• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anyone else sad that ACEN is over?

#1 User is offline   skinnyneko 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61737

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Is anyone else a little bit sad that ACEN is over? I am, but i bought so much anime stuff that I feel really happy too. XD

This year was fun, the only thing pissing me off being the masquarade (since I wasted a lot of time in line...), but blehhh. What to do.

SO, What do YOU people do to get out of the post-con blues? :) For me, saving up money and getting ready for the next con keeps me happy. Yay!~

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Medical term is post con depression haha, but yup, i have it. Lol

And yesh, that masq line was ridiculous i was in the outside part. Fhdhcbghfhd
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   skinnyneko 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 April 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Post-con depression...I have it! lol.

I was in the outside part too. >.< It was FREEZING COLD. I was huddling with strangers to keep warm! xD

#4 User is offline   skinnyneko 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 April 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Post-con depression...I have it! lol.

I was in the outside part too. >.< It was FREEZING COLD. I was huddling with strangers to keep warm! xD

#5 User is offline   AnnoDomini 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61679

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I got sad the minute I saw all those people headed back toward the blue line. I was like 'the Euphoria is over!!!'

#6 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I've got the blues,
Not Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
But the Post Con Blues.
If you really want to please me.
Then call in sick for me.
I've got the blues!!

But in all seriousness, I just got home an hour ago from both Anime Central and WWE Extreme Rules and yes I have a major bout of post-con depression. :( So much fun was had and so much to say, but I figured I'd respond in one post here, more reading and things to be said, starting tomorrow! :D
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#7 User is offline   Alchemist 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19089

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

I definitely got post con depression, so I'm just saving up for other cons that pop up and ACen of course

This post has been edited by Alchemist: 30 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

#8 User is offline   Saint Pastel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62038

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Im sad Acen is over! I've been planning next year and watching anime lol :)
(403): And then I told them, I was part cat, and they believed me.

#9 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

I cried. For serious.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#10 User is offline   brandysaur 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61536

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

I met so many amazing people. I'm sad it is over, but not sure I'll attend next year... There were a LOT of problems this time around and I'm just not feeling that it was what I was expecting.
ACen 2013 Cosplay List:
Friday: Fem!Captain Hammer
Saturday: Sarah Jane Smith
Sunday: Poison Ivy
Possible Ball Cosplay: Formal!Ivy

Follow me on tumblr

#11 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

That's really unfortunate, brandysaur. It sounds like you had the opposite experience that I did. This year was the most fun I've ever had at the con...

I think it's really important not to depend on the con events and to make your own fun. I ended up hosting Apples to Apples for six hours, and that was a blast. I saw you complain about the Ball in another thread. I know it's awful when you spend 25 dollars, but you should've bailed when things were going poorly.

If you're around next year, I'll definitely host another big Apples to Apples session. I hope you'll come by. I do my best to make it fun :).
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#12 User is offline   LordFarquaad 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62191

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostJeff, on 30 April 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

I cried. For serious.

I feel you on this one. I had so much fun and normally for at least a week I have the "post-con depression." That's my symptom. I sat up in bed Sunday morning at 4-5am and my heart was beating, I was trying not to go to sleep because I didn't want it to be over. When I'm there at ACEN I look at everyone (even people that I don't know) and think to myself, "These are my people." It's just really sad that it can only last for a weekend. I will definitely be trying to go to other cons and looking forward to another year at ACEN in 2013.
Already missing ACEN 2012 and being part of a world where no one judges you.

#13 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60877

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

My first convention, when it ended I cried a bit on the ride home, I didn't want it to end and go back to school. next time I NEED to go on a friday and get a hotel, I missed the raves because I missed synergy friday and soap bubble because that fire alarm made me say no I don't want to get back in line.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#14 User is offline   Ekqo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61282

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm sad, but I'm also glad, because I am BEAT. I got sick on Saturday, I'm rubbed raw in places you don't want to know about, and despite a 10-hour sleep last night, I'm STILL exhausted.

However, this is mostly because it was my first time going all three days of a con, and we didn't have a hotel so we had to make the 2 hour drive each day. Next year, definitely getting a room! I want to talk to more people, too. Because of my exhaustion and pain, I wasn't really the most social. I had wanted to meet people and make new friends, but I felt really awkward and shy for the most part (well, I am anyway, but I really wanted to try this time...!).

On the upside, it was fun, because I got to go to some great panels, I saw some awesome cosplayers from my absolute favorite series and even ones from some unexpected corners (Mononoke anyone?). I also got to pick up some merch that I'd normally have to hunt for online, and learned the fear that comes with buying a blind box......
One half of PinStripes Studios!
Our Etsy shop

Gearing up for our 2013 convention tour!
Confirmed locations: Anime-ZAP, Peoria, Illinois (January 4-6), Kitsune Kon, Appleton, Wisconsin (March 22-24)

#15 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well one shining star this week is that The Avengers opens this week! If you're not a comic fan or a Marvel person then uh...
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#16 User is offline   Ekqo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61282

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostSTVO, on 30 April 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well one shining star this week is that The Avengers opens this week! If you're not a comic fan or a Marvel person then uh...

...................but I'm broke from Acen.............Q A Q <---forgot about the movie
One half of PinStripes Studios!
Our Etsy shop

Gearing up for our 2013 convention tour!
Confirmed locations: Anime-ZAP, Peoria, Illinois (January 4-6), Kitsune Kon, Appleton, Wisconsin (March 22-24)

#17 User is offline   Ash Anesthetic 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61882

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

No worries, I cried, too. At a restaurant of all places before my friend and I headed out. xD I was so embarassed... >< I'm going to miss the people I met soooo so so so much.
But agreed with the rest day thing. I'll just rest my achy body and reminisce on the amazing events that happened while eating nommy Japanese candy to make it up to myself. ;3 At least now I know how awesome ACen is and I definitely want to try coming back next year.
Proud NYAH productions member.
Our Youtube
2013 List:
Hani [OHSHC], Fionna [AT], Chii [Chobits]

Goal: ACHEIVED AS OF ACen 2012! GOT A PIGGYBACK RIDE FROM TRAVIS WILLINGHAM AS HANI! <33 AND CAN ALSO ADD THE HUG AND KISS FROM VIC ON THE LIST!

#18 User is offline   LordFarquaad 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostDark Kanine, on 30 April 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

My first convention, when it ended I cried a bit on the ride home, I didn't want it to end and go back to school. next time I NEED to go on a friday and get a hotel, I missed the raves because I missed synergy friday and soap bubble because that fire alarm made me say no I don't want to get back in line.

My friends and I wait until around 12am to go get in. Usually around this time the line is moving enough where the wait isn't so bad or you walk right in. At least this is from my experience.

#19 User is offline   Lunarex 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59275

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I woke up this morning thinking, "Did that really all happen" I look up and yup, theres my signed poster. I'm so tired from it all though. I had a lot of fun despite all the problems. Only 381 days left until ACEN 2013! :P
Anime Central 2013
-Merida-
-Yumi-

#20 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yup, I got the post-con blues as well. I think this was one of the best years for my friends and I (minus the masq. getting cancelled). Once you leave the con, the atmosphere outside of it is very different, which always makes me sad because everyone seems so happy at ACen. My legs are killing me and I was dreading going to work and classes today and I definietly heard other people saying that yesterday too. I'm just happy next year ACen is back in May...
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#21 User is offline   Kyuu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I could be. At times, I can look back at how much fun I had in Saturday. Although, Friday. I made myself miserable by placing expectations. With that said, I managed to turn my Friday misery into a Saturday mood so great, nothing much could have taken it down. So, I'm glad my ACEN ended on a good note, just like many of the previous that I had attended. With ACEN over. I am actually looking forward to get some certain enjoyable work down, already shooting for the next one - and maybe even a few conventions in-between.

At the same time, I have the Chicago Marathon to train for. So, I better get right back into that training as well - even though it never stopped due to ACEN.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

#22 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostLordFarquaad, on 30 April 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

My friends and I wait until around 12am to go get in. Usually around this time the line is moving enough where the wait isn't so bad or you walk right in. At least this is from my experience.

Yea, but I'm not one to ditch school so.... yea. Really wanted to ditch school to show up friday but I need a ride because my parents are... stubborn to comply.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#23 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostThe Phantom Tapper, on 30 April 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I'm just happy next year ACen is back in May...

Do you have a specific date? Does anyone? I need to research prices for hotels around the time and get a good budget.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#24 User is offline   rwarsauce 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 46332

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yeah wish I could just hit rewind on life, and have another weekend of awesomecon-ness... but I'm so exhausted it'll prob kill me. not to mention empty my bank account more than it already is. I actually called off work because I couldn't make it out of bed lol.

#25 User is offline   LordFarquaad 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postrwarsauce, on 30 April 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yeah wish I could just hit rewind on life, and have another weekend of awesomecon-ness... but I'm so exhausted it'll prob kill me. not to mention empty my bank account more than it already is. I actually called off work because I couldn't make it out of bed lol.

I did the same. Thank goodness I have vacation time.

#26 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

No, i dodn't cry or get post con depression because acen is over, i don't get
(maybe it's going to the many cons i've been to)

But i don't have the usual GREAT time that others have so i can understand why
some people are down about when it's time to go home....

Later B)

#27 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostDark Kanine, on 30 April 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Do you have a specific date? Does anyone? I need to research prices for hotels around the time and get a good budget.

It was in the back of the program book, May 17th-19th
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#28 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostThe Phantom Tapper, on 30 April 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

It was in the back of the program book, May 17th-19th

Wow I'm blind
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#29 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59936

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm glad its back to being in May. This was the coldest acen ever and it really ruined a lot of it for me. But it was still great and of course post con depression :(
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#30 User is offline   skinnyneko 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm so glad that other people get sad too! LOL. Not that I want anyone to be sad, but at least I know it's normal.

I went back to school today, wearing my ugly school uniform and I was surrounded by superficial boring unfriendly people and OH HOW I MISS ACEN AND THE PEOPLE THERE. T^T

I was fine until i went to school, and i realized how much "real life" sucks. :/ It's a drag to say the least. The people at school are so unfriendly and "sterio-typically teenager like" xD It makes me miss the friendly folks at ACEN who let me hug them. :3

The reason I love conventions is because I love that feeling of "belonging". Like someone else said, "These are my people!"

It's the most amazing feeling when you're surrounded by thousands of people who just "get it".

IRL, hardly anyone i know "gets it". >_<

This post has been edited by skinnyneko: 30 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users