• You cannot reply to this topic

Game Center CX Arino Rocks

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Im strangely addicted to this show that I found on You Tube called Game Center CX. Its about a guy named Arimo who plays retro games on his "Family Computer" aka "Nintendo" and he has to beat the game before the show ends. What I really love about the show is that he also goes to arcades in Japan as well. I really want to check those places out. They look so much better than our US counterparts. I dont know if anyone is familiar with the show but its worth a watch if you get a chance. Its coming out on DVD in September. Its like Top Gear, but its about vintage gaming instead.

http://youtu.be/sFPTaPKoMLg
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Are there still US counterparts to compare with?

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I used to watch this when I was a teenager. I remember when he beat the old Mario brothers, you know lost levels in Japan.

He kept being killed off in one stage and because of the wind ._.

I wanted to see the Mario 3 one to see if Mario 3 was harder in Japan but my friend couldn't find it.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I watched the Castlevania 3 one last night. Even he couldnt beat it. The final boss in that one I could never beat so I know his pain lol. Makes me want to get back into retro gaming :)
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#5 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I haven't personally watched the show, but I've seen little clips of him playing games and acting plain silly. What's cool is that the game, Retro Game Challenge (NDS), is pretty much based off of the show. Anyone that's played that game will notice, right away, the connection between it and the show. I'll have to sit down to watch it sometime.

#6 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

if you go to a site called tv nihon they have a lot of his episodes on torrent they are all great and have watched them all numerous times
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#7 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

A couple months ago, it was stated that Discotek will release twelve episodes of Retro Game Master on DVD.

I purchased the translated DS game Retro Game Challenge on day one, and enjoyed most of it. It was disappointing to hear that the second DS game would not be translated. (It's not that text heavy, and it's a region-free cartridge, but still...) Some fans have been working on it, though I don't remember if their project is still active.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users