Anime Central Forums: Limited Edition Hatsune Miku PS Vita - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Limited Edition Hatsune Miku PS Vita Anyone here getting it? I know I am.

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hey all. Announced just yesterday in Japan, was this:

http://www.animenews...ps-vita-offered

I'mma pre-order one as soon as it's possible to. $437 for the WiFi only model (which us here in the US can only utilize anyway) is right around what I would have spent on a 'piano black' 'regular' Vita. As stated in the article, it comes with a copy of the new and upcoming 'Next Hatsune Miku Project Diva' game, of which I had preordered separately ($104.95 or so after shipping from Play-Asia), but if the game is included with the Vita, why spend that extra dough? xD

Plus, even without Miku on the back (and maybe on the front with the 'specially designed screen protector film') white is a sleek and cool color. It stands out more than black.

Anyone else as excited for this as I am? I know it's hard to portray in text, but I'm super effing excited. :) Come on.... I know I saw at least one Miku fan on his PSP at ACen this year. Where you at? xD
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' ACen 2015 and Otakon 2015!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ouch, that's expensive...

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#3 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostKii, on 08 May 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Ouch, that's expensive...

What, the game alone or that newly-announced bundle? The bundle is actually pretty well priced if you ask me.
Anime fo lyfe!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 08 May 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

What, the game alone or that newly-announced bundle? The bundle is actually pretty well priced if you ask me.

500 for a bundle?!

I remember when it was like 200 for the PSP version Miku bundle with the limited edition PSP, then 300 because it was back ordered/ran out.

I thought the puyo puyo bundle was a lot at 80-100 dollars for the game/pins only!

If you consider proxy fees, since this will most likely sell out of playasia, that's 600-800 dollars there! If it doesn't sell out from NSCX or playasia (which means you have luck materia,) it's still around the 600 dollar range x.x;

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 09 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

500 for a bundle?!

I remember when it was like 200 for the PSP version Miku bundle with the limited edition PSP, then 300 because it was back ordered/ran out.

I thought the puyo puyo bundle was a lot at 80-100 dollars for the game/pins only!

If you consider proxy fees, since this will most likely sell out of playasia, that's 600-800 dollars there! If it doesn't sell out from NSCX or playasia (which means you have luck materia,) it's still around the 600 dollar range x.x;

$500 is for the 3G/WiFi model, which is worthless in the US, with it being locked to Japanese cell carrier DOCOMO. Since I can make a WiFi bubble/tether hotspot with my Android smartphone, I don't need any kind of onboard 3G Internet connection. The WiFi only model is $438 or so. Way worth it for such a collectors' bundle/item. Plus I'm a Miku fanboy. ^.^

The best part: it's region free! As for proxies (I assume you mean import and shipping taxes?) I'll have enough saved towards that.

And as for it selling out, I plan on pre-ordering from either PlayAsia or anywhere else that has it available. If someone on eBay has a pre-order setup, I'll do that. I have a friend who has a friend in Japan and she might be able to get it for me. I'm determined to get it in one way or another. I shall not fail. lol xD

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 09 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 09 May 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

$500 is for the 3G/WiFi model, which is worthless in the US, with it being locked to Japanese cell carrier DOCOMO. Since I can make a WiFi bubble/tether hotspot with my Android smartphone, I don't need any kind of onboard 3G Internet connection. The WiFi only model is $438 or so. Way worth it for such a collectors' bundle/item. Plus I'm a Miku fanboy. ^.^

The best part: it's region free! As for proxies (I assume you mean import and shipping taxes?) I'll have enough saved towards that.

And as for it selling out, I plan on pre-ordering from either PlayAsia or anywhere else that has it available. If someone on eBay has a pre-order setup, I'll do that. I have a friend who has a friend in Japan and she might be able to get it for me. I'm determined to get it in one way or another. I shall not fail. lol xD

Explain; I do not get how the 3G works for specific regions for the vita. I thought about buying a japanese version since (unlike the 3DS!) isn't region locked but I wanted the 3G/wifi support.

Yeah; I always end up paying a CRAPLOAD in proxy fees from buying stuff from Japan which is why I am trying to not do it anymore. If you can OP try to go for playasia or *correction* NCSX (which is also a site similar to play asia, but only carries video game swag.) http://www.ncsx.com/
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   youth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 22

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 May 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Explain; I do not get how the 3G works for specific regions for the vita. I thought about buying a japanese version since (unlike the 3DS!) isn't region locked but I wanted the 3G/wifi support.

3g in Japan may not use the same frequencies that are used for 3g in the US. The 3g may be locked to a specific provider like it is with AT&T in the US. Best is to get a WIFI model & tether to a smartphone with WIFI hotspot capability though this is usually an extra cost to whatever data plan you may have.

The biggest complaint I'm reading with buying a JP Vita is that switching between US & JP accounts is a pain for like when you want to access different region DLC.
g'day
youth

#8 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postyouth, on 11 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

3g in Japan may not use the same frequencies that are used for 3g in the US. The 3g may be locked to a specific provider like it is with AT&T in the US. Best is to get a WIFI model & tether to a smartphone with WIFI hotspot capability though this is usually an extra cost to whatever data plan you may have.

The biggest complaint I'm reading with buying a JP Vita is that switching between US & JP accounts is a pain for like when you want to access different region DLC.

Yes. Thanks for helping me clarify that. I won't be getting anything from the Japanese PSN I don't think so that won't be an issue. I'll deal with that as it comes. I just wanna get my Miku on. Lol.

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 11 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

#9 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

YAY I forgot I had someone I know (online) in Japan. She's gonna try and preorder the WiFi model for me. Come release I'll send her the money and she'll ship it out to me. w00 w00 w00 w00 w00!
Anime fo lyfe!

#10 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 11 May 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

YAY I forgot I had someone I know (online) in Japan. She's gonna try and preorder the WiFi model for me. Come release I'll send her the money and she'll ship it out to me. w00 w00 w00 w00 w00!

Just make sure it's a good proxy/middle person! Some of them try to scam you out of your money! Otherwise hope you have fun :thumbup:
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#11 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Just make sure it's a good proxy/middle person! Some of them try to scam you out of your money! Otherwise hope you have fun :thumbup:

I've known her a while, but thanks for your concern and I can't wait! :)

EDIT: I since pre-ordered my own, and my friend mentioned above found one for me, but it was more expensive than the one I had found on website nippon-yasan.com for US $557.53 ($515 plus $40 something FexEx shipping).

Also, I'm hoping it comes with a carrying case of some sort... I found a console-matching white official PS VITA carring case, but it's $30 or more depending on where I get it. I guess when people start unboxing the non-Miku Crystal White Special Edition PS VITAs we'll know......

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 16 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users