#1 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62574

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ummm... Hello

going to cosplay Akumetsu for 2013.
Really want a SAO KOB armor, Akihiko Kayaba's casual wear and armor and LoGH Imperial Admiral Uniform...

well, KOB armor and Akihiko Kayaba's armor would cost at least $500 each. For high quality materials, I suspect that it won't cost less than $800.
Imperial Admiral Uniform could cost me around $300 or so (I want the gray parts to not be cloth) and I suspect Akihiko Kayaba's casual wear is around that price too...

Thus.... I'm a college student, broke, working part time in low wage. No money to cosplay any of those characters. Best I could do is Akumetsu now. Ohh well >:(

I'll cosplay them someday...

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Greetings good sir. Here have a cookie *hands cookie* I hope you enjoy both the forums and the con. Sounds like you've got some awesome cosplay ideas
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#3 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postmagishine, on 23 July 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Greetings good sir. Here have a cookie *hands cookie* I hope you enjoy both the forums and the con. Sounds like you've got some awesome cosplay ideas

hmmmm, there's not that much activity on the forums, or is there?

hope I enjoy the con.... well, I do think my semester would have ended so it should be fine to drive there daily... if I am willing enough to do it daily.

I have a high expectation that there will be lots of SAO cosplayers next year (the anime is boardcasting, afterall). I have yet to watch the anime but I have been a fan of the novel since when baka-tsuki was translating chapter 12 or so. However, I am not really interested in cosplaying Kirito. He is a fine character but I'd rather cosplay Akihiko Kayaba all day anyday. I also want a KOB uniform (their uniform is an armor so what the heck), that's all.

For LoGH, I want a uniform ever since I saw this guy's cosplay. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/103501/
Damn sexy and LoGH is my favorite anime of all time. So, there you go.

I found some cosplay online of Reinhard von Lohengramm and Oskar von Reuenthal and some pictures too. However the quality of the cosplay just isn't up to my standards...
http://www.cosplaybu...ume-p-2258.html

Seeing as I am currently broke and how picky I am about the quality, I've decided to cosplay Akumetsu (the only thing needed is a mask which I have ordered and hopefully it would get here in perfect condition, maybe some colored hair gel or a wig but my normal hair could work fine too).

Now then, before ACen 2013, I gotta get them 6 packs, buff up, lose fat, wear my sleeveless hood with no undershirt, wear an Akumetsu mask and my jeans and boots or flip flops... borrow a bb gun, buy a katana (hopefully I can find a cheap blunt one... and hopefully I can bring that to ACen), buy a bb revolver, maybe buy a bb smg... and that would be my first cosplay

and maybe order myself a doctor's gown, some dissection kit (knife included hopefully), get a fake scar and wear the Akumetsu mask and that would be my second cosplay.

and maybe get me some arm tats :D

This post has been edited by James: 23 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

#4 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

Right now. The forums are kinda dead. It's the summer and a lot of people are enjoying their summers and other stuff. But no worries. Once the fall gets here and registration opens for next year, this place will be lively again. Until then, hold out. There are still a few of us on here.

Sounds like you've got a lot of goals to work towards. Good luck on that man. Especially the 6 pack abs, that's some hard work.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions let us or someone else know! Don't be afraid to speak your mind or ask anything!

Any suggestions on making money:

Try craigslist for odd jobs like passing out flyers/doing surveys for people. This might help. If you know someone that can help try to do moving jobs for a couple of bucks. Really hustle together and you can do anything! Well except be in the CIA and or hack the President's computer but you know what I mean.

Magi the forums is indeed dead except for the lurkers and the big debators =_= and the people who live here.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 24 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postmagishine, on 23 July 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Right now. The forums are kinda dead. It's the summer and a lot of people are enjoying their summers and other stuff. But no worries. Once the fall gets here and registration opens for next year, this place will be lively again. Until then, hold out. There are still a few of us on here.

Sounds like you've got a lot of goals to work towards. Good luck on that man. Especially the 6 pack abs, that's some hard work.

Aye, big goals I have. Now let's see if I can pull it off. Well, I should be easy to find in the next ACen since I will be wearing a mask that's quite damn distinctive. You can always come over and say hi then. I'm a shy person btw... so... I might not know how to response but what the heck.

Regarding the six packs, I own a treadmill, a super mma set of bodylastics, a situp chair. Soo.... if only I was not that damn lazy then and had the motivation (which often comes when you have a female mate who are demanding you to change... at least that's what I've imagined... I lacked it so I don't know)...

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 24 July 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions let us or someone else know! Don't be afraid to speak your mind or ask anything!

Any suggestions on making money:

Try craigslist for odd jobs like passing out flyers/doing surveys for people. This might help. If you know someone that can help try to do moving jobs for a couple of bucks. Really hustle together and you can do anything! Well except be in the CIA and or hack the President's computer but you know what I mean.

Magi the forums is indeed dead except for the lurkers and the big debators =_= and the people who live here.

I'm working part time at michaels as a replenishment associate... sucks that I don't know how to craft and my pay is only 8.5/hr (higher than min wage of 8.25 for chicago) which comes to around 7.2/hr after tax. Not much I can do about it. Craigslist is full of scammers... and there are only a few real jobs -- lots of them are commission based scamming sales job and I've applied to at least 30 of them.... I think I've applied to some 50-60 jobs before I landed one. Ohh well.

Introduce me to some big debaters, it seems like they will have some fun convincing me their positions.

This post has been edited by James: 24 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostJames, on 24 July 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Big talkers: (if you see a thread past 3 that seems controversial expect it to be controversial.)

LinLin
Ken
Dark Stranger
Me (well not really, I have the whole indifferent personality which conflicts with other personalities or better let I'm like this dude Alternative personality:

Posted Image
Literally. I do not troll on purpose; some period are really...eh whatever.

People who are always on:

Rondo
Mama (she's a mod.)
Tiamat (darn sp.)
Everyone I just mentioned from 1.

Well don't give up! If you put your mind to it you can make money! I hate the scammers too but I did managed to find a few jobs in the etc./gigs part but it was really really hard .w.;

Also don't give up on your goals either. If you need someone to poke you with a stick I think I can manage.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 24 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#8 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

;~; No mention of your pal Wingy? I get it. I see how it is. *sniff sniff*

Pfft.

Welcome to the forums. It's the summertime lulls here, but as the great and powerful Magi said - it'll pick up.

In terms of money, craigslist imo is very shady... have you tried perhaps announcing you'll do small commissions for friends if you have a particular craft you're good at or skill?

And as for six pack - ballroom dancing and archery. You are working your core really hard and you're having fun. Twofer!
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#9 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Welcome to the forums James :)

I was working retail for a long time and I ended up finding a good temp service and figured what the h3ll. I was sick of being part time without any benefits and I found a really good full time job through the temp agency. I've heard good and bad about those agencies, but it turned out to be fantastic for me but you never know till you try. I was a temp for a few months and then was hired on full time with benefits and overtime. Love love love overtime (sometimes working 48-70 hrs a week). I wouldn't try Craigslist, but while you are working, you can still apply for other jobs and possibly to a temp service.

Like others have mentioned, the forums are pretty dead in the summer. A few posters here and there and mostly lurkers. :ph34r:

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#10 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 24 July 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Big talkers: (if you see a thread past 3 that seems controversial expect it to be controversial.)

LinLin
Ken
Dark Stranger
Me (well not really, I have the whole indifferent personality which conflicts with other personalities or better let I'm like this dude Alternative personality:

Posted Image
Literally. I do not troll on purpose; some period are really...eh whatever.

People who are always on:

Rondo
Mama (she's a mod.)
Tiamat (darn sp.)
Everyone I just mentioned from 1.

Well don't give up! If you put your mind to it you can make money! I hate the scammers too but I did managed to find a few jobs in the etc./gigs part but it was really really hard .w.;

Also don't give up on your goals either. If you need someone to poke you with a stick I think I can manage.

by introduce does not mean listing names. I highly doubt I will encounter them even if you list their names... :|

Well, I've been into two craigslist interview and was called for two other... I didn't bother going for the other two since they seemed too shady and the job just isn't my taste (paid by commission door to door sales).

ps. I don't know that dude's alter ego... I kinda stopped midway and never bothered going back... it didn't interest me that greatly to begin with...

View PostWingy Baby, on 25 July 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

;~; No mention of your pal Wingy? I get it. I see how it is. *sniff sniff*

Pfft.

Welcome to the forums. It's the summertime lulls here, but as the great and powerful Magi said - it'll pick up.

In terms of money, craigslist imo is very shady... have you tried perhaps announcing you'll do small commissions for friends if you have a particular craft you're good at or skill?

And as for six pack - ballroom dancing and archery. You are working your core really hard and you're having fun. Twofer!

Yes it's summertime... school starts again in aug the 20th. :|

ummm... I don't know how to craft feces?

dancing and archery... where the heck you get that from.

View PostVoxx, on 25 July 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums James :)

I was working retail for a long time and I ended up finding a good temp service and figured what the h3ll. I was sick of being part time without any benefits and I found a really good full time job through the temp agency. I've heard good and bad about those agencies, but it turned out to be fantastic for me but you never know till you try. I was a temp for a few months and then was hired on full time with benefits and overtime. Love love love overtime (sometimes working 48-70 hrs a week). I wouldn't try Craigslist, but while you are working, you can still apply for other jobs and possibly to a temp service.

Like others have mentioned, the forums are pretty dead in the summer. A few posters here and there and mostly lurkers. :ph34r:

Thing is, I'm still a student and the job schedule for my current retail is quite nice. Early morning at 5am is the usual time. Thus, I will be able to attend class afterward when school starts. That said, I have no interest in sales related business. :D

This post has been edited by James: 25 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

#11 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostJames, on 25 July 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

ummm... I don't know how to craft feces?

dancing and archery... where the heck you get that from.

I dance and I do archery. Wasn't exactly pulling from anywhere~

Tho, I must ask ...Feces? Now I must ask where you got that from.
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#12 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostWingy Baby, on 25 July 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I dance and I do archery. Wasn't exactly pulling from anywhere~

Tho, I must ask ...Feces? Now I must ask where you got that from.

Can't dance and no bow and arrow to try archery. It was from thin air.... or thick air...

Trying to be civil and instead of using the word crap... apparently I can't type the word sh1t. I do that every now and then.

This post has been edited by James: 25 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

#13 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostJames, on 25 July 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Thing is, I'm still a student and the job schedule for my current retail is quite nice. Early morning at 5am is the usual time. Thus, I will be able to attend class afterward when school starts. That said, I have no interest in sales related business. :D

Ah, I see. When I was in college I was in retail as well because it was flexible so that was nice and then I graduated and needed a higher paying steady job. Since you are still in school and you need extra cash, have you thought about selling some unwanted items like games or movies online? I had a lot of manga and anime that were just sitting on my shelf that I collected frivolously (ended up with over a thousand) and I needed extra cash so I sold quite a bit online and made about 3k. If you'd like more info on it, pm me.

What are you going to school for?

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#14 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostVoxx, on 25 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Ah, I see. When I was in college I was in retail as well because it was flexible so that was nice and then I graduated and needed a higher paying steady job. Since you are still in school and you need extra cash, have you thought about selling some unwanted items like games or movies online? I had a lot of manga and anime that were just sitting on my shelf that I collected frivolously (ended up with over a thousand) and I needed extra cash so I sold quite a bit online and made about 3k. If you'd like more info on it, pm me.

What are you going to school for?

no, I torrent, direct download or stream (basically bootleg) all my junks.

so yeah... nothing to sell... only have laptops... and they aren't worth jack

I just finished my first year at Illinois Institute of Technology last spring.... school starts again in a month. Majoring Biomedical Engineering. screwed my second semester (play games all day, boring professors, all science and math classes) and is on probation next semester (gpa last semester = 1.83, probation gpa for semester = 1.85 or lower...)

That said, while surfing the net...

I came across Tomodachi!!! hell, I think I might buy that for ACen. Wonder if there will be lots of people wanting to cosplay tomodachi with me? Btw, he's from 20th century boys, one of my favorite manga.

This post has been edited by James: 26 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users