• This topic is locked

2012 Registration Gripes

#1 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Please post constructive criticism for registration here. Let us know what did not work for you regarding registration so we can continue to improve.
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#2 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

I just wanted to say you guys worked like lightning on Thursday! Last year I had to take a friend for a last minute badge, we got there at 8pm and didn't leave until 1am. This year a different friend needed a last minute badge, we got there at 5 and were out within 2 hours! So awesome job on that ^^

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize there was a separate thread for compliments, oh well xD

This post has been edited by Washu Takahashi: 03 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 30%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 60%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 20%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#3 User is offline   mindue 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60684

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

I think it was awesome on thursday and friday, but from what I saw on Saturday it was a nightmare.

#4 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Prepaid panelist badges need to be mailed, period. Waiting in line for between 2-3 hours on Friday with 5 people ahead of me was ridiculous. I waited in the giant line on Saturday with my friend, and she got her badge in about the same period.

I'm one of them that Melinda sent from the place in the Hyatt to the main will call area. I actually waited in 4 lines total: first big line in the main room where my email said to show up, then I had to move to the other line because that one "was only for problem badges", then Melinda sent us to the big room, where we waited in the far right line on the will call wall, then we got moved to another will call window. No one knew what the hell was going on in line, no one came up to ask us what was going on, or gave us any updates.

Hi, we as panelists add content and meaning to your convention. (and oftentimes spend more time prepping than we'd care to admit).. especially when guests are announced so late, what else does the convention have to ride on for content?

I'm reconsidering attending ACen at all next year because of this. There's no good reason panelist badges can't be mailed.

You're worried about people getting panelist badges then cancelling their panel? Have scanners at the doors for the main hallways, and scan all the badges that come in. That would also eliminate the people wearing badges from years past and not having one this year, or people that are swapping badges to get different accesses. That way you could also manually revoke people's badges if they've been banned before, whatnot.

Would it be a pain in the butt? yes. Would it be helpful overall to the con? Absolutely.

(but to me it makes more sense to rent out the entire convention center instead of having it spread over multiple places, as well. The scanner plan would work better with that.)

I don't want to hear "oh it can't be done" because amphitheaters do it just fine and for a lot of them their attendance far outstrips ACen. It's a matter of committing to the plan and then enacting it.
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users