Anime Central Forums: Wangan Midnight - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wangan Midnight And other not released in the U.S. anime's.

#1 User is offline   Monica Rial #1 Fan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61911

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Kind of curious. I've been very interested in watching Wangan Midnight for some time. I know it's never been distributed legally in the States, and I prefer to buy my stuff. I like to own them before I watch them. ^_^

I've looked it up on Ebay, and what I've found looks like bootleg stuff to me. What exactly does one do in situations like this? Should I be looking to stream it online, though like I said I'd prefer to actually be able to buy it legit, or what? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

It looks like Wangan Midnight was only broadcast in Japan. I do not believe there a genuine DVD version was created for any other nation or region. Furthermore, it does not appear that it's available on any legit streaming sites (such as Crunchyroll, Niconico, or Funimation). Authentic region 2 DVDs of Wangan Midnight will cost you about $74 US for *two* raw episodes on sites such as Play Asia. This is a typical price for DVDs in Japan. It seems safe to assume that the inexpensive DVDs which routinely appear on eBay are not authentic.

The original manga ran for 42 trade paperbacks. It's also never been licensed for localization, or made available for e-readers or official sites such as JManga. It might take a bit of effort to track the individual volumes down, but they should be far less expensive. A typical untranslated manga volume is sold for $5 or so. Find a site or store that routinely stocks Japanese books. If they don't carry the books you want at the moment, ask how much it would cost to special order a volume or two.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users