• This topic is locked

Takeshi Obata manga artist

#1 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Much as I love VAs and musical guests, I'd love to see more mangakas. So why not an artist that's well known and whose latest ongoing series ended recently?

Takeshi Obata is probably best known in the states as the artist of Death Note, having also worked as the artist on series like Hikaru no Go and Bakuman as well. His style is easy to recognize because of the amount of detail he puts into his work, as well as his distinctive character designs.

As Bakuman ended in April, this may be the best time to try and get him as a guest. Of course, getting Tsugumi Ohba (Death Note and Bakuman writer) to come as well would be only make this more awesome. ^_~
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#2 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostGwydion, on 04 July 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Much as I love VAs and musical guests, I'd love to see more mangakas. So why not an artist that's well known and whose latest ongoing series ended recently?

Takeshi Obata is probably best known in the states as the artist of Death Note, having also worked as the artist on series like Hikaru no Go and Bakuman as well. His style is easy to recognize because of the amount of detail he puts into his work, as well as his distinctive character designs.

As Bakuman ended in April, this may be the best time to try and get him as a guest. Of course, getting Tsugumi Ohba (Death Note and Bakuman writer) to come as well would be only make this more awesome. ^_~

Tsugumi Ohba might be kinda hard, since his true identity always remains a secret(There are speculations, but JUMP never acknowledges or certify it)Takeshi Obata would be more plausible, and considering his experience as a mangaka, totally legit as well.
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#3 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostSargentJY, on 04 July 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Tsugumi Ohba might be kinda hard, since his true identity always remains a secret(There are speculations, but JUMP never acknowledges or certify it)Takeshi Obata would be more plausible, and considering his experience as a mangaka, totally legit as well.

Agreed about Ohba - left him out of the topic header for these reasons, but it felt weird to suggest Obata without at least mentioning him (and hey, it would be nice, no matter how unlikely). Won't lie, though - I'd be much more excited about Obata, personally.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users