Anime Central Forums: Musical Guess Suggestions -- the Yoshida Brothers - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Musical Guess Suggestions -- the Yoshida Brothers

#1 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I don't know how doable it is, but the Yoshida Brothers would be an amazing music act to have at ACen. Their music is played on a traditional Japanese instrument, the shamisen. Their music is a fusion of the rapid and percussive Tsugaru-jamisen style along with Western and other regional musical influences. In addition to performing songs that are only on the shamisen, they also use modern instruments such as drums and synthesizers. If you wish to see more of them, they have quite a few videos on YouTube. They've also got a international fan base and have CDs.
2014 ---
Sandshrew - Pokemon
Mink - DMMD
Reborn - KHR

#2 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

This would actually be incredible! I freaking love these guys. Shamisen, as I witnessed in college, is a hard thing to master, and to take it and make it contemporary without sounding cliche or exploitative requires great talent and skill. It would honestly be an immense honour to have them. ; w;

Anyone looking to give them a listen:
Their official Youtube Channel has a lot of their stuff up to get a sense of sound and style. Alternately, you can listen to their official playlist here.

They're also on iTunes if you want quick previews of albums and/or are on the go.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users