Anime Central Forums: Well, that just happened - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Well, that just happened Any bad experiences during your stay?

#1 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

How do I even start this off? I can't say this is similar to the other topic with the rude cosplayers but maybe you had some bad experience in general.

This year was my fifth one and it's been expensive, tiring and exciting all at the same time. Out of the years I've been there, I've never been as exhausted as I have been this year. Couldn't even sleep in the hotel room knowing I'd have to be up, dressed and out just to spend the day with some friends but it was worth it in some sense. But I'm not complaining about that.

While I was about to go to the parking garage dressed as Sander Cohen (white face make up, eye liner and all that jazz) on Saturday night, I was waiting for a couple to pay for their parking ticket. They weren't there for the convention at all, definitely in their 40's and both well dressed. The woman turned to me and said with a smile, "It doesn't look like the machine is reading our card. Maybe yours will work? I don't know." All I did was smile back and say, "That sucks, sorry to hear. Do you need any help?" The husband being frustrated enough since the card wasn't being read all of a sudden turned to me, looked at as his wife, back at me and said, "You're talking to a screwing clown. As if he'd pay for our ticket." She left before him and as he's walking out I just couldn't let that low life say that to me so all I said was, "It's called being generous. Courteous. Who knows if I would have paid for it too." He gave me the worst look as if he was about to hit me. I was waiting for that to happen because honestly I was ready to put him down for calling me a "screwing clown". Instead he said nothing and just walked off all upset.

I wouldn't have helped him out for what he said to me either way so on the way home I paid for some stranger's toll instead.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#2 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

That's awful. o-o I've never had any bad experiences with anyone staying at the hotel, con-goers or not. I say inappropriate comments like that are uncalled for.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#3 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I couldn't believe a complete stranger said that to me. I feel like I shut him up with what I said and I'm sure his wife felt embarrassed that he said something like that to someone in public too. She didn't even wait for him after he said it, she just walked off.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#4 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well, if you wanta laugh in a "are you joking" kind of way. me, my 2 friends (a pedobear and a DMC 3 dante) are walking back to the aloft through the parking garage. and its near the end of the night. As we are nearing the end we are nearing a group walking toward us. A real none issue it's a con an all but one of them just pulled the group into our path and just gets near prison rule's close and goes "man you ain't got no business wearing that, your bi%ch @$$ ain't cut (it sounds racist but A he was black..and B i can't type as poorly as he spoke) Now, First off, my friend isn't out of shape in the least, nor is he ripped and 1 % percent body fat but he pulled off a good dante (i'll link him below) But this exchange was one of the few times i was tempted to commit a hate crime due to the pure ignorance and near epic level of trolling this was. He was clearing looking to start something, the pedobear just starting humping at him and i was in my star wars outfit while debating if i'd really wanta break a saber over this jackhole's head. (Force Fx, damn things are expensive.) Luckly, or saddly...still not sure, my friend was lost in thought and just grunted a "ah huh" and didn't even comment till we were about 50 feet from the doorway to the hotel before i hear" wait..did that jacko## just insult me or was that ghetto for something?" I mean, i'm still fuming over it as that's just pure black guy ghetto ego on the insulters part. And i'm rather certain the guy was going to the anime con so one would assume he liked anime and MOST people who like anime are joyfilled to see other anime lovers. Yet this person decided to go with his posse and look for fights with white guys in costume?

(friend was the one in the bright red jacket)
https://www.facebook...&type=1

This post has been edited by Nikku: 30 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#5 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

I definitely heard some other lolitas commenting on my loli getup : "Oh my god, her pinks are different colors! how could she even THINK of wearing that?!"

I couldn't help but just laugh about it, because what else can i do?
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

#6 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

I was also called a faggot by a driver but I guess that's common to hear from idiots on the street.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#7 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

View Postnouseforaname, on 01 May 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

I was also called a faggot by a driver but I guess that's common to hear from idiots on the street.

Was it this guy?
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#8 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Brush it off your shoulders, they're comments coming from people with nothing worth paying attention to.

#9 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postrondo, on 01 May 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Brush it off your shoulders, they're comments coming from people with nothing worth paying attention to.

That didn't bother me at all. The guy at the park garage did though.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#10 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

My friends and I were walking back to our car Saturday evening in the CTA lot, and some random chick driving from her car was screaming some random expletives about how everyone walking past were nerds and whatever. I just glared and muttered some unmentionable things for the forums under my breath, much to some surprise to my friends since I usually censor what I say and they have to coax me to say curse words at times. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#11 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 61862

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Unfortunately, things of that nature tend to happen due to the fact that we haven't yet been able to get rid of the stigma cosplaying has...that it is either creepy, or childish, depending on who you talk to.

I've gotten 'Aren't you a little old to be playing dress up?' a few times, but nothing much worse....I just brush it all off, since at the end of the day, the random commentary really doesn't matter. If we enjoy it, why should we stop just because a few close minded people think we should?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users