• This topic is locked

And so we begin again...

#1 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

The Guest Relations forums have been cleaned out as we dig in for another year of ACen planning.

I'll be looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback and suggestions the coming year!

よろしく!
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

umm the forum won't let me post
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#3 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Thanks. It always seems satisfying to have nice clean slate.

#4 User is offline   ParkourOni16 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58488

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

STEVE BLUM PLEASE!!!!

#5 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Any of the following <3

-Anzai Nobuyuki (mangaka)
-Kajiuri Yuki (composer)
-& either FictionJunction or Kalafina
-B'z (two man band)
-Saiga Mitsuki (seiyuu)
-Takayama Minami (seiyuu & singer of Two-Mix)

man...I'll stop there cause otherwise my list will be endless, haha. But I loves me all the Japanese guests <3
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#6 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Kalafina for Musical guest!

Kalafina

Kalafina

Kalafina
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#7 User is offline   Azzy Kurita 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7579
  • Location:Green Bay, WI and currently recruiting folks for my Fantasy Football leagues.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

1.) Daniel Southworth. He does Vergil's voice in Devil May Cry 3, is the star of the upcoming sci-fi thriller Divergence and he was the Quantam Ranger in Power Rangers: Time Force

2.) Jason David Frank. Need I say more? :P

3.) The Slants. By and far the most epicAsian musical act we have here in the states. Went to their performance way back at No Brand Con 2007 and have been a fan of theirs since.

4.) Mega Ran. Perfect blend of hip=hop and video game music.

How feasible would it be to get the Video Games Live group to perform?
"In American football, even when the opponent scores 99 points, we'll win if we score 100 points. The most important thing in American football is offense."
-- Hiruma, Eyeshield 21

I am very much single and looking. ;P

Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate

Come to KitsuneKon!

#8 User is offline   lainee 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61683

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Please bring back Angelic Pretty!!

#9 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Crispin Freeman

Steve Blum

Hayao Miyazaki

Nobuhiro Watsuki

Ai Yazawa

Hideyuki Kikuchi

Yoshitaka Amano ♥

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#10 User is offline   Dbzbabe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11451

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

FUNimation voice actors that haven't been to ACen never or in years : Sonny Strait, Chuck Huber, John Burgmeier, Cherami Leigh, Justin Cook, Cynthia Cranz

#11 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostDbzbabe, on 29 June 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

FUNimation voice actors that haven't been to ACen never or in years : Sonny Strait, Chuck Huber, John Burgmeier, Cherami Leigh, Justin Cook, Cynthia Cranz

But at least we still got tons of American voice actors...I would argue we might need to switch some attention to Japanese voice actors or industry figures as well!
These are some of the proposals I have for guests, I try to be realistic about my choices so I would include some non-front line but still siginificant Japanese guests that would make ACen awesome:

1)Yu Asakawa: Voice Actress/seiyu, major role includes Rider for Fate Stay Night(and all its spin-off),Mokoto of Love Hina, and Tsugumi of Visual Novel Ever17.

2) Himeka: An Canadian Anisong singer. who have donethe OP for Valkyria Chronicles, ED for Letter Bee, ED for Night Raide 1931, as well as covered many anisong classics as well. Would be a great music guest for all the American fans who love anisongs!

3) Shikura Chiyomaru: Executive Director of one of the leading company of anime industry, 5pb. If this doesn't ring a bell for you, he is the one behind Steings;Gate, Chaos;Head, Memories Off series, and Ever17(PS versions), as well as the manager and song writers for Imai Asami(Kuritsu from S;G), Ito Kanako(Singer for S:G, Saya no Uta, School Days, Higurashi), Ayane(singer of Memories off series and 11eyes)

4) Takashi Takeuchi: Co-founder of game company, Type Moon and the main artists for most of its major works(thus the character designer for Saber and Arc etc)The man behind the sucess of Nasu verse.

5) Zun: Do I need to explain? I don't know if this is possible, but we can always prepare beers to welcome him.

6) angela: Anisong band that have covers songs for Fafner series, Seitokai Yakuin Domo, Shikabane Hime, Asura Cryin, Martian Successor Nadesico, Heroic Age etc. Have participated in US cons in the past as well, and from those footage u will know how awesome they are to make their audience excited with anime love.

7) Kikuko Inoue: Japanese seiyu/voice actress. Her famous roles include Belldandy of Oh My Goddess, The Boss of Metal Gear Solid 3, Rune Venus from El Hazard, Tsubasa from Captain Tsubasa, Lust from FMA Brotherhood, Grace in Macross Frontier etc etc etc.(You should see the wide range of her performance)
She has been to AX several years ago. Oh, and she is 17 years old forever, please keep that in mind.
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#12 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Any of the Japanese seiyuu for Puella Magi Madoka Magica, please.

Also:

-Gen Urobuchi oh my god please I would do anything to meet him. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G
-While we're at it, Type Moon. Or even just Nasu or Takeuchi if for some reason you couldn't get both.
-Kaori Yuki.
-Any of the Showa 24 group. Especially Keiko Takemiys or Hagio Moto, but some of the less known ones would also be phenomenal.
-Breaking the theme of Japanese guests, Helen McCarthy. I am going to ask for her every year until it happens or until I don't go to ACen anymore.
-For musical guests, I second Kalafina
-But I also suggest Crystal Kay. So much want right there.
-Seconding ZUN
-Yoshitoshi aBe. I know you got him before, but it was ages ago, so surely his return would be welcome. Besides, that was before I was ever able to attend ACen and I forever lament that.
-On the seiyuu theme to make a complete circle, any of the Japanese K-ON! cast
-Or Fate/Zero
-Or Panty and Stocking

I apologize for how non-specific a lot of this is, I'm in a bit of a rush. I can go dig up actual names later if needed.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#13 User is offline   Sidney Vons 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62242

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

REUBEN LANGDON -Voice of Dante from Devil May Cry 3 & 4. Voice of Chris Redfield in RE5 and Code Veronica. Street Fighter Ken Masters, Dead Rising, and Marvel Vs. Capcom. As well as Sengoku Basara. And obviously is THE voice of Dante from the DMC Animated Series.
Did stuntwork for Power Rangers, Scott Pilgrim, Spider-Man, Shadow Fury, and Avatar. And much more.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DREAM FOR YOUR DMC FANS THAT GET TOGETHER EVERY YEAR. Thank you. :)

-Sid.

#14 User is offline   Winry429 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59693

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would absolutely love to see Travis Willingham and Vic Mignogna return next year! This past ACen was my 18th birthday weekend and they really made it the best birthday that I've ever had by being so sweet and just their usual selves. Hands down, these two being at ACen was incredible.
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain something without sacrificing something. But by enduring pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart, a fullmetal heart."

#15 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostOhki, on 29 June 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Any of the Japanese seiyuu for Puella Magi Madoka Magica, please.

Also:

-Gen Urobuchi oh my god please I would do anything to meet him. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G
-While we're at it, Type Moon. Or even just Nasu or Takeuchi if for some reason you couldn't get both.
-Kaori Yuki.
-Any of the Showa 24 group. Especially Keiko Takemiys or Hagio Moto, but some of the less known ones would also be phenomenal.
-Breaking the theme of Japanese guests, Helen McCarthy. I am going to ask for her every year until it happens or until I don't go to ACen anymore.
-For musical guests, I second Kalafina
-But I also suggest Crystal Kay. So much want right there.
-Seconding ZUN
-Yoshitoshi aBe. I know you got him before, but it was ages ago, so surely his return would be welcome. Besides, that was before I was ever able to attend ACen and I forever lament that.
-On the seiyuu theme to make a complete circle, any of the Japanese K-ON! cast
-Or Fate/Zero
-Or Panty and Stocking

I apologize for how non-specific a lot of this is, I'm in a bit of a rush. I can go dig up actual names later if needed.

-I would love to meet Nasu, except he is super mysterious person/mushroom that u can't even find a proper photo of him online. That's why I list Takeuchi only. Besides, anyone owning a 1:1 Neko Arc figure is just awesome...if u know what I mean.
-Kalafina would be mind blowing as guest, so of course I second, but again, need to be realistic TAT
-For Fate Zero cast, I would recommend Nakata Jōji(Kotomine) or Ōhara Sayaka(Iri) as guest.
-Having Hikase Yuko or Toyosaki Aki from K-ON would be mind blowing...but heh, sounds like a great idea if we have a guest panel featuring K-ON voice actress from both US and Japan!

Reference Note:
Nakata Joji is also known for Alucard for Helling, Amshel of Blood+, Giroro of Keroro Gunsou, and The Count in Gankutsuo.
Ōhara Sayaka is known for Yuko of xxxHolic, Alicia from ARIA, Beatrice(or BEATO-RICHE)for Umineko, Elsa from Fairy tail, Valmet from Jormungand etc.
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#16 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostSargentJY, on 29 June 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

-I would love to meet Nasu, except he is super mysterious person/mushroom that u can't even find a proper photo of him online. That's why I list Takeuchi only. Besides, anyone owning a 1:1 Neko Arc figure is just awesome...if u know what I mean.
-Kalafina would be mind blowing as guest, so of course I second, but again, need to be realistic TAT
-For Fate Zero cast, I would recommend Nakata Jōji(Kotomine) or Ōhara Sayaka(Iri) as guest.
-Having Hikase Yuko or Toyosaki Aki from K-ON would be mind blowing...but heh, sounds like a great idea if we have a guest panel featuring K-ON voice actress from both US and Japan!

Reference Note:
Nakata Joji is also known for Alucard for Helling, Amshel of Blood+, Giroro of Keroro Gunsou, and The Count in Gankutsuo.
Ōhara Sayaka is known for Yuko of xxxHolic, Alicia from ARIA, Beatrice(or BEATO-RICHE)for Umineko, Elsa from Fairy tail, Valmet from Jormungand etc.

Katsura Hoshino, the mangaka for D. Gray-Man, always concealed not only her face but even her gender for the longest time, but actually went to a con in Germany, which is how her gender was confirmed. If she was willing to go out and be seen, that makes it not impossible for other mysterious talents like Nasu to possibly agree to come to a con. It may not be easy or even likely, but it isn't impossible, so it's worth a shot to ask!

...That reminds me, also requesting Katsura Hoshino. How did I forget her? She's one of my guests that I request every year.

Also yes, I would love to see a panel with US and Japanese cases of shows like K-ON!, Madoka, etc. I make it a habit to not request Western guests with the exception of Helen McCarthy since I don't want to dilute my "I want more Japanese guests please!" message, but that was kind of what I was going for.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#17 User is offline   PrinceAsh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 25123

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Probably unlikely, but CLAMP! *___*
Yay, ACen!

#18 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

I don't think ZUN would ever go to a con outside of Japan, but oh man that'd be boss
Id also really really really like REDALiCE to return. I realy like his tunes and I missed him last time he was here!
Any of the fate s/n cast would be cool.
Really digging the current suggestions here too. Nothing I wouldn't go see.
EDIT: I've got a potentially hard but definitely popular idea I almost forgot to say here: Andrew Hussie.
Homestuck was so massive that a hotel floor of people could not attend the panel. The photoshoot crowd was undeniably massive, and the pile won't stop getting bigger.

This post has been edited by AlphaKnight: 29 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

#19 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 29 June 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I don't think ZUN would ever go to a con outside of Japan, but oh man that'd be boss
Id also really really really like REDALiCE to return. I realy like his tunes and I missed him last time he was here!
Any of the fate s/n cast would be cool.
Really digging the current suggestions here too. Nothing I wouldn't go see.
EDIT: I've got a potentially hard but definitely popular idea I almost forgot to say here: Andrew Hussie.
Homestuck was so massive that a hotel floor of people could not attend the panel. The photoshoot crowd was undeniably massive, and the pile won't stop getting bigger.

That's incorrect, Zun just went to a con in Taiwan this Feburary(FF19, to be percise, whether he comes for Taiwan beer or not, I am not certain), therefore it is possible for him to go out of Japan.
But allow me to emphasize again, we realy need some AWESOME JAPANESE GUESTS!

This post has been edited by SargentJY: 30 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

#20 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostOhki, on 29 June 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Katsura Hoshino, the mangaka for D. Gray-Man, always concealed not only her face but even her gender for the longest time, but actually went to a con in Germany, which is how her gender was confirmed. If she was willing to go out and be seen, that makes it not impossible for other mysterious talents like Nasu to possibly agree to come to a con. It may not be easy or even likely, but it isn't impossible, so it's worth a shot to ask!

...That reminds me, also requesting Katsura Hoshino. How did I forget her? She's one of my guests that I request every year.

Also yes, I would love to see a panel with US and Japanese cases of shows like K-ON!, Madoka, etc. I make it a habit to not request Western guests with the exception of Helen McCarthy since I don't want to dilute my "I want more Japanese guests please!" message, but that was kind of what I was going for.

She would be a great guest, though I am slightly concerned about her health condition for traveling abroad. D Gray Man has been on hold several times due to her health condition.

#21 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostSargentJY, on 30 June 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

That's incorrect, Zun just went to a con in Taiwan this Feburary(FF19, to be percise, whether he comes for Taiwan beer or not, I am not certain), therefore it is possible for him to go out of Japan.
But allow me to emphasize again, we realy need some AWESOME JAPANESE GUESTS!

Oo oo nice then maybe he will. I remember hearing he wasn't as fond of foreign fans as much as he is for his Japanese ones, but it's a possibility.
More Japanese guests indeed!

#22 User is offline   yang 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5249

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Lindsey Stirling :]

in an elf suit... or more ;)

This post has been edited by yang: 30 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

#23 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Do.As.Infinity. That would be mindblowingly amazing! I've never seen them inperson before.
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' ACen 2015 and Otakon 2015!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#24 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Kouta Hirano: Mangaka-Hellsing
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#25 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostVoxx, on 01 July 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Kouta Hirano: Mangaka-Hellsing

If ACen can get him, then maybe we can also have his friends, Rei Hiroe(Author of Black Lagoon) and Daisuke Satō (Author of Highschool of the Dead) as well.

#26 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Takahiro Sakurai - voice actor
Anna Tsuchiya - singer (probably a long shot, but would be awesome)

:)
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#27 User is offline   xxBCfreakxx 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62521

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

SuG

Alice Nine

or

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

Any of them would be amazing to have as a musical guest!
<3 <3

:thumbup:

#28 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Okay, I'm just going to put this out there, but this isn't the place for the suggestions. Please visit the Guest Relations Suggestions subforum to make guest suggestions. This subforum is for other guest-related topics.

Thanks!
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#29 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 03 July 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Okay, I'm just going to put this out there, but this isn't the place for the suggestions. Please visit the Guest Relations Suggestions subforum to make guest suggestions. This subforum is for other guest-related topics.

Thanks!

Hmm...didn't know that till now, sorry about it(I have posted here several times regarding guest suggestion)
Anyway, since it is about other topics, I would like to ask if it is possible for me(or anyone here interested) to join the guest relation team for next ACen(as volunteer of course, in the name of anime love). I am really interested in helping out getting ACen awesome international guests and can even help out contacting potential guests if necessary.(Theoretically I can start now, but I feel authorization from ACen and more details about guest invitation policy and budget would make my attempt more persuasive. Let me know if there is anything I should do to apply or join.

#30 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostSargentJY, on 03 July 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hmm...didn't know that till now, sorry about it(I have posted here several times regarding guest suggestion)
Anyway, since it is about other topics, I would like to ask if it is possible for me(or anyone here interested) to join the guest relation team for next ACen(as volunteer of course, in the name of anime love). I am really interested in helping out getting ACen awesome international guests and can even help out contacting potential guests if necessary.(Theoretically I can start now, but I feel authorization from ACen and more details about guest invitation policy and budget would make my attempt more persuasive. Let me know if there is anything I should do to apply or join.

I'm sure there will be openings in the Guest Relations section, but I do not believe I will have any openings specifically dealing with contacting and contracting guests of honor. And by the way, every ACen staffer is a volunteer. None of us are paid for our work.

That being said, I have already seen you make some very good suggestions and bring up valid points that need to be considered. If you would like to continue talking staffing options, please PM me.

Thanks!
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users