• You cannot reply to this topic

Lulu FFX Wig question Need some opinions/suggestions

#1 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

So um...I'm down to jewelry and the wig as the only two things left to purchase. Unfortunately i'm going to have to get one of the semi cheaper wigs instead of the one i'd really like (Which is 200 bucks..lol). I figure i can always get the one i want at a later date since i'd like to save money for ACen. I found a couple different wigs and i'm not entirely sure which one to go with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320899430826
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

I'm super torn.
I like the second wig but i'm not really too ok with the braids coming out of the bottom of wig. Technically they should be coming out of the bun (unless i looked at wrong images for this lol)
The first wig i like as well but the bun seems a little too high and too perfect looking.
Maybe i'm just fretting over small details -_- I liked the second wig originally but any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.
As a side note: I really can't use my own hair since it's not long enough to make a bun like that, plus all the other stuff i'd have to buy @@, it's just easier for me to get a wig. Sorry if this seems like a dumb post..not entirely sure what i should choose.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Using PS3!

I'm torn; I don't like either one BUT IMO the 27 dollar one looks better, if that's not a stock photo. The problem is that sometimes ebay sellers use google images than actual photos of their product. Did you try cosplay.com or cosmonde on ebay? The latter I buy wigs from personally.

Or did you think about buying a wig/wreaths/extentions from Arda wigs and getting a stylist or your mom to do the wig like LuLu? It might cost the same ^_^
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Using PS3!

I'm torn; I don't like either one BUT IMO the 27 dollar one looks better, if that's not a stock photo. The problem is that sometimes ebay sellers use google images than actual photos of their product. Did you try cosplay.com or cosmonde on ebay? The latter I buy wigs from personally.

Or did you think about buying a wig/wreaths/extentions from Arda wigs and getting a stylist or your mom to do the wig like LuLu? It might cost the same ^_^

That's kinda why i was getting torn too. Even though the bun is set higher i do like how the braids are in back blah...and Yea, i know ebay sellers do that. I actually figured more of that out when i was younger and wanted to cosplay Lulu. I'd send ebay sellers emails asking for actual pics of the costume since 95% of the time it was some google generated image of a pretty nice costume. Turns out all of them were hideous so i figured one day i'd just make the damn thing. I know it sounds silly to be concerned about cost now considering i've bombed quite a bit with the whole costume itself. I just want something i can wear for a couple conventions maybe and then work on getting a nicer one down the road. I hope this makes sense.
I looked around on Arda to see how much it would be to put one together and it'd kinda be out of my price range for the time being. I love arda wigs so i might even do that for my future wig ^^. I'll make my own instead of buying a completed one or something. I'm not super great with wig making but from what i saw on arda i could probably put one together w/o issues.
I'll check cosmonde o.o i've never heard of them, thanks :)
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#4 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=358
Is the other one i found. I think that'd be tops what i'd spend for right now :/

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostWingypoo, on 22 July 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=358
Is the other one i found. I think that'd be tops what i'd spend for right now :/

Well that looks a lot better, but I can't remember if Cosplay fu was part of Milanoo or not. I don't think so but still do the background research just in case.

Yes cosplay is serious business<3 Also I hope you have fun with the cosplay! Will you have a Cacatur doll as well or something along those lines?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 23 July 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Well that looks a lot better, but I can't remember if Cosplay fu was part of Milanoo or not. I don't think so but still do the background research just in case.

Yes cosplay is serious business<3 Also I hope you have fun with the cosplay! Will you have a Cacatur doll as well or something along those lines?

Sort of ...
Posted Image
>.> I might be picking up a cactaur at some point. I'll see how finances go. Yevon needs some touch ups but i made him completely from scratch with a drafted pattern. First time i've touched anything plushie based since HS -_- lol

#7 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I'm torn; I don't like either one BUT IMO the 27 dollar one looks better, if that's not a stock photo.

The photo is from one of Chouzuki Maryou's sets (NWS, for the record.). The photos are stolen. The first one is one you can try at your own risk. Cosplayfu is still ok.

#8 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 24 July 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

The photo is from one of Chouzuki Maryou's sets (NWS, for the record.). The photos are stolen. The first one is one you can try at your own risk. Cosplayfu is still ok.

Yea i caught that but they have a wig photo when you scroll down and it does look different than the wig they're showing. I know they do that, too. It's done on alot of the Lulu wig photos (heck..alot of wigs in general)and i even tried asking sellers for stock photos. So far none of them can give me an actual photo. It's funny how i can get stock photos of costumes but not wigs XD Ah well, i guess not matter which choice i go with i'm risking something. I read up on Cosplayfu and a little bit and someone had the hooks inside of their wigs snap ,of which, idk if its really important to me. I usually dont even need those hooks since i sew in wig clips. I guess i'm just worried about the quality. :l Bah. I'm sure i'll sort something out. I've got some time and who knows, maybe i'll get lucky and i can find something on etsy or even ebay
Thanks for the tip though ^^

#9 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

You might even be able to try your luck in local urban wig/beauty supply stores. Down here in northwest Indiana, we have shops like this: https://www.facebook...lasbeautysupply & http://www.mmbeautysupply.com/ They sell darker colors thanks to the local clientele.. so you could probably piece your own together this way for fairly cheap.

#10 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 25 July 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

You might even be able to try your luck in local urban wig/beauty supply stores. Down here in northwest Indiana, we have shops like this: https://www.facebook...lasbeautysupply & http://www.mmbeautysupply.com/ They sell darker colors thanks to the local clientele.. so you could probably piece your own together this way for fairly cheap.

Yea ;/ honestly we dont really have something along those lines around here...i'm also afraid i'll spend too much trying to make my own wig vs buying one atm. I'm sorry if i sound like i'm being difficult. I'll work something out though i appreciate the help and suggestions :)

#11 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Nah, you're not being difficult, you're being smart with your money. Cosplay is a money sink, after all.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users