• You cannot reply to this topic

Neo Geo X Giga Power on the go.

#1 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well, they've gone and done it now. Looks like a revival of sorts for the luxury box Neo Geo, now in portable form.

Neo Geo X

I'm a bit intrigued with the concept but only if they keep releasing titles for it (obviously older ones) and they are reasonably priced.

Still expensive though for what it is.

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Japan only :3 (Probably)

129.99 isn't bad for the handheld to be honest; cheaper than a DSI and 20 dollars more than a new Ds lite.

But is the neo geo X gold the system and the controller or the system and the handheld set?

It's interesting but why so many years later? *One of the few who actually knows the original neo geo*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 15 August 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Japan only :3 (Probably)

129.99 isn't bad for the handheld to be honest; cheaper than a DSI and 20 dollars more than a new Ds lite.

But is the neo geo X gold the system and the controller or the system and the handheld set?

It's interesting but why so many years later? *One of the few who actually knows the original neo geo*

No, it's US.

You have the Neo Geo X, which is just the handheld, and the Neo Geo X Gold, which includes what appears to be an almost exact copy of the original controller and a dock which allows play on a TV. Curious how HDMI would work though...

They are doing this for the 20th anniversary. I still have both my MVS and AES Geo's...I'm debating picking this up..but again, they need to release other titles for me to commit.

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postrondo, on 15 August 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

No, it's US.

You have the Neo Geo X, which is just the handheld, and the Neo Geo X Gold, which includes what appears to be an almost exact copy of the original controller and a dock which allows play on a TV. Curious how HDMI would work though...

They are doing this for the 20th anniversary. I still have both my MVS and AES Geo's...I'm debating picking this up..but again, they need to release other titles for me to commit.

Lucky then! At least it didn't end up like some Japan only systems.

Wow 20 years already ._. Makes me feel even older.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users