• You cannot reply to this topic

Fem!Italy Help

#1 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61459

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

I want to cosplay Fem!Italy and I wanted to make it myself. Problem is I am a complete noob at sewing clothes. I was wondering if someone could help me out, maybe with suggesting any patterns I could use? :(
2015:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Togepi (Pokemon)

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Which version? Maid? Pj? Regular? Halloween? Oni? etc.

Depending on which it can be hard or really easy.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Well if you're going for the normal version, you just might have to make a skirt rather then a jacket. I'll have to look around for patterns.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#4 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

I want to do the regular version with a skirt instead of pants. But I can't seem to find a pattern to use for the jacket.
2015:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Togepi (Pokemon)

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostSkylerrelyks, on 07 May 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I want to do the regular version with a skirt instead of pants. But I can't seem to find a pattern to use for the jacket.

Like this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think you can modify a military jacket or use a kind of canvas/khaki material for the top. The skirt is really easy too; you can buy that at a uniform supply store (they have one here in chicago near Roosevelt and probably in your area as well!)

This outfit is really cheap to be honest.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Mmmm I'm thinking more like Italy in this:

Posted Image
2015:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Togepi (Pokemon)

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

So you want the Pre-Himura Nyotalia version then?

Ok what you do is get a police uniform for women and modify that, since Italy's outfit is a modified version of a WWI-WWII euro military outfit. If you are doing it from scratch then I'm going to look for the pattern. I'll post it here if I can find it.

I might end up asking some friends/my relatives, because they work with these kinds of things more so than I do.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#8 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for your help :)
2015:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Togepi (Pokemon)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic