Anime Central Forums: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Movie comes out this week! Cant wait!

#31 User is offline   den 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62401

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 18 May 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

While I did love the movie. I would not say he's done what every comic fan wanted. How many alien races could they have used instead of this one? Also while exciting, the infinity gauntlet was not unexpected. The prop was shown before Thor even came out, then if you freezeframe it was in Thor already.

He's a good director. (in this case anyway.) Not a god.

like I said I can admit I am a fanboy so my opinion is definitely bias, I remember pissing off my roommates 12 years ago, enforcing an hour of silence in the house when Buffy was on. I think he is a smart director choosing only select films to write/direct. it is his writing that impresses me most, more than just witty one liners he can capture actual human dialog. something writer/directors like Lucas have failed at for a long time.
Tobey Maguire is the only true Spiderman

#32 User is offline   den 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62401

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostVoxx, on 17 May 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Exactly... :P

sorry sometimes I get too involved in my own world, and make off topic comments. that's all on me. but I did like the second easter egg. :P
Tobey Maguire is the only true Spiderman

#33 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 11 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

It was fantastic. One complaint I had is that this took place in New York. Home of the fantastic 4, Spider-man and others. And there wasn't any sort of hint of them in this entire movie. So I was a little sad. My brother then added that maybe that's why Spider-man is getting rebooted to add him into this expanding movie universe. Which would be pretty awesome.

the issue with thatis that marval studioes don't own the rights of spider man or F4. marval was poor as hell when they sold them. now they had money and made iron man.

really i am planing to see this movie for the 3rd time. i think the last time anyone in my family saw a movie in theaters mulple times was the first jurasic park and lion king. for the fact their been hinting this movie since the first iron man (and i was stoked when nick fury was on screen) and it petty mush beat the expatations of mine and really is IMO the best super hero movie beating out dark knight.

also i saw battleship last night at a movie theater that serve beer. it made the movie from bad to ok, but i felt like walking out at points i was bored. should of went to dictator drunk in retrospect. the next big movie i am looking forward too is pomethius (the alien prequel) that looks like the shift kick in the butt the alien movie needs after the piles of shits that came after aliens. dark knight looks good but i don't think it will be as amasing as dark night. and spider man looks ok but i am going daytime to see it.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 19 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#34 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 19 May 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

the issue with thatis that marval studioes don't own the rights of spider man or F4. marval was poor as hell when they sold them. now they had money and made iron man.

really i am planing to see this movie for the 3rd time. i think the last time anyone in my family saw a movie in theaters mulple times was the first jurasic park and lion king. for the fact their been hinting this movie since the first iron man (and i was stoked when nick fury was on screen) and it petty mush beat the expatations of mine and really is IMO the best super hero movie beating out dark knight.

also i saw battleship last night at a movie theater that serve beer. it made the movie from bad to ok, but i felt like walking out at points i was bored. should of went to dictator drunk in retrospect. the next big movie i am looking forward too is pomethius (the alien prequel) that looks like the shift kick in the butt the alien movie needs after the piles of shits that came after aliens. dark knight looks good but i don't think it will be as amasing as dark night. and spider man looks ok but i am going daytime to see it.

yeah I looked online and read about that. But I do know that some of them, if they don't use that IP in a certain amount of time Marvel is suppose to get that back right? Or did I read it wrong?
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#35 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm not a comic book nerd or anything but I really enjoyed the movie. if I werent so depressed, i wouldve been capable of showing more enthusiasm though...lol pfff. I'll prolly watch it again and actually laugh this time.
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#36 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

The Avengers was pretty good. Much of the dialogue was funny (especially from Tony Stark/Iron Man), and the long, final battle in New York City was very cool. It didn't emotionally resonate with me (as have many of my favorite movies), but it was fun.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#37 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

...3 viewings may or may not indicate I really liked this one. Haven't done that since Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (or HP7 if seeing 3D then 2D counts), lol.

Rather enjoyed a delightful melding of Joss Whedon, a cast of dashing dapper gents and kick-butt ladies and Aunt Robin, who may or may not think they are actually superheroes cough Tom Hiddleston Robert Downey Jr. cough, history/mythology with [admittedly some] superheroes I read as a kid [and others I knew peripherally], AND A PLOT LINE. *flail*
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users