:2,s:0,i:79

I have pretty much idea about the hood but i don't know how to put the coat and the hood together....i also want some kind of a pattern...so please gave me some advise!!!>< i don't want to costume made by online because sometimes it won't fit or too big for me!!><

for those who know how to make costume!!><

http://www.google.co...,r:11,s:0,i:107

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

When I've made my cosplays I go to JoAnn and check out the pattern books. You should be able to find a pattern close to what you want to make, and just modify it to suit your needs. For me I would find a hooded jacket pattern similar to that one, and do it in all white. The black pattern bits you could either paint them on, or just cut out some black material and sew them on top of the white material.
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I would definitely agree with finding a pattern close to that and then modifying what you need to. Three big pattern manufacturers are Simplicity, McCall's, and Butterick. There's also Vogue and Burda, but their patterns tend to be more complicated. If you go to their websites, you can actually brows their patterns online, and sort by the type of thing you're looking for (jackets, dresses, etc.). Here are some links:

Simplicity Patterns
McCall's Patterns
Butterick Patterns
Kwik Sew Patterns

I would browse around until you find something that looks close, and then make a note of the brand and pattern number. Another thing is, if you don't need this in a rush, you should look at your local fabric store ads to see when patterns go on sale. Simplicity, McCall's and Butterick often get marked down to 99¢ at the fabric stores near me, so I don't usually buy them when they're not on sale.

#4 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

The people working at the fabric stores will also help and give you advice on how to do things if you aren't sure. If you don't wish to sew the whole thing, there is another alternative. If you have a Good Will or a Salvation Army store in your area (or any clothing resale store) you can always look in there for jackets/coats that would work for you. Then all you'd need is to sew the black on.
2015 Cosplay
Mondo Oowada - DanganRonpa
Tsukishima Kei - Haikyuu
Atobe Keigo - Prince of Tennis
Mankanshoku Mako - Kill la Kill if it gets done on time

#5 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

First off i would say show i picture of what you want to make to someone at a fabric store since thats a pretty straightforward jacket pattern. My other question is: Have you used a sewing machine before or maybe not for a while? I'd suggest using some old t-shirts or some other old fabrics to practice on if you haven't sewn in a while (or at all). I'm not trying to imply anything negative by this, just trying to offer a suggestion to practice before putting this together.
Kitsune Kon Head of Guest relations
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#6 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostWingypoo, on 16 August 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

First off i would say show i picture of what you want to make to someone at a fabric store since thats a pretty straightforward jacket pattern. My other question is: Have you used a sewing machine before or maybe not for a while? I'd suggest using some old t-shirts or some other old fabrics to practice on if you haven't sewn in a while (or at all). I'm not trying to imply anything negative by this, just trying to offer a suggestion to practice before putting this together.

that is what i'm planning first...i know someone who know how to use a sewing machine and i also know how to sew by hand but not that good and its been a while i sew..><

#7 User is offline   otakupunzal 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostAgatha, on 15 August 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

I would definitely agree with finding a pattern close to that and then modifying what you need to. Three big pattern manufacturers are Simplicity, McCall's, and Butterick. There's also Vogue and Burda, but their patterns tend to be more complicated. If you go to their websites, you can actually brows their patterns online, and sort by the type of thing you're looking for (jackets, dresses, etc.). Here are some links:

Simplicity Patterns
McCall's Patterns
Butterick Patterns
Kwik Sew Patterns

I would browse around until you find something that looks close, and then make a note of the brand and pattern number. Another thing is, if you don't need this in a rush, you should look at your local fabric store ads to see when patterns go on sale. Simplicity, McCall's and Butterick often get marked down to 99¢ at the fabric stores near me, so I don't usually buy them when they're not on sale.

thanks!!>< i saw some that are similar!!><

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users