• This topic is locked

ZUN-Father of Touhou BEER! MORE BEER!

#1 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Since this suggestion get quite some response in the other topic, I will propose it here as well.

Don't think I need to explain who he is, if even the phrase Touhou doesn't ring a bell to you, then it is a good time for extra anime study :3
Anyway, it will be awesome we can invite this "miracle of doujin game" to ACen. To clarify some fans' concern, ZUN DID care about his foreign fans, the proof is that he just paid a visit to a Taiwan con several month ago, so it is POSSIBLE for him to come here as well! (Imagine if ACen 2013 the fist US con that he comes as guest!)

Oh, before I forget, we should also discuss here what brand of beer that we as fans should prepare for him if he really comes? Any suggestion?(just kidding)
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Questions:

1) Has Zun ever been to an anime convention in Japan or Taiwan?

2) What connections you need to contact him?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

I have no idea who you'd need to call, but question one was pretty much answered in the main post!
He goes to cons every year in Japan, that's one of his main ways to sell his games, and he went to a taiwan con, as the first post said so

#4 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 05 July 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Questions:

1) Has Zun ever been to an anime convention in Japan or Taiwan?

2) What connections you need to contact him?

1) The previous post already explains ZUN's appearance for Japan cons. As for Taiwan, he showed up at FF19 early this year. To further prove my point:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-xXfSPj0XQ[/media]

2) Unfortunately I can't answer this question yet. But as I said in other posts, I am willing to help out on searching possible ways of reaching him if necessary. However, for what I know, Zun is not that mysterious comparing to many doujin game creators, so it shouldn't be that difficult:3
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#5 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Get in contact with people who work Reitaisai.

They should know the people that need to be contacted to get to him.

We're working on it on our end too as the Touhou fan group community trying to form an American Reitaisai.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostSargentJY, on 06 July 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

1) The previous post already explains ZUN's appearance for Japan cons. As for Taiwan, he showed up at FF19 early this year. To further prove my point:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-xXfSPj0XQ[/media]

2) Unfortunately I can't answer this question yet. But as I said in other posts, I am willing to help out on searching possible ways of reaching him if necessary. However, for what I know, Zun is not that mysterious comparing to many doujin game creators, so it shouldn't be that difficult:3

EDIT: I meant; "Has Zun ever been to an anime con OUTSIDE of those two countries?" x.x; Not usa but any other country?

But I do think this is a good idea.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 July 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

EDIT: I meant; "Has Zun ever been to an anime con OUTSIDE of those two countries?" x.x; Not usa but any other country?

But I do think this is a good idea.

To my knowledge, these are the only two places he has shown up for cons, this year is actually the first year he came to Taiwanese con.
But again, I take that as a sign he is willing to interact with oversea fans and we really should give it a shot instead of passively assuming he won't come and do nothing.

#8 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hey all, just wanted to resurrect this thread. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone here has a lead to Zun. If not, I think I can pursue one or two different avenues, but wanted to see if anyone had a more direct connection. Maybe we can plan a Goose Island Brewery tour for him if he comes...
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#9 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 14 November 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hey all, just wanted to resurrect this thread. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone here has a lead to Zun. If not, I think I can pursue one or two different avenues, but wanted to see if anyone had a more direct connection. Maybe we can plan a Goose Island Brewery tour for him if he comes...

IF A.W.A (Anime Weekend Atlanta) somehow managed to get ZUN here in the U.S. then I think you could try talking to the people at AWA and get with their connections to somehow get to him. Me and my friends would LOVE to see him at ACen!!! That's pretty much all I can suggest...
Anime Central 2015 Cosplay:
  • Sinon - Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Online avatar)
  • Rikka - Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! (School Uniform)

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.
PMing me is probably the faster way of receiving a response.

#10 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Man, getting him booked for ACen at this point would be stellar, though it'd make AWA have to back track on claiming "First ZUN visit to America" as their article headline.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#11 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 07 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Man, getting him booked for ACen at this point would be stellar, though it'd make AWA have to back track on claiming "First ZUN visit to America" as their article headline.

That would be a dick-ish move on our part to do that. The good news, though, is that the rails should be greased, so to speak, to get him in the future. Hopefully I'll have an ACen rep at AWA to talk him up for next year.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#12 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I would die. ZUN is a once in a life chance meet and greet. I have so many things for him to sign it would take me days just to pick out a few.
And can we all take a moment to applaud Mr El Ken? He has done some awesome people booking this year.
Seriously dude, good job!
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#13 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 07 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

I totally forgot AWA is way after ACen XD

That would be pretty dickish to do that... DANG! At least having him at AWA makes for an easier time to attempt to book him next ACen.

Anime Central 2015 Cosplay:
  • Sinon - Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Online avatar)
  • Rikka - Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! (School Uniform)

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.
PMing me is probably the faster way of receiving a response.

#14 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

-Applauds El Ken- B)
ACen 16"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked