• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pixel Bead Art Places

#1 User is offline   iammako3 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4983

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm looking to make fun centerpieces for my upcoming wedding, and I wanted to involve those awesome 8-bit/16-bit bead characters tons of people sell in the Artist's Alley. However, I wasn't in the market for them during ACen, so I didn't pick up any cards or names of the people who do it. Any suggestions for websites I can find them or friends you know who commission them? All help is appreciated! :)

#2 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postiammako3, on 25 June 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm looking to make fun centerpieces for my upcoming wedding, and I wanted to involve those awesome 8-bit/16-bit bead characters tons of people sell in the Artist's Alley. However, I wasn't in the market for them during ACen, so I didn't pick up any cards or names of the people who do it. Any suggestions for websites I can find them or friends you know who commission them? All help is appreciated! :)

here http://www.etsy.com/...max=0&ref=auto2
but I'll be honest with you
they aren't that hard to make.
Get a Perler bead kit online or at a craft store. there are also 1000s of free patterns online.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#3 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Just look online for the sprite you want to do and then each pixel is a bead. That simple.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#4 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

If you do happen to want to make your own, JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts, and i'm sure other craft stores, sell the Perler Beads. We also sell square-shaped boards that hook together to allow for bigger pieces.

I'm sure if you look around the internet, you can find a program/already made up graphs that show a picture - in graph form - so you can break it down into pixels. I believe there are sellers online that offer packages of the smaller sized ones/more colors, but at least craft stores are a good place to start to make your own. Other than that, go to etsy, ebay, or straight up Google and type in "perler bead pixel art" and I"m sure you'll find plenty there XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users