• This topic is locked

Homestuck 2013! IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

#61 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yoooo nepeta cosplayer here and I would love to meet up.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#62 User is offline   Silent Hand Grenades08 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17463

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just popping and saying if this meetup is happening, I'll be coming as Dave Strider

This post has been edited by Silent Hand Grenades08: 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay

Saturday and Sunday: Dave Strider (90%)

#63 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostSilent Hand Grenades08, on 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Just popping and saying if this meetup is happening, I'll be coming as Dave Strider

Yeah, the meetup's still happening! Allie (our wonderful host) already submit the gathering request; we're just waiting on the ACen staff for details now.
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

#64 User is offline   SaffyJK 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62585

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

I think i will be going to the homestuck meet up for the first time this year, with my dad and maybe my friend(who isn't really that in to homestuck *yet* but shes cool with it) Idk if I will being going as dave or John for it yet, heck i mite even be karkat *so many cosplays so little time*... or if my dad is gonna be Bro or John's dad *or some one else* but we'll see.
Oh I'd also like to say Hi!

#65 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostSaffyJK, on 07 April 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I think i will be going to the homestuck meet up for the first time this year, with my dad and maybe my friend(who isn't really that in to homestuck *yet* but shes cool with it) Idk if I will being going as dave or John for it yet, heck i mite even be karkat *so many cosplays so little time*... or if my dad is gonna be Bro or John's dad *or some one else* but we'll see.

I have no idea how you convinced your dad to cosplay but that's awesome that he's willing to, same with your friend for that matter. It'll be great to see all your costumes! (ノ゜∀゜)ノ
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----

#66 User is offline   twoFathoms 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61725

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'll be God Tier Trickster Dirk for the second part of Saturday. :3

Oh and a regular Vriska for a little bit on Friday night for a photoshoot.
--
ACen 2014
Saturday: Bee / Bee & Puppycat ; Sailor Mercury / Sailor Moon

#67 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just got back from Shutocon and the Homestuck representation there was staggering. I love you guys. I don't know how this fandom is able to get such a large volume of impressive cosplay every single convention. Never stop. <3

#68 User is offline   Bloody Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59785

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Maaaaan, this sounds exciting! The staff needs to get back to you sooner, ACen is around the corner! Anyway though, I have a group with me. Karkat, Tavros, Mituna, and myself for the whole weekend. We want to jump in this: Gathering Of The Awesome Homestuck People. Please put up the Where and When soon! ;o)
-ACen 2013 Characters-
Homestuck- Gamzee + Skater Kurloz [Maybe Rufioh... Get him all done in 6 weeks? We shall see! xD]
Hitman- Belphegor
Kuroshitsuji- Sebastian

#69 User is offline   miss-cyan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63157

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I will hopefully be showing up as The Mayor/WV whatever you like to call him.

and if all goes according to plan, I will be handing out little handmade Serenity pins to Homestucks/Sburbians I meet/who have a good cosplay/whatever I feel like. I bought stuff to make one for myself and there's enough to make like 20 of them so I figured why not?

#70 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 24594

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

@Miss-Cyan, oh my goodness that sounds adorable!!

I likely won't have space (bad pun, sorry) to bring GT Kanaya again this year but I do have friends who will be at the shoot and I'll be there with my fancy new camera to take pictures! And if anyone wants to do a mini shoot with me before or after just send me a message. I love shooting with Homestucks! I'm doing free shoots this year to build up my portfolio.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#71 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

(Psst! Since we finally have gathering times, I edited the first post with the information! If you haven't checked that information out OR the official gathering thread yet then I highly suggest that you do! (ノ゜∀゜)ノ )
-----

#72 User is offline   St. Jimmy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63571

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'll be there as Meulin!
FINAL COSPLAY SCHEDULE:

Friday: Cecil (Welcome to Night Vale)
Saturday: Vivienne (Gym Leader OC)
Saturday Night: It is a mystery~
Sunday: Tewnìn (Na'vi OC)

#73 User is offline   PabloBaka 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63584

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'll be at ACen 2013 on Saturday as John in the outfit Vriska designed for him. I have a friend from school going as Dead!Aradia, another friend ging as Terezi, and my cousin going as Rose in her grimdark outfit, but not grimdark. I can't wait to see everyone!!
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Saturday May 18th - VriskaOutfit!John from Homestuck

#74 User is offline   SaffyJK 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62585

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostSaffyJK, on 07 April 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

It has been decided I'm going as god tier! john and my dad as dad egbert, my friend will probs be cosplying hetalia *maybe,dave IF I CONVINCE HER* Hope to see you all there in 2 weeks!

#75 User is offline   Arlona 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61179

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

THE FORCES SEEM MEEK THIS YEAR
Which is to say, sup. MSPARP Forum mod golgothasTerror/subordinateclaws on the tumblrs/that one little piece of crap that walks around with her dad as Dad making a formalized statement of confirmed future visitation. I will be coming as Dirk Strider's gas mask variation, maybe with the gas mask, probably not. What I will have is a list of about 100 series titles/a quote from Ruby Spears Megaman and a portion of the lyrics to 3 minutes clapping on the back of my tanktop, all written in comic sans; AND a miniature-softly-playing-non-abrasive-on-an-auditory-level boombox so nobody has to get bored when standing in lines anymore. You're welcome.

Also IOU all fist bumps.
Mod golgothasTerror on the MSPARP forums
princeofdopemonologues and byzantineblowhard owner
factstuck owner
air owner
also that one dweeb that hath summoned Dad

[subordinateclaws.tumblr.com]

#76 User is offline   Sugar 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63320

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ooh, I really hope to be able to make at least one of the gatherings (probably Friday), and it's been decided, the b/f and I are going to be Pirate Vriska and God Tier John! :)

This post has been edited by Sugar: 07 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

#77 User is offline   milkpunk 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63655

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'm cosplaying the Handmaid in her Felt uniform on Saturday night, but unfortunately my work schedule means it's impossible to make any of the meetups. If anyone's interested in meeting up for something lower key that'd be cool tho.

Anyway I'm looking for a Doc Scratch cosplayer for a small photoshoot! Nothing serious or huge but it's just something I've always wanted to do, and since I probably won't cosplay the Handmaid again in the foreseeable future I just think it would be cool.

Otherwise I'll just be hanging out Saturday night and all of Sunday as Handmaid and a Mordecai gijinka, hmu
Cosplay Lineup 2014
Leaf (Pokemon)
Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)

#78 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I know I'll be putting up a post for feedback later on this week once things cool down.. but guys? If you could pass this along to this Dirk please, since I know this is trending like whoa on tumblr:
Posted Image

Not cool. He was standing on a live voltage power box. I really, really don't think taking the chance to yell looking for Dave would have been his preferred way to tell his parents that those may have been his last words on his Darwin Award nomination.

#79 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 21 May 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

I know I'll be putting up a post for feedback later on this week once things cool down.. but guys? If you could pass this along to this Dirk please, since I know this is trending like whoa on tumblr:
Posted Image

Not cool. He was standing on a live voltage power box. I really, really don't think taking the chance to yell looking for Dave would have been his preferred way to tell his parents that those may have been his last words on his Darwin Award nomination.

I just sent a post around on tumblr and facebook.

I will admit I saw this happening and I was worried about the guy falling and hurting himself but I chose not to yell at him because I felt it wasn’t my place. Now that I know that we were dealing with live electricity, I deeply regret not directly asking him to get down.

Hopefully this will not happen again next year D:
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#80 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

I just replied to your post on there (beegobuzz on there, hi~), so thank you so much for everything you guys have done. As for the Friday exodus, I -really- appreciate the move. The rain dumped down not even 5 minutes after you all got inside. I hope you all made it all in dry!

Also remember that as gathering leader, you do have the authority to tell anyone to gtfo those things. I'm going to see if Mary can knit up a ton of mini Daleks on sticks to denote the ok to wave around in this case or something.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users