Anime Central Forums: Dear Person Who Turned in a Fruits Basket Wallet - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dear Person Who Turned in a Fruits Basket Wallet

#1 User is offline   iammako3 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4983

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I thank you for at least turning in the wallet with ID and credit cards in tact. I hope the $130 you stole from inside the wallet before turning it in was used to buy something really awesome. It had better of been epic since that money was souvenir money for friends, grocery money post con, and laundry money.

#2 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postiammako3, on 29 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

I thank you for at least turning in the wallet with ID and credit cards in tact. I hope the $130 you stole from inside the wallet before turning it in was used to buy something really awesome. It had better of been epic since that money was souvenir money for friends, grocery money post con, and laundry money.

I'm sorry to hear that someone dishonest took advantage of you like that. :(

It's somewhat unlikely but there is always a chance that they copied down your card information. I would recommend calling any banks or creditors associated with the cards you had in your wallet and alerting them to the possibility of future fraud on your account. A bank will typically offer to cancel the card and issue you a new one with a new number to prevent any possible usage of it.

Just be sure to play it safe, dealing with fraud is a headache once it's already happened and believe me, you don't want any of it.
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#3 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Maybe someone gutted the wallet, left it somewhere, and then someone else turned it in?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#4 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm sorry to hear that :( You're lucky you got any of it back though :/ One year I lost a camera. Backtracked, asked IRT, gave staffers at the information desk my contact info in case it was found after the con, never saw it again :/
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#5 User is offline   YasuiGetups 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61650

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Same thing happened to me, and it had some pretty pertinent info in it, as well as my debit card.
Unfortunately, this is all we can hope for in such a materialistic world anymore, I guess.
Did Artie say he was mailing it back to you? Email conchair@acen.org, if you need to.

And if you do happen to find a wallet somewhere- do unto others, guys. Seriously. The world being a better place starts with individual action, no matter how thankless that may seem.

This post has been edited by YasuiGetups: 01 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

~Been: Nanako, Excalibur~
ACen 2013
~Aigis (Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena)~
~Nanako (Persona 4)
~Jenna (Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life)~

The name? It was 2 a.m, I'm somewhat Japanese-literate, and I can make a mean, cheap costume. That's why. <3

#6 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Wow, when you think someone is being generous turning in something like this, they turn around and do that. What a shame really. Sometimes I reward someone for helping me find something (case in point, my roommate accidentally threw out my ticket for the Sunday wrestling event after ACen, the bellhop let me search through the garbage and I found the ticket, I gave him a tip). I'm sorry this situation happened to you and wish that jerk that did that could one day feel how you felt when this happened to you.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users