Photoshoot feedback

#31 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 01 May 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

This year had the same problem of larger cosplay groups over running or blocking the smaller groups at the loading docks, forcing the smaller group to relocate to another location.

Our Persona meet up on Friday for one was completely blocked from our location by the Homestuck group and even when asked to make room at our designated location we were shut down by them and no IRT was visible to get help resolving the situation. In the end we relocated to across the street from the loading docks for our shoot.

I think IRT should possibly have one or two people stationed at the loading docks in case this happens again in the future.

Feels the same way although we had a alright group for Angel Beats! but the Homestuck people were kinda creeping in so I got their attention and had them move for me then when our time slot was up we moved accordingly where amazingly there was nobody else at the loading docks a little ways down so we did our extra pictures there.

BUT other than that Cactusmomma it was pretty funny meeting you in the Lower Dome Friday night =] I liked surprising you by telling you who I was.
ACen 15"
Utsuho 100%
Siesta 00 100%

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#32 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

View Post-JUNK-, on 10 May 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

BUT other than that Cactusmomma it was pretty funny meeting you in the Lower Dome Friday night =] I liked surprising you by telling you who I was.

Neerrrrrrrd! (Don't mess with the heads of the sick and ailing~ :zombie:) But thank you so much for sharing space with the Tiger & Bunny group.. the weather outside was absolutely unacceptable for anyone to be out in.

For the record, we did have cold and rain backups posted up here.. the leaders for each group were supposed to make the call and move the groups accordingly. I did talk to a couple meets about it (Final Fantasy, I love you guys. Thanks for making sense of all this confusion!) and we tried to get as many people inside as possible.

#33 User is offline   plutostar 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61406

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I remember at the docks there were 2 staff members. there was a lady for the Doctor Who shoot that made it helpful of which docks are where. Then there was also a male staffer. The male staffer was helping the Katekyo Hitman Reborn shoot of where our back up spot was, mainly because we were cold, had kids, and girls in skirts.
ACen '13:
Genderbent Broly- DBZ (Friday)
Visual Kei Male Stocking- PSG
Shotarou- Kamen Rider W (Saturday)
Lance/Avalanche- X-men Evolution
Soi from fushigi yugi

#34 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, the staffers that hang with Doctor Who are with our wonderful ADA Compliance department and they've been awesome with all of the help they've put through. I am so stealing them next year. (Kidding, Smokey!) :shuriken:

#35 User is offline   Kamiokande 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61736

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostSoldier Saturn, on 10 May 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

At the Pokemon photoshoot on Friday, there was actually someone who pretended to be staff and forced pokemon to move over a dock space (even though pokemon was labeled to be there in the book SOUL CALIBUR! >_< ). This wasn't bad because there was more then enough room on the side of us (why they didn't just go over there...) Point is there was no 'real staff member' to solve this problem and no labels on or near the docks. This was my first time here so I don't know if these are labeled normally or they are 'just as long as they are in that area' type thing.

I don't remember that specific move, but this video http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jReue7lOsI8 shows Pokemon cosplayers in Loading Dock A. That was the correct place for the photoshoot. At 0:34, a guy with long hair, a mustache, a black and yellow trench coat, and a purple and white tie is in the background near the left. If that's the guy who forced you to move, it's okay because that's a cosplay staffer (me). Even if it was someone else, it's not much of a problem since A was the correct location and had more room than the Soul Calibur photoshoot in C.

This post has been edited by Kamiokande: 10 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

#36 User is offline   Soldier Saturn 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62079

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostKamiokande, on 10 May 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I don't remember that specific move, but this video http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jReue7lOsI8 shows Pokemon cosplayers in Loading Dock A. That was the correct place for the photoshoot. At 0:34, a guy with long hair, a mustache, a black and yellow trench coat, and a purple and white tie is in the background near the left. If that's the guy who forced you to move, it's okay because that's a cosplay staffer (me). Even if it was someone else, it's not much of a problem since A was the correct location and had more room than the Soul Calibur photoshoot in C.

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't directly involved when it happened but a lot people thought the staff was possibly a fake since they were in the right spot and there was no real way of making out which spot is which. If pokemon was in the wrong spot, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem (like it wasn't a problem this year) but it seemed everyone was confused about the docks since there were no labels telling which is which? Were we supposed to go by doors? (I don't remember how many there were) And no one seemed to know how it worked from the previous year (I wouldn't know) if there were labels or how it went. But I'm happy it was a real one and not some one being mean or what not. The more concern was for the cold weather though.

This post has been edited by Soldier Saturn: 14 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

#37 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 01 May 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

This year had the same problem of larger cosplay groups over running or blocking the smaller groups at the loading docks, forcing the smaller group to relocate to another location.

Our Persona meet up on Friday for one was completely blocked from our location by the Homestuck group and even when asked to make room at our designated location we were shut down by them and no IRT was visible to get help resolving the situation. In the end we relocated to across the street from the loading docks for our shoot.

I think IRT should possibly have one or two people stationed at the loading docks in case this happens again in the future.

SO THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T FIND THE SHOOT FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES! D8<
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#38 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

I was the one in charge of both homestuck gatherings. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for anyone we encroached on. We're a big group, so I could only be aware of so much of what was going on around the periphery of our group. I'll be running them again next year as well. If anything like that happens, seek me out. I have a megaphone, so I'm easy to identify. If my group is in your way, just make sure I know about it and I'll promptly make sure we either mover or disperse.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users