Anime Central Forums: Hetalia, Hetalia, Hetalia! 2013 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hetalia, Hetalia, Hetalia! 2013 Because pasta saves lives.

#31 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

To Everyone as a note: I can understand not wanting offensive signs, but it is not as if the action of the cosplayer is offensive so everything should not be taken so seriously.

This is role playing for pete sakes--I do not know about everyone else, but I will not put bread on the table and pay my taxes with cosplay. There are more productive things to do than argue over the past now. This is now, not then. Let's look forward for the future and strive to make the next meet with as less problems as possible. I am sure we can do it! So let's not try to raise any tension here because this is meant to be fun. :<

Everyone has different views. Everyone has different opinions. But the matter of fact right now is that arguing over the internet is CHILDISH. Everyone here is not in elementary school. We are all adults.

Act like it.

to cosplay love monster, I'll be looking forward to your cosplay :3 I'm sure it will look stunning!

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 11 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#32 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

(How about we simplify things?)

No.
One.
Ever.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
The.
Swastika.
Argument.
EVER.
AGAIN.
Now, let's make PASTA not WAR.
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#33 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 39777

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 11 May 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

No.
One.
Ever.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
The.
Swastika.
Argument.
EVER.
AGAIN.

Good motto xD
JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#34 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

No.
One.
Ever.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
The.
Swastika.
Argument.
EVER.
AGAIN.

Someone give this person an award. You have won the Internet :'3
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0

#35 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

No.
One.
Ever.
Wants.
To.
Hear.
The.
Swastika.
Argument.
EVER.
AGAIN.

This. I am going to be talking to my DH about this -again- for this next year. I mean, this year.. I saw a couple Nazi costumes and on an ensemble level, they were really nice. I even got the best shot of an Indiana Jones cosplayer going up against some Nazis... but I do see where it's a sensitive subject that does need to be taken into consideration.

Play nice, kids. This is a game of dress-up. As long as you don't embrace the ideals or act like Hitler, you won't bring as much attention to yourself. The world wars ended in 1945, please don't keep them going.

#36 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 39777

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 11 May 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

This. I am going to be talking to my DH about this -again- for this next year. I mean, this year.. I saw a couple Nazi costumes and on an ensemble level, they were really nice. I even got the best shot of an Indiana Jones cosplayer going up against some Nazis... but I do see where it's a sensitive subject that does need to be taken into consideration.

Play nice, kids. This is a game of dress-up. As long as you don't embrace the ideals or act like Hitler, you won't bring as much attention to yourself. The world wars ended in 1945, please don't keep them going.

I'm pretty sure if I was acting like Hitler, my uniforms would be made of only the finest sequin-fabric! XD
JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#37 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

You had better be dancing with a flamboyant fashion designer in the springtime.

#38 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostLoveLetters, on 11 May 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Someone give this person an award. You have won the Internet :'3

Thank you :3
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#39 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

To update on my cosplay, the flapper fem!America is happening. I have the fabric for it now. The great thing is that I was a flapper for Halloween a few years back so I get to reuse some of the accessories.

View PostLoveLetters, on 11 May 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

To Everyone as a note: I can understand not wanting offensive signs, but it is not as if the action of the cosplayer is offensive so everything should not be taken so seriously.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but his behavior is offensive. He cries "bullying" when he is clearly trying to starts fights with anyone who disagrees with him. He said "I'm glad I showed up to the photoshoot uncensored, we got the right people's attention." That made it pretty clear he was trying to start a fight with the organizers for making a rule he didn't agree with. I didn't agree with the flag rule but I didn't try to start a bunch of drama with them over it.

I find his "I'm being bullied" attitude very offensive. I have experienced actual bullying, the type where I had reason to fear for my life. His "You won't let me wear a swastika in your photoshoot, I have to call the police" argument is a slap in the face to anyone who has experienced what bullying truly is.

This post has been edited by Santa Finland: 19 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

ACen 2015 Cosplays:
Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Chef
Aiichorou Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Maid
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) Regular and Formal
Absol (Pokemon) Gijinka
Alois Trancy (Black Bulter) Red Riding Hood

#40 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostSanta Finland, on 17 May 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

To update on my cosplay, the flapper fem!America is happening. I have the fabric for it now. The great thing is that I was a flapper for Halloween a few years back so I get to reuse some of the accessories.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but his behavior is offensive. He cries "bullying" when he is clearly trying to starts fights with anyone who disagrees with him. He said "I'm glad I showed up to the photoshoot uncensored, we got the right people's attention." That made it pretty clear he was trying to start a fight with the organizers for making a rule he didn't agree with. I didn't agree with the flag rule but I didn't try to start a bunch of drama with them over it.

I find his "I'm being bullied" attitude very offensive. I have experienced actual bullying, the type where I had reason to fear for my life. His "You won't let me wear a swastika in your photoshoot, I have to call the police" argument is a slap in the face to anyone who has experienced what bullying truly is.

That maybe so. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I was just saying in general so long as people do not act offensive. I am not saying either side was not being offensive and/or rude (even though I did not see it, I'm just making a point). My post was to everyone in general. I was not singling anyone out. This is meant to be fun, not bring up hurtful pasts.

Everyone, if you want to enjoy each others company and have a wonderful gathering, then make it so instead of raising tension and drama. There are just some things not worth bringing up, and not worth the aggravation of fighting over. If everyone is kind and considerate to each other I see no problem. And what cactusmomma said, as long as you're not ACTING like Hitler or Nazi then everything should be fine.

But what's done is done concerning this topic. Let's drop the subject and start something else...

So..how about them cosplays for 2013? :'3

This post has been edited by LoveLetters: 23 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

#41 User is offline   Bookworm555 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62468

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

So... Yeah, I'm new to the forums here, so this reply is probably too late, XD.

Anyways, for next year, I'm planning on going as all three Baltics (one for each day). I'll be Latvia for the photoshoot, though, since I heard ACen's never had a Latvia before...
I already have Lithuania's and Estonia's outfits (I was Estonia this year), but I'm planning on making Latvia's this summer.

I can't wait for next year's convention~!
ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Deidara (Naruto), Sasori (Naruto), Estonia/Eduard von Bock (Hetalia)

#42 User is offline   Fimbulvinter 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58831

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think I'll be bringing a Hetalia group with me..but I think I'm going to cosplay as Fem!Austria and bring my Violin along since my piano is too big o.o

This post has been edited by Fimbulvinter: 13 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

!*~ACen 2015 Cosplays~*!

Kirishima Ayato- Tokyo Ghoul
Luvoratorrrrry! Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Nishinoya Yuu- Haikyuu!!
Foxfire Ahri- League of Legends

#43 User is offline   faecakes 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61891

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

If I'm still into Hetalia by then I'll probably bring WWII Austria, Female Austria, or War of Austrian Succession Austria. Also depends on how hot it is and if I get booked up with other things or not.

#44 User is offline   cappaccino 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61605

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

I'll probably Spain, and bring my uke (lele >_>) with me. :D gonna learn a few spanish songs!~

This post has been edited by cappaccino: 08 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Acen 2012 cosplay: Flying Mint Bunny
Secret cosplay

#45 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think I'll go as 2P!Ameriko again, and maybe Chibimano~

But hey, I know that it's probably a longshot to try and get people out of con forums, but since there's no centralized place to make Hetalia meetups in the area, some friends and I made a facebook group. So if you'd like to be in the loop about meetups and such, please join and feel free to invite people. We're trying to plan Hetalia Day 2012.

But if there's already planning going on, then please let us know, since none of us could find anything and we don't want to tread on already existing events!

https://www.facebook...87313997946821/
ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#46 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

So, I'm having a dilemma. I was planning on bringing Finland back, because I like Finland and I like how it turned out and it's fun to wear.

And then I was like, "But I always wear Finland! I have nearly a year to do this! I should do something...different." I tend to do cosplays of my favorite characters, and my next-favorite characters happen to be Sweden and Russia. And I can't decide if I should make one of those instead or not, and if so, which one. I also feel like I need to decide soon so I don't end up last-minute-ing things. Argh.

Hetalia, y u have multiple characters that I really like?!?!

#47 User is offline   AmericanStereotype 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62662

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

This year is my first year going to ACen, so I am planning on joining the community with a bang. I don't have a schedule on what I'm going to wear for each day, but I'm planning on bringing my WWII!America, my almost completed Nerd!America, and my Halloween!America which I plan to start making very soon. I may also bring my Bardroy cosplay from Kuroshitsuji, but this is a Hetalia thread and I won't go into detail about that. I may also go as Canada, but that's very unlikely on my part.

Also, is anyone decided on running an Ask A Nation Panel for 2013? I'd love to take part in it if someone does!

This post has been edited by AmericanStereotype: 08 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

ACen 2013
Hetalia: WWII!America: 100% Nerd!America: 80% Halloween!America: 10%
Kuroshitsuji: Bardroy: 100%
My dA and My Tumblr

#48 User is offline   Stealthykitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62088

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello, tis I.... haven't been on the forum a while and plans have changed in a more permanent fashion :D

I was the male France last year at the photoshoot and have decided to cosplay Norway this year instead, France may be brought along again but only if I can get it workable

I am going to be accompanied by a super tall Denmark and my little Iceland :D

Along with a possible Chibi!Greece and another who is deciding between Lichtenstein, Fem! Canada, or Chibitalia....

EITHER WAY... I am adding about 5 soldiers to the Hetalia army :)
ACen 2015 Cosplay -

Francis Bonnefoy (France) - Hetalia - 100%
Twilight Sparkle - MLP:FiM - 98%
Uzu Sanageyama - Kill La Kill - 85%

#49 User is offline   Verde 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61190

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

I might cosplay Seychelles this year! ^_^
ACen 2012:
• Athena Glory from ARIA the animation
• Classic Lolita~ <3
ACen 2013:
• Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
• Sweet Lolita~ <3
ACen 2014:
• Happy from
Fairy Tail

#50 User is offline   Stealthykitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62088

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostBookworm555, on 08 June 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

So... Yeah, I'm new to the forums here, so this reply is probably too late, XD.

Anyways, for next year, I'm planning on going as all three Baltics (one for each day). I'll be Latvia for the photoshoot, though, since I heard ACen's never had a Latvia before...
I already have Lithuania's and Estonia's outfits (I was Estonia this year), but I'm planning on making Latvia's this summer.

I can't wait for next year's convention~!

OHHHH I can't wait to see em all! I will personally make an effort to find you everyday so I can hug all the Baltics :D
ACen 2015 Cosplay -

Francis Bonnefoy (France) - Hetalia - 100%
Twilight Sparkle - MLP:FiM - 98%
Uzu Sanageyama - Kill La Kill - 85%

#51 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostStealthykitten, on 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hello, tis I.... haven't been on the forum a while and plans have changed in a more permanent fashion :D

I was the male France last year at the photoshoot and have decided to cosplay Norway this year instead, France may be brought along again but only if I can get it workable

I am going to be accompanied by a super tall Denmark and my little Iceland :D

Along with a possible Chibi!Greece and another who is deciding between Lichtenstein, Fem! Canada, or Chibitalia....

EITHER WAY... I am adding about 5 soldiers to the Hetalia army :)

OMG NORDICS!!!!!!!

*fangirls* I totally have to get y'all's pictures!

#52 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostAgatha, on 08 August 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

So, I'm having a dilemma. I was planning on bringing Finland back, because I like Finland and I like how it turned out and it's fun to wear. And then I was like, "But I always wear Finland! I have nearly a year to do this! I should do something...different." I tend to do cosplays of my favorite characters, and my next-favorite characters happen to be Sweden and Russia. And I can't decide if I should make one of those instead or not, and if so, which one. I also feel like I need to decide soon so I don't end up last-minute-ing things. Argh. Hetalia, y u have multiple characters that I really like?!?!

Dude, I wear Romano every year, I just make different versions LOL. Do whateva you want fuq da polees etc. or you can cosplay ALL THE CHARACTERS.

View PostVerde, on 14 October 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I might cosplay Seychelles this year! ^_^

oh man oh man, i wont be at the photoshoot but i hope to see you. i love sey! <3

speaking of, though i won't be at the shoots, i plan on bringing grandmano to this con too. that costume is so fun and comfy, plus i get to act like a foxxxy sassy old lady and do what i want. pretty sweet deal, yo. i hope to see some of you that i saw last year, you guys are sweethearts ajshdjfhsdkf
Twitter / Tumblr / Epicmafia / myfigurecollection / RebuildOfEvangelion: vaporweva
ACen 2015; NGE Ayanami Rei [bandaged/sleeveless plugsuit] / Panty Anarchy / Ryuuko Matoi

#53 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postwenchman, on 15 October 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

or you can cosplay ALL THE CHARACTERS.

NOOOooooOOOOoooOOO! Dangerous words! My wallet can't take it! XD

In all seriousness, I've decided to bring Finland back regardless, because it's just too much fun. I was going to make a new one as well, but then... urgh, I thought I'd settled on Russia, but every time I sit down to work on planning it it's like the ghosts of my Russian professors are hovering over my shoulder and disapproving. *twitches*

Things are complicated. T_T

#54 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I didn't really like how my flapper dress came out. I'll probably try to rework it later. But now, it looks like I'll be cosplaying Mama Greece. I'm pretty excited for that one.
ACen 2015 Cosplays:
Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Chef
Aiichorou Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Maid
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) Regular and Formal
Absol (Pokemon) Gijinka
Alois Trancy (Black Bulter) Red Riding Hood

#55 User is offline   Sailor Gemini 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62867

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm very late into this one. This will be my first year ACen and I'm excited!

As to which character I will be is questionable. I might go as Germany if a get a spot on the Ask a Nation panel. If not, then I will probably go as America or Sweden. Unless I decide to go as two characters and switch cosplays during the day. Still a long way from now to decide.

This post has been edited by Sailor Gemini: 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

ACen 2013:
Eternal Sailor Moon
Sakura - Naruto Shippuden
Sweden - Hetalia
Gakuen!Germany - Hetalia
Sailor America - Hetalia/Sailor Moon

#56 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi, I'm the girl who ran Hetalia Day 2013 and maintains the meetup group on facebook.
I was wondering if anyone was planning on submitting for a gathering? If someone already is, I'd like to talk with them so I can add details to the facebook group. I would also love to be involved should you need any help~
But if no one is, I would be more than happy to apply for a gathering and run it; I just don't want to step on anyone's toes~
ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#57 User is offline   The Doctor's companion 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63014

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm either gonna be Canada or Fem!Prussia, if i cosplay Hetalia.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users