• This topic is locked

Hallway Contest 2012 Feedback

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Obviously there is a whole mess of things going on right now with my department, but I still want to know what you guys thought about this year.

Things I'm already thinking about changing:
-No one showed up on Thursday, so I'm completely nixing being open on Thursday
-Thinking about restructuring awards a little bit
-Next year we WILL have a photo booth, if I have to do it my damned self, it ended up falling through because of elements out of my control
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Thank you for doing the Hall Cosplay this year! I really appreciate the ability to compete and show off my hard work without the stress of doing a walk-on at Masq. The judges were engaged and positive, and didn't make me feel rushed or hurried.

What I think might be useful for next year would be maybe an official greeter, somebody whose main job is to sit near the entrance and answer cosplayers' questions about Hall competition, the form you fill out to enter, the wait, etc. I know you and another department head lady (cactusmomma?) were doing that when you were in the room, but you both had to leave to put out (metaphorical) fires, and I ended up chatting with a couple people who poked their heads in (I do customer service at a public library -- answering confused shy looks is an ingrained reflex at this point). This is nothing against you or anything like that, just a suggestion for maybe having a backup "face person" on hand for when you have to go out and kick butts into line. :)

Also, if it is possible, I would love to get judges' feedback (at some point, doesn't have to be at-con), so I know what I need to work on for next year!

Thanks again!

#3 User is offline   iroha 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62388

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello thread! I was one of the hallway cosplay judges (I sat in the middle of the table all weekend) and I'd be happy to provide feedback for any contestants regarding their costumes. I'll see if I can get my fellow judges to join the thread.

Thank you again to everyone who came in & showed off their hard work to us, and thank you to our lovely Hallway Cosplay ADH Jessie for organizing the whole thing! I know she wasn't able to spend as much time in the room as she planned, but we made it through somehow (although it was pretty cold in there!). We did get a bit backed up a couple times, when people arrived around the same time.

Tokoz, can you tell me what day you came in and what costume you wore? I can PM you with feedback on your costume.

#4 User is offline   den 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62401

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

ok I am a 20year con-veteran and 5year ACen veteran, but have only gotten into cosplay myself the past few years, I build props and run duel singer heavy duty sewing machines for costumes in my art loft for mainly my friends and my kids costumes, I am usually on hand for repairs and touch ups and to hold cameras and bags when people ask to take pictures, don't get me wrong you really enjoy it when people like your work even if your not wearing it, I have seen my ewok spear I made for my starwars buddy on almost every pic link and it is very satisfying.

but have only recently been able to participate and am looking to start entering costumes in contests but have no idea where to begin. I noticed masquerade sign ups start in jan, is that correct? and what is the hall contest? and how do you sign up for that. and one more annoying question, we are planning a very elaborate group project would you recommend that for Masquerade or hall?
Tobey Maguire is the only true Spiderman

#5 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

So I kind of have a gripe.

I was planning on entering my GLaDOS cosplay on Friday. I checked the thread on Friday morning to figure out what room this would be in, but I couldn't find it.

So I went to the program, and could not find it there either.

So finally, I went and found some staff. I asked the prop check people if they knew where it was. They'd never heard of it, so they told me to ask IRT. So I asked a pair of IRT. They had no idea either. So they found 2 more IRT with radios to see if they could find out anything, and they couldn't. None of them had any idea what I was talking about. Not only did they not know where it was, they had no idea it even existed. If I hadn't accompanied my friend to be judged last year, I'd have thought I was crazy.

I went through like 7 staff members that day, and none of them were able to help me. Friday was the only day I was able to enter, so I totally missed my chance and I was really dissapointed by that.

This post has been edited by sweetbeanpaste: 27 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users