• This topic is locked

Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Martin Billany, better known by his screen name LittleKuriboh (or CardGamesFTW), is the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, a parody of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, and was the first to make an abridged series. Martin is considered the godfather of the abridged age. He has thus far produced no less than 52 episodes, a spinoff, a prequel, a christmas special and two movies, creating a cultural phenomenon in the anime world. In addition to playing nearly every character in his own series, he has made cameos in the Death Note, Naruto, Sonic X, Trinity Blood, Pokemon, Fullmetal Alchemist and Sailor Moon abridged series. Website: www.yugiohabridged.com
(bio borrowed from the San Japan website)

In 2012 he has been or will be a guest at the following cons:

Kami-Con 2012 - February 3-5 in Tuscaloosa, AL
Anime Milwaukee 2012 - February 17-19 in Milwaukee, WI
MomoCon 2012 - March 16-18 in Atlanta, GA
Miami Hurricon 2012 - April 7 in Coral Gables, FL
Anime Midwest 2012 - July 6-8 in Lisle, IL
Animecon 2012 - July 14-15 in Kuopio, Finland
San Japan 2012 - August 10-12 in San Antonio, TX
Meta Con 2012 - August 31 - September 2 in Minneapolis, MN
Alcon 2012 - September 6-9 in Leicester, UK
Youmacon 2012 - November 1-4 in Detroit, MI
Pacific Media Expo 2012 - November 9-11 in Los Angeles, CA

Here the complete list (link) of conventions he has been invited to from 2009 to 2013.

Also, check out his IMDB entry (link) to see what other things he has contributed to.

Shark Robot, a regular ACen vendor, features his merchandise.

On a more personal note, I never really watched Yu-Gi-Oh when it was on the air and under the control of 4Kids. When I discovered His youtube fan parody, Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series(YGOTAS), I was instantly hooked! Suddenly I found myself interested in the series, familiar with the characters, and interested in the actual story. Not only did Martin get me interested in what I thought was a boring kids anime(due to how 4Kids handled it), but he also put a hilarious spin on it using his dry British humor and pop culture references. I also adore his other parody Naruto the Abridged Series. Sometimes I totally forget it is just one person doing all of the voices. He has an amazing range and talent.

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 08 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   izumitastic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61543

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

He was at AnimeWorld Chicago last weekend, too.
ACen 2013 COSPLAY PLANS
Char Aznable- Mobile Suit Gundam

#3 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

He sold me something from AnimeWorld, and we chatted for a few minutes and he seemed really cool. I wouldn't mind seeing him at ACen. I thought I read last year though that they wouldn't have him as a guest due to something :/ Not 100% sure on that though

#4 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postbewd7879, on 09 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

He sold me something from AnimeWorld, and we chatted for a few minutes and he seemed really cool. I wouldn't mind seeing him at ACen. I thought I read last year though that they wouldn't have him as a guest due to something :/ Not 100% sure on that though

They never said that they wouldn't have him as a guest. I think they left it off as something like "we will consider it". They were unfamiliar with his work, and unsure of what an abridged series was. His abridged series are completely non-profit parodies that are protected under "Fair Use". Once I explained it that cleared up the issue.

I also got to meet and talk with him at ACen last year. He was helping out at the Shark Robot booth.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users