• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Because of all of the serious topics, here:

Vintage cereals

vintage drinks

vintage tumblr

Does anyone remember Dunk a balls? Hidden treasures? Turtle vanilla pies? When MCDs used to serve cake?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wow, I remember quite of few of those! Not sure if most of the people here do lol
Yeah, those Turtle vanilla pies were very good and came with stickers. :D
ACen Mascot Artist

#3 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Nintendo cereal FTW
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#4 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

This is a bad arse thread Fuj. Yes I remember and loved Turtle Pies as a kid! I remember half of those cereals but didn't see half of them too, lol. McDonalds served cake?!?!? Say whaaaaaaaaaat???? What kind of cake? Lol. I do remember in some locations and very briefly at that they has pizza, never got to try it though.

Now my question to all of you that remember it: Was I the only one that liked Crystal Pepsi? Because I feel that I am. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#5 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

I liked Crystal Pepsi. I wish they still made that!
ACen Mascot Artist

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostSTVO, on 03 June 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

This is a bad arse thread Fuj. Yes I remember and loved Turtle Pies as a kid! I remember half of those cereals but didn't see half of them too, lol. McDonalds served cake?!?!? Say whaaaaaaaaaat???? What kind of cake? Lol. I do remember in some locations and very briefly at that they has pizza, never got to try it though.

Now my question to all of you that remember it: Was I the only one that liked Crystal Pepsi? Because I feel that I am. :)

Retro mcdonalds stuff

I don't remember the cake but I do remember the mayor Mc cheese.

Sadly I remember a lot of these cereals as well as Wrestlemania ice cream bars. I remember with horror how sweet that pop tart cereal was, which gave me the conclusion that I had a cast iron stomach to eating any type of food except for the ones that I was allergic to and spoiled foods.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I wonder if some of things I grew up with are considered vintage now, oiy.

I don't recall the pirate amongst them but I recall much of those playland sets. Also, I remember the old sandwich containers.

#8 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

I'm glad to say I only recognized 3 of those cereals xD I feel young now haha. And Surge is the only drink I recognize. I can recognize a lot from the tumbler page though. "Bubblegum, Bazooka, zooka, bubblegum!"
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#9 User is offline   Lica~chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61944

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

some of these things make me feel old :(
~May the Shadows watch you while you sleep~

#10 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Don't tell me I'm the only one that remembers the Wonder ball?
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#11 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Those are not vintage they are recently old, and I remember all of those things.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#12 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on 08 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Those are not vintage they are recently old, and I remember all of those things.

Vintage isn't really "old," in my head, it's more like a feeling of nostalgia or a sense of "you can't find this anymore." I wasn't claiming that anyone was "old," per say, but giving people a sense of memory on stuff that you can't buy anymore, more of a happy feeling outside of the debates and political topics that have developed on the forums, or people's deaths.

Such things as the Rice crispy treat cereal still exist, but you can't find the old boxes anymore.

Wrestlemania ice cream bars. I remember when Hulk was on tv (back in the 80s,) as well as my mom and it's something that we can talk about. Since they are gone it's harder to talk to people about these things.

Like Pokemon Ruby, which came out 10 years ago, brings about this feeling as well.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#13 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

I miss the show ZOOM on pbs..watched that everyday as a yougin

This post has been edited by BreBre716: 10 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#14 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

If you're ever at the Field Museum in Chicago, then head toward the McDonald's. Take a look at the art outside the restaurant. How many of those characters have you seen in the last twenty years?

I was at Old Country Buffet a month ago, and saw a small taco bar. This is a strange bit of nostalgia for me, since I remember enjoying the salad and solid foods bar at Wendy's restaurants as late as the mid-90s.

A strange bit of history: when the Purple Line is working, look carefully to the east. A little ways south of the Davis stop (probably just north of Dempster), you'll see an advertisement that still has an old-school phone number on it! (This is something that would be more nostalgic for my parents... I just remember the days when all of Chicago had a single area code.)

#15 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

children these days will never know whom this rad guy is
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#16 User is offline   Hantsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62601

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just opened up my storage several days ago with all of my Pokemon stuff in it. That was a lot of nostalgia surging then.

I also recall the Discovery Zone (which was kind of like Chuckie Cheese except cooler, imo) after looking at some pictures. I also had a Pokemon Wonderball box. That was cool.

#17 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostHantsuki, on 09 August 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

I just opened up my storage several days ago with all of my Pokemon stuff in it. That was a lot of nostalgia surging then.

I also recall the Discovery Zone (which was kind of like Chuckie Cheese except cooler, imo) after looking at some pictures. I also had a Pokemon Wonderball box. That was cool.

Discovery Zone was tight back in the day. Leaps & Bounds was, too.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#18 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Leaps and bounds was *awesome*, until I was 4 years old and got separated from my mom. Sooo traumatized. XD

Looking at the first post, OMFG, Sprinkle Spangles!!!! I remember seeing ads for the cereal as a kid, but when I asked around recently none of my friends knew what the heck I was talking about because I couldn't remember the name, just that there were sprinkles and a creepy genie involved. Sadly they look a lot less magical than I remember. XD

Also, does anyone else remember Samurai Pizza Cats?

#19 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostAgatha, on 31 August 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Leaps and bounds was *awesome*, until I was 4 years old and got separated from my mom. Sooo traumatized. XD

Looking at the first post, OMFG, Sprinkle Spangles!!!! I remember seeing ads for the cereal as a kid, but when I asked around recently none of my friends knew what the heck I was talking about because I couldn't remember the name, just that there were sprinkles and a creepy genie involved. Sadly they look a lot less magical than I remember. XD

Also, does anyone else remember Samurai Pizza Cats?

I used to record the show on VHS along with Darkstalkers.

Sadly it didn't work and I was crushed at waking up 5-6am to watch cartoons and couldn't rewatch them.

That show SPC, and TMNT made me eat pizza again.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#20 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

It was all about Showbiz Pizza Place.

#21 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Did anyone one else ever eat the oatmeal that came with the jelly packet? For some reason I really remember that.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#22 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

No, but I had that oatmeal with the gummy bears... that stuff was awesome!

#23 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

View Postrondo, on 05 September 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

It was all about Showbiz Pizza Place.

OMG. I demanded my parents take me to Showbiz until I was 12. I loved that place.

I really miss arcades. The last one where I live hung on until two years ago, and now it's gone. I know consoles are better and cheaper in the long run, but there was just something about blowing $10 on Tekken, Heavy Barrel, or Spiderman.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I kicked butt on Spidey"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#24 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostAgatha, on 10 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

No, but I had that oatmeal with the gummy bears... that stuff was awesome!

Oh my God I used to love that stuff! Now I want it for breakfast.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users