• This topic is locked

Himeka

#1 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

An Canadian Anisong singer(Thus no need for translator). Yes, a white singer who sang anime songs on the Japanese stage. She won the anisong contest held by Animax in Japan against all other 3185, mostly local, competitors and thus being able to become an anisong singer as she dreamed of. She has since then sang the OP for Valkyria Chronicles, ED for Letter Bee, ED for Night Raide 1931, covered many anisong classics as well(She has practiced over hundreds of Anisong at karaoke in Japan before she participated in the contest). You can say she is a manifestation of dreams that many of us anime fans have, and I am sure many would LOVE to hear her story about how she pursue and accomplish her dream. Of course, I am certain her performance as music guest would be amazing as well.(In fact, I notice ACen has invited rock bands for three consecutive years, I understand Rock band is a ideal choice for making the audience hyped, but I feel a change of tone would be nice for next year. After all, rock is not the only way to hype anime fans)

For those who is not familiar with Himeka, u really should check this video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmiNBI_oaOs&feature=related[/media]
I don't know about u guys, but I am quite moved myself after watching this.
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users