Anime Central Forums: Hetalia, Hetalia, Hetalia! 2013 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hetalia, Hetalia, Hetalia! 2013 Because pasta saves lives.

#1 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Better to start early, right?

Now I won't get into detail just quite yet (considering the convention had just ended and having the the next be a year away) so for now let's all just see who will be who for next years ACen! (^O^)Now I was thinking to change the gathering up a bit (not drastically, though) and break free a bit from the traditional meet, greet, and picture taking. One of the ideas I have, along with the posing and picture taking, is that everyone could be part of a video that I will have someone record, but another thing is that it will not only be a CMV, but also a bit of acting along with it too! So that way we will hopefully be able to capture everyone one video and help everyone feel included in this meet and to change the gathering up a bit.

More ideas, location, time, and the rules will be posted later. For now which character are you going to be? :3 Next year I was planning to be Halloween!England (very doubtful though xD), Jeane de Arc (crying..!), but for sure I will be Chibirisu with the cape and holding a box filled with broken hearts (If you have seen the MAD video on YouTube about England called The Hammer Song/Tower of Pain you'd see), and probably these are bound to change, but once I have my mind set, I'll let you all know :3

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 30 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#2 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61459

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Next year I plan on being Fem!Italy :3
2014:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Pot of Fire (Soul Eater)

#3 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Glad someone else has decided to take responsibility next year, as pyroh and I will not be able to due to college complications.

Although this year was stressful, I appreciate all the good comments and cooperation from gatherers. This year went very well and I'm very happy for it.

I will go into detail in the 2012 thread later. (':
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#4 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postwenchman, on 30 April 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Glad someone else has decided to take responsibility next year, as pyroh and I will not be able to due to college complications.

Although this year was stressful, I appreciate all the good comments and cooperation from gatherers. This year went very well and I'm very happy for it.

I will go into detail in the 2012 thread later. (':

I wish you two well! :3

Ah, I can understand. These things can be stressful, but you two did your best and everything went well! Nothing really went out of control (not that I know of) and that was good :3 Hopefully next year will have nicer weather and that the gatherers will be as understanding and kind as this year. I'm sure they will be ^^

View PostSkylerrelyks, on 30 April 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Next year I plan on being Fem!Italy :3

How cute! :'D She's adorable and I'm sure you will look beautiful!

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 30 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0

#5 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

oops double posted..ignore, ignore..

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 30 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

#6 User is offline   OathThe1st 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61972

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

My friends and I are planning on doing ACen again next year, so I definitely plan on returning as Ireland--updated and fully-completed, hopefully, maybe even with some secondary outfits or something. I was actually rather worried about trying her at all, seeing as a lot of people are VERY anti-OC (which is a sentiment I do understand), but I was actually recognized repeatedly and received a very warm welcome at the Friday photoshoot ^-^ It was very encouraging.

#7 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am thinking about bringing back my America cosplay next year, but nothing is set in stone. If not, I might be Nyotalia Belarus.
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#8 User is offline   Stealthykitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62088

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

I was the only male France at the photoshoot this year! And I am bringing the cosplay next year again it was a ton of fun, count me in :D
ACen 2014 Cosplay -

God Tier John Egbert - Homestuck
Austria (Roderich Edelstein) - Hetalia
Pinkie Pie - My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic

#9 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostOathThe1st, on 30 April 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

My friends and I are planning on doing ACen again next year, so I definitely plan on returning as Ireland--updated and fully-completed, hopefully, maybe even with some secondary outfits or something. I was actually rather worried about trying her at all, seeing as a lot of people are VERY anti-OC (which is a sentiment I do understand), but I was actually recognized repeatedly and received a very warm welcome at the Friday photoshoot ^-^ It was very encouraging.

Oh, I wish I was there to see it I'm sure you were stunning! ^^ But I am glad everyone was kind to you and I do look forward to see an Ireland!

View PostInkwell09, on 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I am thinking about bringing back my America cosplay next year, but nothing is set in stone. If not, I might be Nyotalia Belarus.

Well, whatever you choose, it will be fabulous! :3

View PostStealthykitten, on 01 May 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

I was the only male France at the photoshoot this year! And I am bringing the cosplay next year again it was a ton of fun, count me in :D

Ah, I'm pretty sure I saw you! :D I loved you and I'm glad you will be France again! Ah! And your name looks familiar..do you happen to have a deviant art account with the name? :o

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 01 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

#10 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

If I go to ACen next year, I'll most likely bring Finland again, but tweaked a bit. Was considering doing like, a sniper!Finland, but I don't know how many people would get it/how much of a hassle it would be to have a gun prop...

#11 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postfruitflavor, on 01 May 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

If I go to ACen next year, I'll most likely bring Finland again, but tweaked a bit. Was considering doing like, a sniper!Finland, but I don't know how many people would get it/how much of a hassle it would be to have a gun prop...

it would be an incredible hassle, just check the weapons policy.

second biggest reason for not having a gun as jacuzzi splot.
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#12 User is offline   Stealthykitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62088

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 01 May 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Oh, I wish I was there to see it I'm sure you were stunning! ^^ But I am glad everyone was kind to you and I do look forward to see an Ireland!

Well, whatever you choose, it will be fabulous! :3

Ah, I'm pretty sure I saw you! :D I loved you and I'm glad you will be France again! Ah! And your name looks familiar..do you happen to have a deviant art account with the name? :o

Why Yes! Stealthy-kitten is my dA account! I'd love to get a hold of people on thereIs there any way I can find you :D
ACen 2014 Cosplay -

God Tier John Egbert - Homestuck
Austria (Roderich Edelstein) - Hetalia
Pinkie Pie - My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic

#13 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostStealthykitten, on 03 May 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Why Yes! Stealthy-kitten is my dA account! I'd love to get a hold of people on thereIs there any way I can find you :D

I'll find you on dA and watch you ^^

#14 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I recently came up with an awesome idea for a Hetalia cosplay. Flapper fem!America. She already has a hairstyle similar to what flappers wore and her personality sort of fits with it.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#15 User is offline   OathThe1st 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61972

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSanta Finland, on 03 May 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

I recently came up with an awesome idea for a Hetalia cosplay. Flapper fem!America. She already has a hairstyle similar to what flappers wore and her personality sort of fits with it.

Oh god, I love this idea. o_o Someone needs to do this.

#16 User is offline   Nicoli 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61769

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'll be going as England(With the usual military outfit of course.) again next year.
Acen 2013
Friday: Undecided
Saturday: Undecided
Sunday: Undecided

#17 User is offline   Tiffani 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62123

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I like the video idea. I will definitely be there next year. I'll probably be Chibi America again this time. I wasn't in many of the photos this year because I was freezing and really couldn't move. xD (I forced myself to stay for the photoshoot. Probably should bring a jacket or something next time. )

#18 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I might go; Madoka/Tiger and Bunny/Pokemon has taken over my life, along with Persona 4 ._.

If I do go I'll do CD Russia or CD America.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#19 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 39777

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hope you let us in this year. It's a shame that some of us really dedicated costumers were bullied out of showcasing our efforts last year despite our rather gentle nature, due to a vendetta on deviantart.
JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#20 User is offline   Pyrochan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 91

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 11 May 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hope you let us in this year. It's a shame that some of us really dedicated costumers were bullied out of showcasing our efforts last year despite our rather gentle nature, due to a vendetta on deviantart.

Oh my goodness, you were bullied? Wenchman and I were doing our best to look out for everyone's safety and maintain peace, and while I am personally aware that several were extremely unsettled by the innapropriate nature of your cosplay, it is likewise innapropriate for you to have been bullied. If possible, perhaps choosing such an offensive cosplay to wear in public, and especially around the hetalia photoshoot, may have caused others to become extremely defensive, not wanting such horrible associations in our fandom? Not that their actions are excusable by any means, but please be aware that the nature of your cosplay is not generally welcome, given the horrific history associated with it.
"Am I just a prologue or something?!"

IRT 2009-2010, 2013? [callsign: Pyro]
Acen14 Cosplay ideas:
Satsuki Kiryuin [Kill la Kill] / Naru [Ghost Hunt] / Homura [PMMM] / Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi]

teamheichou @ tumblr / colorless productions

#21 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Smart people know that is bullying. using passive-aggressive tactics is not an excuse for bullying. We're all different, please consider not everyone is just like you, and thinking with an open mind is a good step towards being a better person. It's Hetalia. people like us, fans of the original, will exist. We don't appreciate being called things like "disgrace" and "should not exist." We're history fans. Reenactors. Collectors. And we have the same appreciation for the show that you do, just for different reasons, and possibly even the same reasons as well. Best read the original webcomic and its scanlations, and also, get to know us by personality before you judge us, love.

Also, if you absolutely, positively require hard evidence for the silly quarrel, it's in there... just saying. http://i439.photobuc...pg?t=1290226926

This post has been edited by cosplay love monster: 11 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

#22 User is offline   Pyrochan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 91

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 11 May 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

well, smart people consider that bullying. using passive-aggressive tactics is not an excuse for bullying. We're all different, please consider not everyone is just like you, and thinking with an open mind is a good step towards being a better person. It's Hetalia. people like us, fans of the original, will exist. We don't appreciate being called things like "disgrace" and "should not exist." Best read the original webcomic before you judge, love.

Although I recognize your attempts at not directly insulting me, using a form of endearment has left me unsettled, and does not show much respect towards my fiancee and I. Whether or not one has read the original comic does not dictate good judgement or enhanced intelligence. I will freely say I love uniforms, their sharp appearance and design, but their history and darker associations need to be taken into consideration before just wearing them in public, and you should be aware that not everyone will show you much respect or admiration, and may actually be insulted or horrified at it, thus why you may have been met with bullying, as you claim, by the attendees. Again, bullying is not excusable, but you should somewhat anticipate it, due to the disrespectful way you wish to present yourself.
"Am I just a prologue or something?!"

IRT 2009-2010, 2013? [callsign: Pyro]
Acen14 Cosplay ideas:
Satsuki Kiryuin [Kill la Kill] / Naru [Ghost Hunt] / Homura [PMMM] / Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi]

teamheichou @ tumblr / colorless productions

#23 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostPyrochan, on 11 May 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Oh my goodness, you were bullied? Wenchman and I were doing our best to look out for everyone's safety and maintain peace, and while I am personally aware that several were extremely unsettled by the innapropriate nature of your cosplay, it is likewise innapropriate for you to have been bullied. If possible, perhaps choosing such an offensive cosplay to wear in public, and especially around the hetalia photoshoot, may have caused others to become extremely defensive, not wanting such horrible associations in our fandom? Not that their actions are excusable by any means, but please be aware that the nature of your cosplay is not generally welcome, given the horrific history associated with it.

This is the reason why I grew out of hetalia compared to the previous years.

It's like because it's popular people must put it down in order to 'prep,' up their own anime series. I seen this happen on forums/deviantart//cgl/ on 4chan, etc. Sure there are bad fans as well as questionable, controversial matter but it doesn't mean the series is bad or that a person has to change their outfit or personality in order to suit the other person. People are going to create their own opinions and stick with them, no matter what form of cosplay you do.

I cosplayed America and people all the time said that I either shouldn't cosplay him because I'm black or only took pictures because I was the only black America hetalia cosplayer. Now some people got defensive because in their eyes, there shouldn't be a "Black version of America," only a white, moe version true to the manga itself. This is the same reason why I debated on cosplaying Russia; I didn't want to deal with people in the photoshoot saying how "A black girl shouldn't do Russia!" or other stuff.

Even now I'm debating on not doing Hetalia in 2013.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#24 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostPyrochan, on 11 May 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Although I recognize your attempts at not directly insulting me, using a form of endearment has left me unsettled, and does not show much respect towards my fiancee and I. Whether or not one has read the original comic does not dictate good judgement or enhanced intelligence. I will freely say I love uniforms, their sharp appearance and design, but their history and darker associations need to be taken into consideration before just wearing them in public, and you should be aware that not everyone will show you much respect or admiration, and may actually be insulted or horrified at it, thus why you may have been met with bullying, as you claim, by the attendees. Again, bullying is not excusable, but you should somewhat anticipate it, due to the disrespectful way you wish to present yourself.

You're right, it's not excusable. so please, stop harassing me, and interjecting into a comment that was not intended towards you, but the OP of this thread. Stop following me around on various internet sites where my galleries are, and heckling me.

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

This is the reason why I grew out of hetalia compared to the previous years.

It's like because it's popular people must put it down in order to 'prep,' up their own anime series. I seen this happen on forums/deviantart//cgl/ on 4chan, etc. Sure there are bad fans as well as questionable, controversial matter but it doesn't mean the series is bad or that a person has to change their outfit or personality in order to suit the other person. People are going to create their own opinions and stick with them, no matter what form of cosplay you do.

I cosplayed America and people all the time said that I either shouldn't cosplay him because I'm black or only took pictures because I was the only black America hetalia cosplayer. Now some people got defensive because in their eyes, there shouldn't be a "Black version of America," only a white, moe version true to the manga itself. This is the same reason why I debated on cosplaying Russia; I didn't want to deal with people in the photoshoot saying how "A black girl shouldn't do Russia!" or other stuff.

Even now I'm debating on not doing Hetalia in 2013.

Exactly my point. I'm really tired of the pointless crap. THAT is truly racist. I thought we were nerds, here, not high school popular kids. I'm not about to give up, though. I'm not going to let the drama steamroll me. I'll do it alone if I have to. xD

This post has been edited by cosplay love monster: 11 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

#25 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 11 May 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

You're right, it's not excusable. so please, stop harassing me, and interjecting into a comment that was not intended towards you, but the OP of this thread.

Well I'm sorry if I was; I trying to defend you and I agreed with you. I just won't come back to this thread.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 11 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#26 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postcosplay love monster, on 11 May 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Also, if you absolutely, positively require hard evidence for the silly quarrel, it's in there... just saying. http://i439.photobuc...pg?t=1290226926

That flag is in the background, not on his uniform.

Dude, there is a certain point when you need to calm down and let things go. Last year was last year and last year is OVER. There is no reason to keep bringing it up, no matter how bad your feelings were hurt.

As a side note, just because people don't like the nazi/communist/fascist/whatever insignia doesn't mean that they haven't read the webcomic.

Now, if you could leave everyone alone about LAST YEAR'S regulations and allow people to move onto next year's plan, that would be super awesome as I'm sure pyrochan and I aren't the only ones tired of this old subject.
Fandoms:

Upcoming Cosplays:

#27 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

View Postwenchman, on 11 May 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

That flag is in the background, not on his uniform.

Dude, there is a certain point when you need to calm down and let things go. Last year was last year and last year is OVER. There is no reason to keep bringing it up, no matter how bad your feelings were hurt.

As a side note, just because people don't like the nazi/communist/fascist/whatever insignia doesn't mean that they haven't read the webcomic.

Now, if you could leave everyone alone about LAST YEAR'S regulations and allow people to move onto next year's plan, that would be super awesome as I'm sure pyrochan and I aren't the only ones tired of this old subject.

OMG INTERNET ARGUMENT XD

#28 User is offline   Oyuki 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58998

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I wonder if the attitude would change if there were Nazi-zombies.

Or kamikaze pilot cosplayers; it's Japanese, reanacting, they caused deaths in the U.S. but we also kicked their bums. Hmmm. Not anime related, but nor is Homestuck.

This post has been edited by Oyuki: 11 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

2011: C.C.
2012: Moka Akashiya / (Bunny)Sebastian Michaelis
2013: ??? / White Rabbit Sebastian / Nurse Akali / Cosmo?

ermahgerd ferceberk

#29 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Everyone this is no place to be fighting. Honestly.

#30 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 11 May 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Everyone this is no place to be fighting. Honestly.

Agreed. Besides, It's turned into PM with harassment, and I'm dealing with that right now. I'm not here to fight with anyone, I just want to be a part and bring my cosplay of Prussia or Germany or Romano (which I'm working on as we speak).

I'll probably bring Romano, if I get his stuff finished. you'd be surprised how hard it is to acquire any information regarding Italian military uniforms, from pretty much any era. I'd also like to carry around one of those crazy "Red Devil" grenades in my mouth, too. XD

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users