• This topic is locked

Hallway Contest 2012 Feedback

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Obviously there is a whole mess of things going on right now with my department, but I still want to know what you guys thought about this year.

Things I'm already thinking about changing:
-No one showed up on Thursday, so I'm completely nixing Thursday hours
-Thinking about restructuring awards a little bit
-Next year we WILL have a photo booth, if I have to do it my damned self, it ended up falling through because of elements out of my control
-Obviously the hours need to change again since Thursday was a bust
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   iroha 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62388

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hello everyone,

One of your Hallway Cosplay judges here - I am happy to provide feedback to any entries looking for advice, feedback or answers to questions about their costumes. If you post here, please include what you wore and what day you came in. I can PM you so the conversation can stay private. Or you can PM me, too.

I can also ask the other judges to join in so you can get up to 3 judges worth of feedback :)

#3 User is offline   MomoKurumi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 48323

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Despite it all, I had a blast, and so did my friend! It was her first masquerade and she's excited to do more. =) I know I will be back at ACen's masquerade next year, since I saw how much the masquerade staff truly cares about the event and works hard to make it happen as they have envisioned. It's unfortunate that so many things fell through, but it's definitely a scenario that I empathize with. I'm like the posterchild of Murphy's Law... Anyways, it was nice of that one photographer to at least come in and do a few shots of us in the green room! I feel embarrassed to admit that despite doing a photoshoot with her earlier that day, I lost her business card and have forgotten her name. <_> Would anyone here know who she is and where to find her? It would be much appreciated if you did! XD

So, had they happened, I was totally looking forward to half time show and photobooth! They are among some of the things that I don't usually see at masquerades, plus perhaps you could have a more engaging awards ceremony? I mean, ignoring this year's ACen, many awards at the end of the masquerades in general kind of get thrown under the bus when the audience just gets up and leave, so perhaps try and schedule something *after* awards to keep the audience around to see who got what. =) Maybe a surprise guest or skit or something? Keep it last, though, so once awards are over, there's no worrying about delaying the masquerade!
ACen 2013 Cosplays:

Friday: Still debating, but probably Disney!
Saturday: Sheryl Nome (cowgirl) + surprise cosplay
Sunday: Tinkerbell

#4 User is offline   Myon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62255

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi! I was the Youmu from Koumajou Densetsu. This was the first time I'd done a hall contest (or even any cosplay event at an actual convention), so I didn't really know what to expect when I went in, but I was really happy about how easy the overall process was. The judges were really nice (and knowledgeable about my character and series, which I was quite pleasantly surprised at) and it pretty much went way smoother than I thought it might.
It was a little more confusing at the actual masquerade, though I suppose that was partially my fault since I couldn't keep my cell phone on me (haven't quite figured out how to sew pockets, haha), and my roommate was only able to find me to tell me he'd gotten a call like right when the masquerade started. I'm not sure if there were instructions on what to do in the phone message, I think it was a bit hard to hear, but I was kinda confused when I went in, so I guess I ended up sort of in the wrong section. But again, prolly more my fault than anything else.

I'd definitely like to hear feedback on my costume, though! I pretty much just entered to see how things work, and since I liked how my sword turned out, so I was super surprised and excited to hear that I'd gotten an award. And especially since I'm still really new to the whole costuming thing, it'd be really useful to get feedback to guide how I do my future cosplays as well.
Thanks!

edit: Oops, forgot to mention that I came in Friday around 5:30 or so. I think I was entry 13?

This post has been edited by Myon: 05 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

#5 User is offline   iroha 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62388

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hi Myon,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling and not spending enough time at the computer to make a proper reply. I will PM you with feedback on your costume by tomorrow though!

#6 User is offline   TwilightDucky 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 30025

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hey! My husband and I were Polka and Chopin from eternal sonata and we had a blast! it was so much fun doing hallway contest!! I was blown away when we won best group, i remember my first ACen a three years back, looking at my husband during masquerade and saying "someday... i'd really like to win one of those 'crystal' trophies" he laughed and said "you will" :D i'm so glad i finally worked up the nerve to enter the contest! it was so fun and so easy i dont know what i was so nervous about! and even with the late start to masquerade and crazy fire alarm it was still an amazing experience! cant wait to do it again next ACen!! :D

This post has been edited by TwilightDucky: 31 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Acen 2012 Cosplay:
Himeno as White Pretear (Pretear) 40% complete
Ciel Phantomhive (black butler) 5% complete
Quarian (Mass Effect) 10% complete

"somethings i'll never know...and I had to let them go.."

#7 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hello! I know that this is WAY late (like...a couple of years) but I participated in the 2011 Hallway Contest as Anthy - Rose Bride - from Utena(I came Saturday I believe). I wanted to know if I could receive any notes on my cosplay? - there is a picture in my signature.

I really enjoyed competing with you guys. It was really comfortable and even though I was nervous you did not attack me with fancy words and no one badmouthed my choices of materials (like Crayola Model magic ^_^ )

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 01 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users