Anime Central Forums: The Incident 2012 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Incident 2012 It made my Saturday more memorable!

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

A majority of us experienced what almost every large con has gone through at least once. A fire alarm goes off, and it doesn't matter if it is a real fire or not we have to evacuate. Now we can look back and laugh, and pray this never happens again!

Please share your pictures or videos(see disclaimer at the bottom first) of the crowd if any of them turned out. It was getting dark out, so we had our ISO cranked up to try and capture the event.

We took this opportunity to take some interesting and artistic shots, as well as documenting the crowd.

You can see my entire album here (there are only 8 photos and 1 blurry panorama which was about 8 photos combined).

Posted Image
Artsy shots! Look how cool this turned out!

Posted Image
Oh hi everyone! This is moments before they let the crowd back into the lobby. We somehow were let in before everyone else so we went to our room.
The moment we got in our delivery guy called and said he was waiting down the street for us. We had to go down when everyone was going up.

Small disclaimer:
When in public spaces where you are lawfully present you have the right to photograph anything that is in plain view. However, in our state we have a wiretapping law in effect. Please do not post videos wherein police are present(in the video) and can be heard.

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   Sai077 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57152

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

We can look back and laugh? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people are upset that the Masq. was cut short? I don't think a single person is laughing. This fire alarm basically screwed up the whole con.

This post has been edited by Sai077: 03 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostSai077, on 03 May 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

We can look back and laugh? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people are upset that the Masq. was cut short? I don't think a single person is laughing. This fire alarm basically screwed up the whole con.

The people involved in the Masq got comped badges for next year and many apologies. They made a tough call, and from what I have read it was either cut the Masq or cut part of the next program that followed it.

Most importantly, what has happened can't be changed. It was out of ACen's control, so I have no negative feels toward them.

Harboring anger isn't my thing. I can look back and laugh. Even though it caused our dinner to be late and made me miss the only panel I wanted to go to, I still can't stay mad.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#4 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostDavenEvanXaviour, on 03 May 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

The people involved in the Masq got comped badges for next year and many apologies. They made a tough call, and from what I have read it was either cut the Masq or cut part of the next program that followed it.

i think they couldve cut part of the next program, which was the soap bubble if im not mistaken. the soap bubble goes on way past the time its supposed to end every year, how would starting it an hour or so late hurt?

This post has been edited by Tiamat97: 03 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#5 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

You guys are taking this thread off topic. From what I heard, even without the fire alarm they'd probably have had to cut the masq short.

Anyways, I can't look at your pics now, but I will when I'm home from work! I wish I'd taken some pictures. I happened to leave the hotel like 5 minutes before this happened and the flood of people that came out was unbelievable.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#6 User is offline   hydrageon123 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62194

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

i was originally going to go to the masquarade but since it would last extremelly long it would mess up with some of the panels i wanted to go to. i wished it was held earlier in the day instead. i was in the arcade when the fire alarm went off. i was pissed off when i was looking for videos of the 2012 masqurade on youtube and theres wasn't really any videos about it. who ever pulled the fire alarm should go to hell. i feel very bad for those people who couldn't perform their skits because of a stupid rave. people that only come to acen just to go to the rave just sicken me. the masquarde is the main reason anime conventions exist not for raves. people get hurt and pervs can take advantage of people. acen needs to make sure somthing like never happens again

This post has been edited by hydrageon123: 05 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

I like to be called by the name Fer. as in Feraligatr

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users