• You cannot reply to this topic

Kingdom hearts 3DS who is buying this?

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's out today and Best buy is doing a deal that you can get the 3DS and the game bundled together for about 179-180 something dollars.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62574

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

a ds emulator is free of charge. ds roms are also free. The only requirements is a computer with internet to download and no internet to play. 180? Nah...

#3 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

If you're cool with being a douche, yeah. Like I get that every once in a while people are going to acquire something by less than legal means and no that doesn't make it right, but to actively advocate it and actually mock someone willing to spend their hard earned money, that just makes you look like a tool. Like it or not, its a business. People work hard to make these games and if you appreciate them and want to see them continue, you should probably man up and drop the money.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#4 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62574

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I dropped way more money on free games buying cash items than on pay 2 play games...

really, I wonder why....

This post has been edited by James: 31 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostJames, on 31 July 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

a ds emulator is free of charge. ds roms are also free. The only requirements is a computer with internet to download and no internet to play. 180? Nah...

The problem with pirating games is that it's getting harder and harder to do. Like with Devil survivor 2; you couldn't get past a certain point without anti guard. Same thing with Pokemon Black and White 2. Also PS3 are really hard to emulate per say and I happen to like Atlus enough to support them by buying actual copies. As far as I know the World ends with you roms doesn't work 100%, crashes, and can delete your save data randomly.

I used to have a similar attitude like you James in high school but my friend, who was a massive bootlegger (to the point he had PS bootleg,) could not play nor finish formention game. He downloaded a good four-five versions and none of them worked. This motivated me to buy 75-85% actual copies of games if not 90%. And I happen to love the world ends with you enough to dish out 30-40 dollars for it, which was a lot for a ds lite game back then.

Also pirate methods has made companies try to strike back, which is why the 3DS is region lock and people like myself can not buy Japanese 3DS bundle only systems (seriously have you seen the KH 3DS bundle? It's sweet but I can't buy it.)

I say use emulators when:

1) There is a translation of said game such as Tokimeki memorial and there is no way you can get said english copy in the USA.

2) When you don't want to open the original copy.

Also as far as I know, 3DS games are not 100% emulated. I do know someone who traded in their 3DS for a DSI XL and has a r4 but to be honest she said she didn't have "wood," so I don't believe she is playing 3DS games, since the last kernel for r4 that wasn't wood couldn't play 3DS games and has not been updated.

Considering that KH 3DS is about a good 40-50 bucks, this is a deal with the 3DS. I paid more than this for Proxy fees (shipping japanese doujinshi,) and cosplays.

Oh back on subject, I am waiting to get it because the 3DS XL is coming out August 19th as well as Persona 4 the fighting game.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users