• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Itasha meet-up/display? Celebrating sweet 16

#1 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62570

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had considered doing an Itasha meet-up, or even cooler, a display somewhere on the convention floor (they have had cars in there before, I know it can be done). It just seemed like it being ACen's 16th birthday, it is old enough to get cars now :D I do have one I would gladly bring in from California, and I know I saw a few in the parking lot at last ACen, and it seemed like an appropriate time to bring this section of the anime fandom into the limelight! I don't really have a specific idea of how it would work, but i'd like to see how the Midwestern Itasha scene is doing, as it is alive and well out here on the west coast :)
that RX-7 with Moka Akashiya?, it's mine, no, it's not for sale

#2 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

As the person who first brought the Japanese car scene to ACen I of course love the idea. Also as the owner of the HOTD supra I really like this idea, but honestly I doubt it will ever happen, the ACen crowd just isnt very interested in the Japanese car scene and its long standing relation to anime and manga. It might attract a small and I mean small amount of people, but not enough to constitute taking space in the dealers hall. I would be more then willing to push this again, but I don't think I have enough support in the community to pull it off considering the Itasha scene here consists of me and 2 other people.

I would say there are less then 10 people in the US active in the Itasha scene. Team love hate in cali, my group here in Chicago and 2 guys in Florida. That's it I haven't come across any others. I'd love to see this happen but its just a pipe dream right now.
Allen Castillo

#3 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on 20 July 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

As the person who first brought the Japanese car scene to ACen I of course love the idea. Also as the owner of the HOTD supra I really like this idea, but honestly I doubt it will ever happen, the ACen crowd just isnt very interested in the Japanese car scene and its long standing relation to anime and manga. It might attract a small and I mean small amount of people, but not enough to constitute taking space in the dealers hall. I would be more then willing to push this again, but I don't think I have enough support in the community to pull it off considering the Itasha scene here consists of me and 2 other people.

I would say there are less then 10 people in the US active in the Itasha scene. Team love hate in cali, my group here in Chicago and 2 guys in Florida. That's it I haven't come across any others. I'd love to see this happen but its just a pipe dream right now.

uhm... team love/hate has more than 10 cars by themselves, and i can talk to them (i am soon to be a TLH FNG) i'm sure we can bring some more, and there are at least 2 in the parking garage last time, and 3-5 cars is enough to be a decent display, and maybe if we can't display in dealers hall, just a sanctioned meet-up? that would be cool too

also, there is club rave out here, with a few, and TLH has affiliations with a midwest group, although i cannot remember the name of that group

plus it just matches the theme too well to pass up!

#4 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

correction: has had more than 10, i have no idea how many now, it is over 4, haha

#5 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

well as far as i know Team Love Hate has 3 cars that are for sure that are Itasha. As for there other members i've never seen any of those cars. like i said this car show/meet idea is a nice thought, but no one at ACen is interested in it. i've done it for 3 years prior and it was a constant up hill battle to get things done. plus your average ACen fan doesn't get the whole car thing and even with itasha thrown in i doubt any of them will care.
Allen Castillo

#6 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Well, even if we can't display on the floor, you said you have one, do you know some others? I'm always up for meeting more people with these amazing cars :) maybe just do a meet-up@ one of the docks or something? IDK, it was just a thought...

#7 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

i only know 2 other guys and they are not much into goin to cons. they usually only go to car meets and shows and they are not that hardcore into the itasha scene really not like i am. if you wanna get a meet goin by one of the docks i could possibly get something goin for next year for a short period of time. possibly on the saturday for a quick photo shoot. i highly doubt they will allow cars in the dealers room ever again.
Allen Castillo

#8 User is offline   James 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62574

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

If only I have a job that pays highly and own a ZDX.... so sad :(

not to mention I have scratched my MDX.... I really don't think it is worthy to display...

and I don't have the money nor the knowledge on how to make my car look like that (heck, I don't even know how to apply those stickers...)

#9 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

a meet by the docks would be ok, I know a good number of people personally who would enjoy checking it out, (mostly because they're people that I drag with me, lol) but when you say next year is that like ACen #17?

#10 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

If set it up ill bring my car by.
Allen Castillo

#11 User is offline   ThatOneGuy 

• Pip

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Ok, how would this get set up? I know it would have to coincide with cosplay photo shoots, especially if we used the docks, I'm not super picky about the time, but if we are doing it like a gathering, I would like it to be listed with the other gatherings, even if it's not a huge draw, I'm sure some people would love to check them out, and open it up to anyone with ita-anything, haha, cause there are people with motorcycles, bikes, a half a million other things that have been "itasha'd", might pick someone up that way

#12 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

just post it up in the gathering section and see if anyone is down. if you want i'll bring my car.
Allen Castillo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users