Anime Central Forums: Anyone get carded at Red Bar this year? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anyone get carded at Red Bar this year?

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Because we didn't until the manager came by our table and asked if we wanted another round of drinks. I found it odd since I'm only 25 and I've been mistaken for younger. I was with my husband who is very tall and bearded, but again he is not yet 30. I thought they would have checked at the host desk since it was 21 and up only.

Just wondering what is up with that?

By the way, the sushi was AMAZING! We sat right by the sushi chefs and saw them rolling out maki.We had the dragon roll because we both love unagi!

Anyone have sushi or that great poisoned apple drink or any other good noms?
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

They carded me the minute I ordered a drink and I don't think I look that young... not that I look that old either! Our whole table got drinks actually and ya they seemed pretty on top of it. Hotel bars are always on the pricey side though. :-(
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#3 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I didn't even get carded to walk in. Three times. Nor when I finally ordered my drink (Mai Tai that turned out to just be a heavily watered down Cosmo. Boo. Not worth the $10, but it did cut the pain in my feet, so meh.). I'm 22, but people either think I'm 13 or 40, never the right number; I'll be miffed it it turned out they thought I was clearly over 40 though..

Security, at least on Saturday -> Sunday night wasn't even checking IDs or even asking to see a wallet. Let a group of kids very clearly under 16 walk right in to the bar, no questions asked.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#4 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Admittedly I didn't go (well my friends and I were about to around 4 am, but it was closed) but in the previous years they usually did. Maybe it's just me, but I've always had poor service from them. I would practically have to jump in front of a waiter/waitress to get some service, it takes them a long time to get the food/beers and they're just not very friendly. I've been their three times prior. I try to avoid going there unless my friends really insist it.

The O'H Grill on the other hand I tried out for the first time this year for breakfast and was very impressed. Their breakfast buffet while I only had one plate (with lots of bacon, lol) was very good. I think I would go with them again. Also they usually have good service there if my friends want to grab a beer or whatever drink from their bar.

Step your game up Red Bar. :P
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've got no issues with the Red Bar myself. Even know some of them over the years. If you are at the bar itself, service is better than if you are populating a table.

#6 User is offline   Sarahlicious 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61869

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostSTVO, on 05 May 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Admittedly I didn't go (well my friends and I were about to around 4 am, but it was closed) but in the previous years they usually did. Maybe it's just me, but I've always had poor service from them. I would practically have to jump in front of a waiter/waitress to get some service, it takes them a long time to get the food/beers and they're just not very friendly. I've been their three times prior. I try to avoid going there unless my friends really insist it.

The O'H Grill on the other hand I tried out for the first time this year for breakfast and was very impressed. Their breakfast buffet while I only had one plate (with lots of bacon, lol) was very good. I think I would go with them again. Also they usually have good service there if my friends want to grab a beer or whatever drink from their bar.

Step your game up Red Bar. :P

I agree with this. We didn't order drinks at Red Bar but it took a very long time for us to get our food (we already knew what we wanted and ordered as soon as the waitress came up the table the first time) It also took almost an hour after we were done eating to actually get our tab, which another waitress had to come by our table and say she was going to get our server.
2012 C2E2/ACen/Wizard World Claire Redfield: RE Darkside Chronicles
2013 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lara Croft [Tomb Raider 2013]
2014 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lance Corporal Levi: Attack On Titan

#7 User is offline   Ervyla 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59380

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

We were at Red Bar for quite some time starting fairly soon after the fire alarm on Saturday and they checked IDs. I assume they did after we got there as well seeing as there was a line waiting to get in, I just assume they'd check then. (Also the service is always bad at Red Bar. Part of the fun. ;)
Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy) 2010
Malon (Legend of Zelda - OOT) 2011
River Song (Doctor Who) 2012
OC 2013
Zora Link ( Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess) 2014
Redo Zora Link (LoZ - TP)
and Lorelei (Pokemon) 2015

#8 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostSarahlicious, on 05 May 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

I agree with this. We didn't order drinks at Red Bar but it took a very long time for us to get our food (we already knew what we wanted and ordered as soon as the waitress came up the table the first time) It also took almost an hour after we were done eating to actually get our tab, which another waitress had to come by our table and say she was going to get our server.

A one time, maybe two time occurrence is forgivable, but its happened to me three separate occasions. ACen 2010, 2011, and Wizard World 2011. So it's not like it was the same staff each time (doubtful at least.) I know conventions can be hectic, but every other place I get food delivered from or order pizza from doesn't suffer from this poor of service. That's why I only intend to get drinks from them if my friends and I are really desperate, lol. No offense to everyone else, but I guess everyone has that one restaurant they dislike sometimes. :P
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#9 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostSTVO, on 05 May 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

A one time, maybe two time occurrence is forgivable, but its happened to me three separate occasions. ACen 2010, 2011, and Wizard World 2011. So it's not like it was the same staff each time (doubtful at least.) I know conventions can be hectic, but every other place I get food delivered from or order pizza from doesn't suffer from this poor of service. That's why I only intend to get drinks from them if my friends and I are really desperate, lol. No offense to everyone else, but I guess everyone has that one restaurant they dislike sometimes. :P

The staff doesn't rotate much. A number of those people have been there for years so the possibility of the staff being the same is high..though you may not have had the same person each time. Again, it comes and goes at the Red Bar..precon, it moves well. During con, not as much at times, bar/table dependent.

#10 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

My husband and I with a friend went there for lunch when they opened Saturday. The burger I had was good and the sushi my hubby and our friend had was very good according to them :) We had a couple of drinks and were carded, but service was fine till we wanted to leave. The waitress was busy by that point and it took a bit to get our check. I have no complaints other than that.

#11 User is offline   Foxtail150 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61326

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 06 May 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

My husband and I with a friend went there for lunch when they opened Saturday. The burger I had was good and the sushi my hubby and our friend had was very good according to them :) We had a couple of drinks and were carded, but service was fine till we wanted to leave. The waitress was busy by that point and it took a bit to get our check. I have no complaints other than that.

If you went Saturday, during the rave, then they carded everyone.

Does anyone remember what was in the Poisoned Apples? I remember apple juice, watermelon Sky vodka, and I don't remember the last part.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users