Anime Central Forums: Some of my suggestions would include... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some of my suggestions would include...

#1 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hello, I'm hoping for next year that ACen can get some new voice-acting people from Japan.

I have to point out with so many of the tokusatsu shows having anniversaries currently, could we get any actors who were in the shows? Some are even now voicing anime shows, so that could be a draw as well. But Ultraman, with the 50th Anniversary coming up in a few years(and it's been 40 years since Return of Ultraman - Jiro Dan would be very cool), Kamen Rider is on the 40th Rider as well as 45 yrs going, and Super Sentai is on the 36th series, with Power Rangers celebrating their 20th yrs of being on US tv.

But I think, as much as we've had the US PR actors at an ACen before, I'd like to meet the people who did the series first.
Perhaps some of the recent Kamen Riders like:

- Suda Masaki and Kiriyama Renn(Kamen Rider Double/W),

- Hidenori Tokuyama (Go-Onger, Kamen Rider Kabuto, plus he has his band Eroica),

- Watanabe Shu and Miura Ryosuke (main actors of Kamen Rider OOO)

- Takeru Satou (actor of KR Den-O, plus he was in ROOKIES, Bloody Monday, and the new Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie)

and Sentai actors, like the Gokaigers, Shinkengers(Aiba Hiroki- ShinkenBlue plus he is a famous Teni-myu star, Keisuke Souma, even Mitsuru Karahashi who tends to be in a lot of tokusatsu from Sentai to Kamen Rider to even Ultraman)

I'd also like to suggest Horikawa Ryo, who was recently at Anime Expo. He was Vegeta, Hattori Heiji in Detective Conan, and famous for being in other shows(plus he was Akumaro in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger). A very added plus is that he speaks English very well, in fact fluently from what I understand so he most likely wouldn't need translating assistance.

Sorry if the list is pretty long, but I'd like to see if ACen can pull some pretty good Japanese live-action stars(esp if they do stints as voice-actors)... ^_^
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#2 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

View Posttouma_karamochi, on 02 July 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hello, I'm hoping for next year that ACen can get some new voice-acting people from Japan.

I have to point out with so many of the tokusatsu shows having anniversaries currently, could we get any actors who were in the shows? Some are even now voicing anime shows, so that could be a draw as well. But Ultraman, with the 50th Anniversary coming up in a few years(and it's been 40 years since Return of Ultraman - Jiro Dan would be very cool), Kamen Rider is on the 40th Rider as well as 45 yrs going, and Super Sentai is on the 36th series, with Power Rangers celebrating their 20th yrs of being on US tv.

But I think, as much as we've had the US PR actors at an ACen before, I'd like to meet the people who did the series first.
Perhaps some of the recent Kamen Riders like:

- Suda Masaki and Kiriyama Renn(Kamen Rider Double/W),

- Hidenori Tokuyama (Go-Onger, Kamen Rider Kabuto, plus he has his band Eroica),

- Watanabe Shu and Miura Ryosuke (main actors of Kamen Rider OOO)

- Takeru Satou (actor of KR Den-O, plus he was in ROOKIES, Bloody Monday, and the new Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie)

and Sentai actors, like the Gokaigers, Shinkengers(Aiba Hiroki- ShinkenBlue plus he is a famous Teni-myu star, Keisuke Souma, even Mitsuru Karahashi who tends to be in a lot of tokusatsu from Sentai to Kamen Rider to even Ultraman)

I'd also like to suggest Horikawa Ryo, who was recently at Anime Expo. He was Vegeta, Hattori Heiji in Detective Conan, and famous for being in other shows(plus he was Akumaro in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger). A very added plus is that he speaks English very well, in fact fluently from what I understand so he most likely wouldn't need translating assistance.

Sorry if the list is pretty long, but I'd like to see if ACen can pull some pretty good Japanese live-action stars(esp if they do stints as voice-actors)... ^_^

It would be cool to have kaimen rider or zentai actors here, except one thing: I am disappointed in you not mentioning Sota Fukushi, the actor for Kaimen Rider Fourze, or the actors for Akibaranger...
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#3 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well, I was considering suggesting him, but I didn't know if any of them may be involved in filming movies or other shows or whatnot... They'd be cool too :D
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#4 User is offline   OtakuGangsta 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62637

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

I agree it would be cool to bring in some seiyus as guest because most of the fans I know watch more anime right from japan than america dubs. You gotta show them some love too & if they happen to have done some tokusatsu too that's even better. You'll get more of a variety too & variety = more guest & more guest = $$$!! :drool:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users