• This topic is locked

Homestuck 2013! IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

#1 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

//We actually have photoshoot timeslots now so this spot can finally serve a purpose//

Just like last year, we have two photoshoot times:

Friday: 5:00 PM til 6:00 PM, Loading Docks A and B

Saturday: 4:30 PM til 5:30 PM, Loading Docks A and B

As always, these dates are subject to possible change by convention staff. For the offcial gathering thread, Click Here!

This post has been edited by JennifurAB: 19 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

#2 User is offline   Ezra 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61161

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostJennifurAB, on 04 May 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Wow I'm surprised; Has no one posted a 2013 thread yet? *slowpokes*

Oh well, then allow me to steal that honor!

This'll probably just be a placeholder post for now. As time moves on and Events/Meetups are set up we can post the info here.

But in the meantime, is anyone else already planning to be a Homestuck for Acen next year?

I had a request to come as Dolorosa with my new baby as the Sufferer. Hee hee.

#3 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I /MIGHT/ try to be The Handmaid, but it really depends on how well my J-rock cosplay goes.
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#4 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostEzra, on 06 May 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I had a request to come as Dolorosa with my new baby as the Sufferer. Hee hee.

Oh my gosh that would be absolutely precious *u*

View PostInkwell09, on 06 May 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

I /MIGHT/ try to be The Handmaid, but it really depends on how well my J-rock cosplay goes.

Well, good luck with both of them! It would be great to have more ancestors next year.
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----

#5 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19585

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Goodness last year was so much fun, it was really cool getting to meet a lot of you guys :3 I don't know if next year will happen for me or not (I hope so!) But at the moment I'm planning to do fancy dreamer Tavros!

#6 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

comin on back of course. its always fun to be doc scratch

#7 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 20 May 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

comin on back of course. its always fun to be doc scratch

Oh, which Scratch were you? Were you the one with the big cue ball head? I think you were here in 2011 too weren't you?

#8 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

yup. i was the one with the larger ball head
(http://aberrantkenos...gs-favorite-doc)
and i was also there for 2011 as well! :D

#9 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostAlphaKnight, on 22 May 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

yup. i was the one with the larger ball head
(http://aberrantkenos...gs-favorite-doc)
and i was also there for 2011 as well! :D

Oh ok, I definately remember you! You were awesome! =D

#10 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

aww thank you! :DD

#11 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Oh jeez you beat me to it! ^_^;

Allie N/laceypendragon reporting for duty.

Ran it this year. I'll be running the show again next year.

I'm super happy with how things went this year. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#12 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Haha, sorry for beating you to it!

But it went pretty well last year! As long as we have the megaphones with us again it should go pretty well. I was only able to make it to the Saturday shoot, so the only problem that I noticed was how everyone kept crowding the cosplayers. So maybe we should bring some chalk and draw a line on the pavement so everyone knows not to cross it & there'll be enough room for the cosplayers?
-----

#13 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just to clarify - are you saying to draw a line so people can't use a certain section of sidewalk?
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#14 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 28 May 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Just to clarify - are you saying to draw a line so people can't use a certain section of sidewalk?

Kind of? What I meant was we need to draw a boundary line, because the photographers have a tendency to move as close as possible to the cosplayers, so they don't have enough room to pose. If we box off an area of the meeting space that only the cosplayers who are being photographed can enter, then they'll have enough space to move around and won't feel as crowded & the photographers know they they shouldn't move any closer/take up more space.
-----

#15 User is offline   Closet Gaara 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61090

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Awesome! I unfortunately wasn't able to go as a Homestuck for 2012. But it was so much fun seeing all the others!

I'm going and I'll join your meetup. I'll be attending as Eridan Ampora. I also may have a friend coming with me as Sollux, but he is undecided yet.

But I WILL be there! :D
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Eridan Ampora: 25% completion

ACen 2009: Sabaku no Gaara, Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
ACen 2010: Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club), Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto), School Girl
ACen 2011: Kurama (Kamisama Kiss), Catgirl, Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto)
ACen 2012: Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto)

#16 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

It sounds like a potentially good idea, but we're not actually allowed to alter the con space or write on anything-even with chalk.

Perhaps I could ask staff of they'd make an exception as long as we make sure to scrub it off promptly when we're done with the shoot?

The loading docks are a difficult place for a group of our size because despite it's width, it's just not very deep. It's the largest meetup location that the con has to offer, but it's still a very difficult space for a group like ours. I've considered the possibility of asking for the convention center lobby for next year. (that was actually our weather backup location for 2011) It could feasibly either go well or not very well. We'd have more space depth, but we would also be in a confined space, and the noise could get overwhelming. I've also considered breaking up into several photoshoots, (kids, trolls, miscellaneous) but it would be kind of a bummer if it had to come to that. Variety is part of the fun, you know?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.

#17 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

As far as cosplay goes, I'm not planning on doing any big homestuck projects next year. (my real focus will be bioshock) So I might either bring Rose out of retirement, (do a version of her I haven't done before), debut as Aradia (which I was originally going to do for a meetup that I unfortunately had to miss due to a family emergency), or bring out Vriska or Jade again. If all goes well, I'll be doing a sailors out Vriska in a group.
---

#18 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on 29 May 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

It sounds like a potentially good idea, but we're not actually allowed to alter the con space or write on anything-even with chalk.

Oh, darn, I didn't know about that. Maybe we could use tape so that we can just peel it off at the end of the shoot?
-----

#19 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Again, no altering of con space - that goes for tape, too.

Your best bet is to politely ask photographers to back up so that cosplayers have space to pose.
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#20 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 30 May 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Again, no altering of con space - that goes for tape, too.

Your best bet is to politely ask photographers to back up so that cosplayers have space to pose.

Staff has spoken-thusly, we'll oblige.
---

#21 User is offline   blatantEternity 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61325

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

shhhhh delete this old post

This post has been edited by blatantEternity: 11 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

2014 cosplays:
Girl Cass (Supernatural)
Fancy Dreamer Calliope, possibly Kanaya Maryam (Homestuck)
Lanier (Mabinogi)

halopatrol.co.vu

#22 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'll probably be showing up as Eridan and maybe Dark Leer if I can finish it in time.
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#23 User is offline   Closet Gaara 

• Pip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm posting again to confirm that I am going as Eridan and for sure am bringing a Vriska and a Sollux. I am possibly bringing a Karkat and a Nepeta, possibly a few others, too.

ACen 2010: Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club), Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto), School Girl

#24 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

The Handmaid isn't going to happen, but I'm going to try for another Ancestor... either the Condesce or Dualscar (since I do have a Scottish accent ^_^ )
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#25 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I just realized that I never mentioned my cosplay plans despite all of my posts in this thread so far... whoops!

If all goes well, I'll be going as Rose in the qrimdark outfit (I probably won't be grimdark though!), and I'm going to try to go as Aradiasprite!
-----

#26 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

I just recently saw something important floating around that I think everyone here should see: (link because long story :u)

I know quite a few people brought Faygo to the photoshoots and smaller meetups this year, and thankfully nothing happened (to my knowledge!). However, there's always a risk, and regardless of how true this story may be, this proves that our fandom is not immune to it. If someone offers you a drink, make sure that it's safe (Unopened can, You saw them open it, etc.), because we don't need anyone else getting hurt!
-----

#27 User is offline   Closet Gaara 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Bringin' the whole trollslum now!

#28 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostJennifurAB, on 11 June 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

I just recently saw something important floating around that I think everyone here should see: (link because long story :u)

I know quite a few people brought Faygo to the photoshoots and smaller meetups this year, and thankfully nothing happened (to my knowledge!). However, there's always a risk, and regardless of how true this story may be, this proves that our fandom is not immune to it. If someone offers you a drink, make sure that it's safe (Unopened can, You saw them open it, etc.), because we don't need anyone else getting hurt!

(Regardless of whether or not the story is true...as it seems the source was rather sketchy...there's still a realistic threat in this...)
And yet another reason for the HS fandom to be catching smack...what do these imbeciles (ie, the three mentioned in the story) think they were trying to accomplish? I mean really? That's just....wow. No. No. You don't do that... <facepalms>

But I agree 100%. I would even go so far as to say that the Homestuck fandom is more vulnerable to this because of the crazy emphasis on Faygo. I would say don't even take a drink from someone else, just to be 100% sure. (I feel like Equius with all these "100%'s" XD)

((Another good point to add...it's always safer in groups. If you are by yourself be on your toes. Not to say that conventions are more dangerous, but have common sense.))

This post has been edited by Inkwell09: 18 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#29 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Really, that should apply to anyone, anywhere, not just within this group...but indeed, vigilance should be key. I'm cautious by nature, so I generally don't accept open drinks, especially from/around people I don't know.

#30 User is offline   Riyoyo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61598

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ah I'm glad to see someone is already putting up this thread.
I don't have Homestuck currently scheduled! I was going to do Disciple, but something something other costumes.
I am likely to bring along one of my costumes from AWA (Roxy most likely) so I can still come to shoots and stuff though. <3
2013 Cosplay Plans
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Trickster!Jane
lots of lolita coords

Past cosplays
2012 Cosplays: God Tier Nepeta (Homestuck), God Tier Jade Harley (Homestuck), Atom Shirt Jade Harley (Homestuck)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users