Anime Central Forums: Drunk guy slapped my friend's butt - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Drunk guy slapped my friend's butt What should I do when this happens?

#1 User is offline   Kimmi Chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 48073

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Saturday night, I was with my two friends (one male and one female) and my female friend was standing recording us sitting and acting silly. I think we were in the executive wing of the hotel? (I really don't know, I always stay in the Embassy so I don't know how this Hyatt works) so we were away from the hustle and bustle of the Hyatt lobby.

So the next thing I know, the elevator doors open and this posse of drunk people walk out and the male slaps my friend's butt (the one who was standing) and then gives me a high five. We could tell they were extremely drunk. My friend was so embarrassed and felt terribly violated, it ruined the rest of her night. I had no idea what to do.

Later, the idiots came back and my male friend said "I want you to apologize to my friend" which of course, he was too drunk to understand, so he started blabbing "I'll apologize to YOU! I'll slap your butt, man!" and tried to give him a hug. Then, I'm not sure how it happened but I think he started getting mad and looked like he was going to start hitting my female friend, but his drunk (what I assume was his) girlfriend starting, I don't know, humping his butt while dancing (some kind of mating ritual?) and pushed him away, back into the elevator to leave. What the screw?

I was ready to beat the crap out of him if he touched her again, but thank God it didn't come to that because, surely, I'd be arrested for murder and banned from ACen >.>

But I felt so helpless. I mean, what am I supposed to do when that happens? I don't want to get into a fight, but I'm ready if necessary. Help?
Music is my life ^_^ Zunage XD
Totoro, Totoro...

#2 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

The first thing you should ever do when confronted with predatory behavior is to get away from the assailant.

The second thing you should do is inform IRT. That's about all you can do in these situations.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#3 User is offline   Kimmi Chan 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostJeff, on 30 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

The first thing you should ever do when confronted with predatory behavior is to get away from the assailant.

The second thing you should do is inform IRT. That's about all you can do in these situations.

Thank you. That's pretty good advice.
Totoro, Totoro...

#4 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Basically what Jeff said. Confronting them isn't going to do anything. People with normal, logical minds don't think its okay to go around slapping females on the behind, drunk or not.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#5 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

You did the right thing by NOT going after the person :thumbup: but you should've
gone to the I.R.T.S and they would've taken care of the person...

BEING DRUNK IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO DUMB STUFF!!!

Later B)

#6 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

What they said~

I commend you for not acting out - I know how tempting it can be. But indeed, we are there because of things like that. IRT isn't just a word, it stands for Incident Response Team. We have procedures for many things, your situation among them. Don't be afraid to let us know if it happens. We take these incidents very seriously.

For what it's worth, I'm very sorry it happened to you and your friends.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#7 User is offline   Kimmi Chan 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks to everyone. Next time I'll be sure to find some IRT to help me. I'm just always intimidated by them >.< They look so fancy.
Totoro, Totoro...

#8 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

IRT is filled with allot of cool people. Don't be afraid to go up to them if you need something.
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#9 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

• Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, just inform the irt ppl, i think they are located on the check in floor by that glass atrium stuff. too many of them walk around inside at nighttime with sunglasses on to see abuse like that. just got to let them know.

#10 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

If this was around 11pm-12am ish on the SAturday to SUnday transitioning time frame, then this is the same arsewad that shoved/yanked me down the Hyatt escalator, knocked me down face first into about 3 people, grabbed the guy in front of me he was hitting on's butt, then bolted off to the Soap Bubble. I called out out a loud HEY ASSH*LE but no response to that crap he pulled; he ran past an IRT/black vested person on his way past, was witnessed by an entire escalator of people, and made enough of a scene to be recalled, so I assumed he would either be caught or someone else would deck him. At that point I just sorta fumed on my way to the cafe for a Dinner Of Champions and a drink at the bar to soothe my feet and now-bruised hip (it's a lovely shade of black today); after the medical crazy I lived this weekend, it was a minor annoyance overall, but enough of a problem to recall after and galre bitterly if I ever encounter him again (because yes that is just so productive right).
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#11 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Also if you happened to catch his badge name maybe? Then that might help track him down if you have similar problems another time. Hope your friend is okay.

#12 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 02 May 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Also if you happened to catch his badge name maybe? Then that might help track him down if you have similar problems another time. Hope your friend is okay.

The one in my case had no visible badge anywhere on his person.

Hot pink short shorts, a tank top that was either white or light pink and looked to have had foam stamp words on it, more sparkle than Edward Cullen, may or may not have had tights on. Short dirty blondish hair, light eyes (either blue or very drunk light grey/green), pale complexion, reeked of hard liquor. A head and a half taller than me, me just a little shorter when on the stair above him , so roughly in the 5'8"-5'11" range. He was visibly staggering, falling over, and when he took off, running like a drunk giraffe.

Not much to go on, but hey, maybe one of the hotel cams saw this dude running around......
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#13 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I hate having to be the one to say it but i'm in the camp that acen could do without the raves all together. I mean, half or more of the incidents with assasults and manhandling of woman happen between the times of the rave and the long line waiting. I only went to it once my first year....regretted it quickly. Sure we could have A rave but it shouldn't a draw. Because look at the people it attracts. Drunks, druggies and the worse...club fiends.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#14 User is offline   Kyuu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostNikku, on 03 May 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

I hate having to be the one to say it but i'm in the camp that acen could do without the raves all together.

People have been doing the drunk, getting rowdy on Saturday night thing well before Soap Bubble even started. So, I wouldn't point the "rave" as the reason for all this.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users