Anime Central Forums: E3 the 2012 edition - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 the 2012 edition So let's see what is in store for this years' show.

#1 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

So E3 is here.

So far I've seen some stuff on the Wii U and I like it..but then again, it is that feeling of nice eye candy..then eventually, not a whole lot of substance that irks me.

There is also that Wii U Pro controller..akin to a 360 controller.

This post has been edited by rondo: 04 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

#2 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Posted Image
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

-Lack of anything Advance wars or Wild arms

-No new SO video game

-No report of Soul Hackers coming to the states yet

ಠ_ಠ
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Live E3 stream
http://kotaku.com/59...-here-right-now
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#5 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 04 June 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks for the link I needed something to watch. There is nothing on TV I want to watch now.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Although I missed most of it at work, im watching repeats at home now. The South Park RPG looked pretty good. Almost like I was watching the series XD I look forward to its release next year.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#7 User is offline   retro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17321

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

assasins creed 3. didn't play the last two but the american revelution should be interesting. Far cry 3, gotta have more insanity. and watchdogs looks mindblowing

This post has been edited by retro: 04 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

In life you can laugh or cry I interned to die laughing

#8 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

I love that there is another Splinter Cell in the works. The tag & execute on the run is extremely sweet!!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#9 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Opinions thus far:

Microsoft: Meh, but it didn't tick me off.

EA: Nothin' to show, but whatever; at least I got to hear about new content for TOR

Ubisoft: Better with a lot of stuff to show. AC 3, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs looked interesting. Rayman Legends did look neat and I will be keeping an eye on Zombi U. Ubisoft's CEO has fully admitted to LOVING the Wii U. Also, Aisha Tyler makes everything BETTER.

Sony: Again, meh, nothing of interest.

Guess I'll have to wait for Nintendo to blow my shirt off.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 04 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#10 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

The Last of Us and Watch Dogs are looking pretty good.

Is this new Splinter Cell a prequel or is Fischer getting younger and younger?
No Michael Ironside = no dice. Without the original voice actor, why can't they just introduce us to a new protagonist?
Since the gameplay was so much of a departure from the previous games, Ubisoft might as well make it into an new IP.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 04 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#11 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Last of us! =Awesome
Ac III= awesome!
God of War= ohhhh yeah!
Playstation Allstarts= meh

DMC= ....................................................... >B( still not 100% sold Ninja Theory. keep trying
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#12 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 04 June 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Although I missed most of it at work, im watching repeats at home now. The South Park RPG looked pretty good. Almost like I was watching the series XD I look forward to its release next year.

This is the only thing I enjoyed from E3 so far today.

-Nothing outside of sequels and shooters/sports games makes me a sad desu-

I.Still.Want.Advance.Wars.3DS
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#13 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=U08QNPk0ZNE

Almost missed this today. Star Wars: 1313
It's like Star Wars meets Uncharted.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#14 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 04 June 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Is this new Splinter Cell a prequel or is Fischer getting younger and younger?
No Michael Ironside = no dice. Without the original voice actor, why can't they just introduce us to a new protagonist?
Since the gameplay was so much of a departure from the previous games, Ubisoft might as well make it into an new IP.

Agreed about Ironside. I can't begin to describe my disappointment and sadness that he is no longer the voice. For me, Ironside pretty much made the character. Anyway, I guess the new game is supposed to take place ~3 years after Conviction. Apparently getting older makes him way more of a badass than ever before.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#15 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Blah blah shooter.

Last us us looks epic tho.

Also i think ill buy DMC just cuz the hate for it. People are still complaining about Dante but not even trying to give it a chance. i bet the game would be good. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#16 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 05 June 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Also i think ill buy DMC just cuz the hate for it. People are still complaining about Dante but not even trying to give it a chance. i bet the game would be good. Lol

ABout Devil May Cry. As a fan who's been with the series from the beginning I admit that when the trailer made it's original debut I was like everyone else and disowned it because this "Dante" was just a phoney and not the real Dante we all know and love. But as Ninja theory has revealed more about it and more on the gameplay I'm growing to like it but I'm still not 100% sold. The recent trailer was actually pretty cool and "Dante"'s somewhat sassy attitude towards the guy at the club entrance was kinda funny but I feel as if the dialogue and throwing around cussing to sound cool is just lame as hell. The original games didn't need excessive cussing to add to the badass factor of the games and Dante was witty without it and he was over the top, and a comic but it sounded natural . This "Dante" although he is supposed to be a teenager and this is a hard and gritty new take on the story is a rebellious kid that just hasn't really sold that he is Dante to me. And I fully understand that the game is still under development but I'm not 100% feeling this "Dante" still. The gameplay looks amazing, and fun , the graphics look cool and "Dante" somewhat retained his original flavor in that opening scene at the club entrance , and I will be buying the game (after a significant price drop) but It's still ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to me. And I guess you could say I'm being nitpicky but whateves.

sorry. long post
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

100%
Tidus 97%

#17 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

XenoBlade said:

It's either going to bomb like Duke or sell ok due to fans being fans.

To be honest I would buy it either way.

The problem fans have is that it's deep routed characterization so to go from one character for years to this "new," version turns people off.

It would be similar to the reaction of the Mario brothers anime movie
Spoiler

CAME BACK FOR THE P4 TRAILERS X)

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 05 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#18 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 05 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

It's either going to bomb like Duke or sell ok due to fans being fans.

To be honest I would buy it either way.

The problem fans have is that it's deep routed characterization so to go from one character for years to this "new," version turns people off.

It would be similar to the reaction of the Mario brothers anime movie
Spoiler

CAME BACK FOR THE P4 TRAILERS X)

I agree. It'll either bomb or just be okay. Not GROUNDBREAKING but just okay.
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

100%
Tidus 97%

#19 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostBreBre716, on 05 June 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

I agree. It'll either bomb or just be okay. Not GROUNDBREAKING but just okay.

Not legendary. LEGENDARY would be:

A remake of all the DMC games with a remake of Nocturne in HD/new content.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#20 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

I was hoping to hear about a Vita price drop.

#21 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostBreBre716, on 05 June 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

ABout Devil May Cry. As a fan who's been with the series from the beginning I admit that when the trailer made it's original debut I was like everyone else and disowned it because this "Dante" was just a phoney and not the real Dante we all know and love. But as Ninja theory has revealed more about it and more on the gameplay I'm growing to like it but I'm still not 100% sold. The recent trailer was actually pretty cool and "Dante"'s somewhat sassy attitude towards the guy at the club entrance was kinda funny but I feel as if the dialogue and throwing around cussing to sound cool is just lame as hell. The original games didn't need excessive cussing to add to the badass factor of the games and Dante was witty without it and he was over the top, and a comic but it sounded natural . This "Dante" although he is supposed to be a teenager and this is a hard and gritty new take on the story is a rebellious kid that just hasn't really sold that he is Dante to me. And I fully understand that the game is still under development but I'm not 100% feeling this "Dante" still. The gameplay looks amazing, and fun , the graphics look cool and "Dante" somewhat retained his original flavor in that opening scene at the club entrance , and I will be buying the game (after a significant price drop) but It's still ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to me. And I guess you could say I'm being nitpicky but whateves.

sorry. long post

Actually im thankful for the long post. It's the rare legitimate reason to dislike this. As it is a reboot, im being lenient, because things are going to be different (hence reboot and not sequel, prequel, or side story lol) and honestly, ninja theory has always been shakey gameplay wise, but they usually have good writting. (case in point, enslaved)

But honestly im iffy on dmc, but if it shapes up better, then ill check it out. It just im sick of people knocking it and not eve. trying to research it. Sides, nothing can beat DMC 3 lol

Also fuji, if they remaster nocturne, that means ill have to fight matador again. T_T lol man hardest early boss ever. Well at least in top 3 lol well i didnt have fog breath, so that made it that much harder. Lol

On topic. Please nintendo, have games i care about. Let's see a BRAND new zelda and star fox on the 3ds. Atlus, do the right thing and bring soul hackers and etrian odyssey over and im with fuji, moar advance wars. Also fire emblem. Can we please have the new one? Please?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#22 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

XenoBlade said:

Also fuji, if they remaster nocturne, that means ill have to fight matador again. T_T lol man hardest early boss ever. Well at least in top 3 lol well i didnt have fog breath, so that made it that much harder. Lol

On topic. Please nintendo, have games i care about. Let's see a BRAND new zelda and star fox on the 3ds. Atlus, do the right thing and bring soul hackers and etrian odyssey over and im with fuji, moar advance wars. Also fire emblem. Can we please have the new one? Please?

You know what would be funny?

Spoiler

So far the only thing I found were trailers to Golden/P4M and that was it :< I'm still watching it though/looking for more information.

How do you go back on stories/vids on live stream?!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#23 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 05 June 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

You know what would be funny?

Spoiler

So far the only thing I found were trailers to Golden/P4M and that was it :< I'm still watching it though/looking for more information.

How do you go back on stories/vids on live stream?!

Lemme know how it goes. Im at work, and we have no intenets upstairs right now
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#24 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

PS3 keynote: No Kevin Butler = Fail
Pikmin 3!!!!
The Castlevania: Lord of Shadows sequel on the 3DS seems to have 2D gameplay. Yes!!!
Reggie Fims-Aime actually said "My body is ready"!! My life is now satisfied.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 05 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#25 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 05 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

PS3 keynote: No Kevin Butler = Fail
Pikmin 3!!!!
The Castlevania: Lord of Shadows sequel on the 3DS seems to have 2D gameplay. Yes!!!
Reggie Fims-Aime actually said "My body is ready"!! My life is now satisfied.

So does Reggie fims support lolcats and other memes as well? It makes me wonder if he knows he's a meme.

Yeah I rather enjoyed Castlevania than the tons of Mario games XD
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#26 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

And Nintendo wins by virtue of showing NSMBU and Pikmin 3; good times. They'll be showing off all their 3DS stuff tomorrow

#27 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Did anyone catch the part of Microsoft's presentation where they discussed/showed off SmartGlass? If anybody else happened to see that, I was wondering what you thought about it?
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#28 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm not really impressed with this year's E3
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#29 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Also, Nintendo's E3 page is showing more titles like a new Warioware as well as a Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Madworld, Vanquish) title called Project P-100 that's a Wii U exclusive:

http://e3.nintendo.com/

#30 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 05 June 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Did anyone catch the part of Microsoft's presentation where they discussed/showed off SmartGlass? If anybody else happened to see that, I was wondering what you thought about it?

If you tell me which part in the stream I can find it and give you a honest opinion about it. None bias gamer here.

For those of you who already saying E3 is a let down, it just started....
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users