Anime Central Forums: Wizard World 2012 (Chicago Comic Con) - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wizard World 2012 (Chicago Comic Con) August 9-12

#1 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

So who else is attending? It's a bit pricey but I think I'll make a Saturday outing!!

CM Punk, Booker T, and Stan Lee... I'm sold!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048
  • Posts: 2,002
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:The depths of the Net

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm not, but I should go. Maybe next year. convince me to go STVO ;3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Probably not. Though I've been going there for maybe 6 years now, last year was just too crowded.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#4 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 12 May 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

I'm not, but I should go. Maybe next year. convince me to go STVO ;3



I'm cosplaying as Two Face! Come on you should cosplay as uh Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Cat Woman, Harley Quinn, or even Major Motoko! I'm sure she wouldn't mind taking on Two Face! ;D That and we get to meet Stan "The Man" Lee! He is $55 for a photo though but I guess with two people, you get to split the cost. You totally should. :D

And because of the celebs (well wrestlers and Stan Lee, lol) that I plan to meet, I'll likely pass on Anime World because of money that I'll have to spend on a new place and other expenses this year. Probably shouldn't be going to this but the three names I listed among others are too hard to pass up, lol.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#5 User is offline   HiroEcks 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556
  • Posts: 375
  • Joined: 24-February 11
  • Location:Park Ridge, IL

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

FIVE TIME
FIVE TIME!
FIVE TIME!!
FIVE TIME!!!
FIVE TIME!!!!

SUCKAAAAAAAA!!!!
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#6 User is offline   PrinceScoobert 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59150
  • Posts: 62
  • Joined: 12-December 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

I'll be going! Either all four days or just Saturday, but you'll see Loki Laufeyson there!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Marceline - Adventure Time - 100%
Asami Sato - Legend of Korra - 90%
Link - Wind Waker - 100%
Sora (Game I) - 100%

#7 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostPrinceScoobert, on 13 May 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'll be going! Either all four days or just Saturday, but you'll see Loki Laufeyson there!


I'll keep an eye out (pun intended?) as I will be reprising my Batman: TAS Two Face for the event. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#8 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Will there be free stuff like there was at C2E2?
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#9 User is offline   tfcreate 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 115
  • Posts: 270
  • Joined: 14-April 03
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I go every year.
---------->pictures from 2011.
Posted Image
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#10 User is offline   KnitChick 

  • ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629
  • Posts: 2,142
  • Joined: 04-March 07
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

If the Ghostbusters: Chicago Division has our Ecto on display again like last year, I will be there. If not, probably won't go because it's WAY too expensive. WW has never been worth the entrance fee to me, I'm always trying to find ways to get in free because there's not enough to do to justify that badge cost.

That said, I did have fun working our booth last year. I get enough con-going out of Acen, C2E2, and Chicago TARDIS that I didn't mind spending most of the time just being a Ghostbuster and posing for photos. I snuck away to say hi to a few people in Artist Alley that I know, and to do a little shopping, and that was enough for me. This year, Dean Stockwell & Scott Bakula will be there so I do want to meet them, but then the rest of the time I'll be a Ghostbuster. :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#11 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostMasterHavik, on 13 May 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Will there be free stuff like there was at C2E2?


Free and Wizard World. Error error, does not compute :computer explodes:

In all seriousness probably not, lol. Maybe you'll find a few freebies and maybe a few quality artists/comic writers will give free autographs, but I wouldn't count on it.


View Posttfcreate, on 13 May 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

I go every year.
---------->pictures from 2011.
Posted Image



Very nice! I'm likely going as Batman: TAS Two Face so if you see me, say hello!

View PostKnitChick, on 13 May 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

If the Ghostbusters: Chicago Division has our Ecto on display again like last year, I will be there. If not, probably won't go because it's WAY too expensive. WW has never been worth the entrance fee to me, I'm always trying to find ways to get in free because there's not enough to do to justify that badge cost.

That said, I did have fun working our booth last year. I get enough con-going out of Acen, C2E2, and Chicago TARDIS that I didn't mind spending most of the time just being a Ghostbuster and posing for photos. I snuck away to say hi to a few people in Artist Alley that I know, and to do a little shopping, and that was enough for me. This year, Dean Stockwell & Scott Bakula will be there so I do want to meet them, but then the rest of the time I'll be a Ghostbuster. :D



I totally understand you. Main reason I go to Wizard World is the celebs. But you have me as a friend on Facebook, so if you want to read my long rants on celebrities and autograph/photo opportunity rant, look for it or send me a PM I'm going to spare the good people here a long rant, lol. But yeah, celebrities and some cool displays/vendors/etc. sells me on WW, but it is getting very pricey.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#12 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'll be attending.



STAN LEE <3

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#13 User is offline   BreBre716 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491
  • Posts: 418
  • Joined: 12-February 11
  • Location:Chicago,Ilinois

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I might be going if I have the funds.
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#14 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'm going to go, but maybe only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Not sure about Thursday because I'm working soon.

STVO: LOL, this may be late but thanks for the heads up. I clean up at C2E2. I heard the autographs were free at WW.

This post has been edited by MasterHavik: 13 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#15 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostMasterHavik, on 13 June 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'm going to go, but maybe only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Not sure about Thursday because I'm working soon.

STVO: LOL, this may be late but thanks for the heads up. I clean up at C2E2. I heard the autographs were free at WW.



No problem, yeah it really sucks they charge for autographs. There are a few people who don't: Angus Oblong, Billy Corgan didn't (but you needed to wait in a very long line for a ticket I heard), the band Twiztid, and maybe a few artists, other than that most do unfortunately. Yeah I was pleased the two people I got to meet (Stephen Ranazzissi from the League and Svengoolie) were free. Some guys like Jerry the King Lawler, George Lowe, and the guy who played Skull from Power Rangers will charge about $5, but then there's people like William Shatner and Patrick Stewart that will charge you about $80-$100 for an autograph alone and extra for a photo (most people charge those separately.) While I do kind of want to go to WW still, I may consider skipping only because of how expensive it is and I may do another group outing that day. I will see though.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#16 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

I hate that the guest try to get more money, instead of meeting the fans. I mean hell the anime Vas don't do it and they are still rich as hell.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#17 User is offline   linlindesu 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292
  • Posts: 1,141
  • Joined: 11-May 08
  • Location:Rosy Roselle IL

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostMasterHavik, on 15 June 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

I hate that the guest try to get more money, instead of meeting the fans. I mean hell the anime Vas don't do it and they are still rich as hell.

That's how the guests there make their money. Certain guests do comic con circuits after their hay day to keep the ( possibly imported) bread on the table.
Plus, let's be honest here, there's more demand for Stan Lee in America than there is for some random american VA.
And some anime VAs do though not at anime cons as it is not part of the culture ( though buying items / needing official merch at a signing is how they still get you. )
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#18 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Interesting...but a lot of people at Wizard World are still doing something in today's world. I mean CM Punk is the champ atm. Booker T is an announcer on Smackdown. So people who still got a job have no business charging.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#19 User is offline   BreBre716 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491
  • Posts: 418
  • Joined: 12-February 11
  • Location:Chicago,Ilinois

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

I sent Vic Mignogna an email asking about this particular thing. because I noticed he didn't charge at Anime conventions for autographs but he is charging 20 bucks at Wizard World . It was my boyfriend's question and he responded saying this.

"Hi Breana,

Thanks for your email. It was great seeing you at Anime Central! And I especially appreciate your kind words about the Sunday service :-)

In answer to your boyfriends question, it is standard practice at pop culture conventions for the guests to charge… That is the convention's policy. In addition, when my event manager books me into an event, he requires me to charge a minimal amount. He actually wants me to charge more… Everyone else charges $30 or more… but I insisted on only charging $10 :-)

I look forward to seeing you there!

Vic"
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#20 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostMasterHavik, on 25 June 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Interesting...but a lot of people at Wizard World are still doing something in today's world. I mean CM Punk is the champ atm. Booker T is an announcer on Smackdown. So people who still got a job have no business charging.


^THIS!! It is ridiculous. It's one thing if let's say the woman who played Jennifer from only the first Back to the Future (who was at Wizard World) was there and charging. I don't think she's poor, but she didn't get much work in movies after the first Back to the Future. Last time I checked, she's a manager of a clothing store in California and she did get to Jennifer again in the recent Back to the Future video game release for PS3/Wii, so for her to try to earn a little extra money, it makes sense.

And yeah, I know these celebrities do it because they can get away with doing so, but it's ridiculous! Yeah, Stan Lee needs to charge $80 because I'm sure he is doing "so horribly" financially. If he didn't get the convention money, he might not be able to buy two extra houses, right? I don't hate the guy and I know part of it is the convention that's making them, but it's ridiculous! And like Havik said, Booker T is currently employed as a commentator for the WWE, CM Punk is the 2nd star to John Cena and is the current reigning champion, and John Cena is charging $60 an autograph or photo despite being the top WWE star today and maybe besides the Undertaker the highest paid star in wrestling today. If they charge, fine, but it should be something like $10-$30 because you know people like them are doing well financially. But $60 to a guy who likely is making anywhere from $5-10 million a year, ridiculous.

View PostBreBre716, on 25 June 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I sent Vic Mignogna an email asking about this particular thing. because I noticed he didn't charge at Anime conventions for autographs but he is charging 20 bucks at Wizard World . It was my boyfriend's question and he responded saying this.

"Hi Breana,

Thanks for your email. It was great seeing you at Anime Central! And I especially appreciate your kind words about the Sunday service :-)

In answer to your boyfriends question, it is standard practice at pop culture conventions for the guests to charge… That is the convention's policy. In addition, when my event manager books me into an event, he requires me to charge a minimal amount. He actually wants me to charge more… Everyone else charges $30 or more… but I insisted on only charging $10 :-)

I look forward to seeing you there!

Vic"


It's really funny because I just couldn't see anyone who is a Vic Mignona fan going to Wizard World to meet him when he does appear at many other Anime Conventions and doesn't charge a thing. I met Vic this year randomly on the 2nd floor of the Hyatt and he was kind enough to get a photo with me. He didn't act like I was bothering him and was very polite and friendly about doing so. I have heard that some stars only charge a small amount only because they are told by Wizard World to charge something. Like I said, I met Angus Oblong who is somewhat known and he charged nothing at Wizard World. While I know I was pumped awhile ago to go to the con (especially since I'm a big WWE fan and love the names announced) paying $40 to go Saturday and an extra $40 or so to meet these guys is just getting too high. I may consider stopping by the con on Thursday or Sunday, but I have a hard time justifying the Saturday price overload. :P
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#21 User is offline   BreBre716 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491
  • Posts: 418
  • Joined: 12-February 11
  • Location:Chicago,Ilinois

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostSTVO, on 25 June 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

^THIS!! It is ridiculous. It's one thing if let's say the woman who played Jennifer from only the first Back to the Future (who was at Wizard World) was there and charging. I don't think she's poor, but she didn't get much work in movies after the first Back to the Future. Last time I checked, she's a manager of a clothing store in California and she did get to Jennifer again in the recent Back to the Future video game release for PS3/Wii, so for her to try to earn a little extra money, it makes sense.

And yeah, I know these celebrities do it because they can get away with doing so, but it's ridiculous! Yeah, Stan Lee needs to charge $80 because I'm sure he is doing "so horribly" financially. If he didn't get the convention money, he might not be able to buy two extra houses, right? I don't hate the guy and I know part of it is the convention that's making them, but it's ridiculous! And like Havik said, Booker T is currently employed as a commentator for the WWE, CM Punk is the 2nd star to John Cena and is the current reigning champion, and John Cena is charging $60 an autograph or photo despite being the top WWE star today and maybe besides the Undertaker the highest paid star in wrestling today. If they charge, fine, but it should be something like $10-$30 because you know people like them are doing well financially. But $60 to a guy who likely is making anywhere from $5-10 million a year, ridiculous.



It's really funny because I just couldn't see anyone who is a Vic Mignona fan going to Wizard World to meet him when he does appear at many other Anime Conventions and doesn't charge a thing. I met Vic this year randomly on the 2nd floor of the Hyatt and he was kind enough to get a photo with me. He didn't act like I was bothering him and was very polite and friendly about doing so. I have heard that some stars only charge a small amount only because they are told by Wizard World to charge something. Like I said, I met Angus Oblong who is somewhat known and he charged nothing at Wizard World. While I know I was pumped awhile ago to go to the con (especially since I'm a big WWE fan and love the names announced) paying $40 to go Saturday and an extra $40 or so to meet these guys is just getting too high. I may consider stopping by the con on Thursday or Sunday, but I have a hard time justifying the Saturday price overload. :P




I know what you mean. I'm not going to see Vic since we met at ACen and for FREE and I randomly ran into him like you did to but I bumped into him in the dealers room. He noticed my Persona outfit X3. I only will maybe be attending Wizard World for just a day like I did for C2E2, unfortunately the day I wanna go to Wizard World is the most expensive Saturday. But i can't pass up meeting Norman Reedus. but that $4o autograph fee is a turn off :( Well Vic kinda explained so... If i have the money I'll just buy a badge, get my autograph and not buy anything at the con :/
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#22 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

First off shoutouts to Vic. I might get his autograph if I decide to go to Wizard world. But I love how he was honest about the whole thing. I hate it that the staff at Wizard World is asking them to pander for money. Hell, some of them don't even want to do it. I mean let the guest decide if they should charge or now. It's their life and time. So let them decide how they wanna use it. It's also really hypocritical that you want some guest to charge and others not to charge. It has to be one way or the other. Another thing that pisses me off, it would be nice to know how much they will charging if any for these autographs and pictures. They never tell us.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#23 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

So I decided due to both celebrities and several friends attending, I'll be there as Danny Phantom. Right now I think I'll meet CM Punk but it will be based on line length. If not, I'll try for Booker T, Maryse, the Bella Twins, or try and save money and not pay for any, lol. We'll see... I may go back Sunday if I can do this gig that will get me in for free. If I can, I'll be Wreck it Ralph that day.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#24 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Coolness. Still thinking of going.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#25 User is offline   Shuichilove 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62063
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 22-April 12
  • Location:Subs

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Wrong thread :P

This post has been edited by Shuichilove: 30 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Great things come in pink! :O

#26 User is offline   MasterHavik 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 23-February 12
  • Location:Chicago,IL

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Ouch that will hurt the attendance.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#27 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Looks like I won't be making it this year, again.I was planning on going on Saturday, but my step-father's work is being awesome and throwing him a sponsored cycling benefit to help fund his cancer treatment and I won't be able to make it.Because I'll be there sweating my butt off for 20 miles!Probably dying.
So everybody take lots of pictures and post them so I can live vicariously through your camera lens. ;)
And anybody else who happens upon this post who lives in the NW Indiana area is free to come out and support the cause if you've got nothing better to do and want to be the coolest, sweatiest person ever.PM me for details.
Have fun next week, you guys!

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#28 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostMasterHavik, on 29 July 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Coolness. Still thinking of going.


Cool, maybe I'll see you there.

View PostKii, on 01 August 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Looks like I won't be making it this year, again.I was planning on going on Saturday, but my step-father's work is being awesome and throwing him a sponsored cycling benefit to help fund his cancer treatment and I won't be able to make it.Because I'll be there sweating my butt off for 20 miles!Probably dying.
So everybody take lots of pictures and post them so I can live vicariously through your camera lens. ;)
And anybody else who happens upon this post who lives in the NW Indiana area is free to come out and support the cause if you've got nothing better to do and want to be the coolest, sweatiest person ever.PM me for details.
Have fun next week, you guys!



Sorry you can't make it but have fun at the benefit! Hope the event goes well. :D
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#29 User is offline   delial 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 15-April 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Sigh :/ so I've never been to this con and I am not sure I wanna go. I was supposed to go to Leakycon (Harry Potter con) but I waited too long and they sold out so I wanted to find something else to do. But having looked at WW's schedule....thing really interests me except maybe Tom Felton but its at a bad time for me. I'm quite bummed out. I don't want to make the trip to Rosemont to not really do anything. One of my friends calls it an old people con lol I am not sure why. What's there to do besides the celeb meet ups?
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#30 User is offline   izumitastic 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61543
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 20-February 12
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I've wanted to add this convention to my schedule, but it's just so cashy.
ACen 2013 COSPLAY PLANS
Char Aznable- Mobile Suit Gundam

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users