Anime Central Forums: Avatar the Last Airbender: Aang Cosplay HELP - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avatar the Last Airbender: Aang Cosplay HELP

#1 User is offline   Pau-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26871

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hello and thank you first off for looking at this topic.

My younger brother is wanting to go as Aang from Avatar: the Last Airbender in December to a convention. He is sixteen (and a special needs child) so I am wanting to make his first cosplay experience one he won't forget! So, I was wondering how one would go about making an Aang cosplay outfit. I am looking mostly to make his original/basic outfit:

Posted Image
I mean, I really want to attempt to make it, but if it were to all come down to it, I would end up buying said costume (don't even know the best place to buy it!) but like I said, hating to repeat myself, I'd love to make it.

Please help!

This post has been edited by Pau-chan: 12 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Tentative ACen 2013 Cosplays:

**TBA:Confirmation**

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hello!

When I am looking to make an outfit I look at in parts rather than as one piece and then I try to see it as normal clothes.
And what I see when looking at Aang is that he is wearing:
- a yellow, long sleeve turtle neck
- Yellow, baggy sweatpants
- brown knee socks
- and a red over cape that clasps at his neck.

After having found what he is wearing, I then go to my pattern sites and search until I find "easy" patterns that match what I am looking for. And when I say easy I mean it. Many sewing patterns make "novice" pieces that are easy and don't require a whole lot of sewing know-how.

Here is what I found:
For the Turtle Neck: http://voguepatterns...php?page_id=260
For the Pants: http://mccallpattern...php?page_id=843
For the cape: http://mccallpattern...php?page_id=481

For the socks, they are something that you can buy during the fall. Knee high socks are very much in right now. And then, if you go to your local fabric store and ask them for show soles, you can attach the soles to the bottom of the socks so that you achieve this look without having your little brother walk around the con in just socks.

For everything else, all the bands and things, you can use scrap fabric or matte ribbon(comes in all kinds of thicknesses).

Just a forewarning: Pattern searching takes time. There is a lot to go through and sometimes you may not find something that 100% fits what it is that you are looking for. When that happens, you have to start to think outside of the box. "Can I use this dress pattern, which has the top that I want? Instead of sewing the whole pattern I can just alter it to use the top."

Hope all of this helps.
A-Cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) / Fish Mooney (Gotham TV Series) / Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / Fluttershy (My Little Pony: FIM)

(No Photos)A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users