Anime Central Forums: Anime License Rescues - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime License Rescues Which anime titles that has seen America shores needs a rescue?

#1 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Looking at my backlog of VHS and laserdisc anime (my laserdiscs look horrible on an HDTV), I started thinking about anime license rescues.

Are there some older releases that were once of the domain of non-HD media (yeah, includes DVDs too) that should come back? DVD/Bluray of course.

Personally, I have been patiently waiting for a re-release of the Tenchi Muyo OAVs and Universe. I thought Funimation said it had those licenses but it has been nothing but dead silence on them.

I'd like to also see Urusei Yatsura come back.

#2 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I've been waiting forever for the next Hellsing Ultimate to come out. It should have been out a very very Veeeeeery long time ago. But we've had nothing.

The same thing with Manga. I'm still waiting for the next Pumpkin Scissors manga from Del Ray. I doubt it'll ever happen though.
2014 ---
Sandshrew - Pokemon
Mink - DMMD
Reborn - KHR

#3 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 04 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I've been waiting forever for the next Hellsing Ultimate to come out. It should have been out a very very Veeeeeery long time ago. But we've had nothing.

The same thing with Manga. I'm still waiting for the next Pumpkin Scissors manga from Del Ray. I doubt it'll ever happen though.

Del Ray really doesn't finish what it sets out to. I think they've all but given up on the rest of the zaregoto books after constant extension of the second one.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#4 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

The Tenchi stuff and the rest of the Geneon stuff is on the way soonish. S'more Entertainment has picked up Galaxy Express 999.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

You've got a point about the Del Rey stuff. Do they still put out GN's? (I say this because I haven't kept up with the manga as much lately)

#6 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Del Ray manga was sold to Kodansha by Random House and is now Kodansha Comics USA, when they took over they dropped several series that were under performing.

This post has been edited by jsieczkar: 05 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#7 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Del Ray manga was sold to Kodansha by Random House and is now Kodansha Comics USA, when they took over they dropped several series that were under performing.

Well thats good to hear since Kondansha is the actual japanese company that published Zaregoto and Kara no Kyoukai =_=;
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#8 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sadly, Tenchi is one of the titles caught up in the Geneon mess in Japan. But since Funimation is releasing the first season of Shakugan no Shana on Blu-Ray/DVD combo in August, hints from articles in Otaku USA about Blu-Ray/DVD combos of Haibane Renmei and Serial Experiment Lain being released soon, although none have been solicited yet, and there has been at least been some sort of release date/idea for A Certain Magical Index, there's a chance that Tenchi Muyo will be solicited for a new release soon too. Perhaps when Funimation places up their official list for September?

To me, the only anime rescue I really want is Cardcaptor Sakura. As for manga, I'd really love it if someone picks up Gakuen Alice, Chibisan Date, and Butterfly. Chibisan Date and Butterfly I think would be the easiest to pick up for a rescue, since I believe they are both short and/or complete. Gakuen Alice may be interesting for someone to pick up, considering it's still ongoing.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#9 User is offline   Hantsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62601

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 04 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I agree.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users