2012 Con Compliment Thread

#31 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postmyrla, on 30 April 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Special Needs - you guys rock. It helps I had a friend that told me I could go in and register, but it was even better when I was standing around and IRT and the medics would make sure I had visited and had my appropriate passes.

Thanks. We all try hard to make sure all the attendees have a safe, but fun convention experience.

The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#32 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Huge thanks to the IRT staff member that helped out the Indie Lolita Fashion Show. We know things can get hectic and understood our time restraints, although it turned out to be awesome because we finished exactly when the alarm went off. But again, a HUGE thanks to you sir.

Also, to all of staff that helped everyone get out of the building safely. Even if it was a false alarm, I was extremely impressed at the crowd control. If there had been an actual fire, it made me feel good to have an awesome group of people help control things just in case we were all in danger. Some people in the crowd were yelling out 'fail' and were really angry about the evac. How immature. I care about the safety of everyone and the loli's in our group huddled together for warmth, stuck together, and made sure we had a rendezvous point for everyone. Things happen and it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks again staff.

Oh and IRT elevator guys ♥ So much props to you guys as well.

ar lath ma vhenan

#33 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Larry, a GR staff member and Chris Sabat's handler, was a great staff member! ACen needs more staff members like him! He was very helpful during the Monsuno panel when staff were checking to see where the panelists were, who were not going to show up since nothing was set up. He encouraged me to talk about Monsuno since I was the only one who knew anything about it, even though I am very bad at explaining stuff when on the spot and he even helped since he was at the same exact panel at Anime Boston that was supposed to happen at ACen. He was lots of fun, polite and a great staff member overall. Thanks Larry for being awesome!
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#34 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostGrimby, on 30 April 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Wherever you are, kilt-man, I thank you!

If the guy also had a rockin' moustache (and I am fairly sure he did), that would be Wolf. He's an awesome dude, and I would bribe him if I needed to to get him to come work conventions with me. (Luckily we're friends, so I don't have to.) This year we convinced him to put in for a Team Lead position (kind of like a supervisor) and he rocked it hard. I'll try to make sure he sees this compliment.

View PostA True Elsewhere, on 30 April 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

I second all of the compliments to most IRT and staff members. You guys clearly went through customer service training for this year. It shows.

This makes me smile inside; I tried very hard (along with others, of course) to make sure that customer service was emphasized this year. We'll keep it up through next year!
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft
IRT Assistant Department Head
I <3 People Who <3 IRT!
Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#35 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I just want to say, even though I'm sure my voice will be in the minority, that I LOVED the decision to make everyone wait outside the building for registration to open on Friday. I sell in the artist alley every year, and it was SO NICE not having to travel through throngs of people with my arms full of gear while searching for an IRT guy to let me pass. It made getting into the dealer's hall so much quicker than I would have expected. Whatever the reason for this decision was, thank you a million times.

I also want to agree that IRT was super awesome and courteous this year, and I think they handled the "fire drill" as well as they could.

#36 User is offline   Outsane! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24312

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I gotta have major props for handling the fire alarm so well. Pulling 20,000 people out of the Hyatt so quickly and in such an orderly fashion is no mere fluke. I thought it was well done.

I thought people were a lot more friendly this con than previous ones, so I'm really thankful that I made a lot of friends this year.

I didn't see too much destruction to property or smelly rooms, so that's always a plus! ^_^
ACen 2012 Cosplays
  • Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist

Past
  • Erza Scarlet - Fairy Tail
  • C.C. (student ver.) - Code Geass
  • Maka Albarn - Soul Eater
  • Kallen Kozuki - Code Geass

#37 User is offline   shinigamichan05 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60011

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

overall I had a great year and didn't leave with a bad taste in my mouth like last year. I'm already registered and planning for next year. See you in 2013.

This post has been edited by shinigamichan05: 30 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

#38 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27945

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Good call on joining Guestbook now that the Hyatt has free WiFi. Even though that's not quite at the level where it can be the only way to communicate changes (until the other hotels and the convention centre follow suit with the free WiFi), with a lot of the programming in the Hyatt, updates came at a timely enough manner, and it was a great way to stay up-to-date with the schedule changes, plan out the weekend in advance and not even have to carry around the con book wherever we go whenever we want to see what the schedule looks like or what we want to go to next. I hope it's here to stay.

(Also, I liked the guest lineup this year.)

This post has been edited by Shintarou Inuzuka: 01 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

The Official Cosplay of BARON SHINTAROU INUZUKA OF SEALAND! (STILL PATENT PENDING)
2014: Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4), Japan (New CD version) (Hetalia), Bossun (Sket Dance), EGL, Haruka Nanase (Free!)

Member of the Bishie Brigade! [Insert slogan here.] Also the game.
WARNING: This user has the Inuyasha Falling Down Problem. Feel free not to yell a certain dog command at him if you see him.
WARNING: Twitch may be controlling this attendee's movement.

#39 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostLina, on 30 April 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Larry, a GR staff member and Chris Sabat's handler, was a great staff member! ACen needs more staff members like him! He was very helpful during the Monsuno panel when staff were checking to see where the panelists were, who were not going to show up since nothing was set up. He encouraged me to talk about Monsuno since I was the only one who knew anything about it, even though I am very bad at explaining stuff when on the spot and he even helped since he was at the same exact panel at Anime Boston that was supposed to happen at ACen. He was lots of fun, polite and a great staff member overall. Thanks Larry for being awesome!

Thank you for the praise, I will pass it along to him.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#40 User is offline   SaphiraRaworth 

• IRT
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 7593

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostGrimby, on 30 April 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

I just have to give a big shout out to all of the IRT/staff in the artist alley. This was my first year with a table, and as such I was rather turned around on where to go. As soon as I arrived, IRT kindly showed me where I needed to go, and even went above and beyond by walking me straight to the artist checkin, and even walking back with me to hold the doors open while I carried my things in. I wish I remembered the fellow's name--he was an absolute pleasure to talk to, and incredibly helpful and friendly... Wherever you are, kilt-man, I thank you!I was also very impressed at how attentive the AA staff was in general--They made sure I knew who to talk to if I had any questions or concerns, and multiple people from IRT introduced themselves and made it clear if I had any issues I could come to them.I also just have to say that I am so very impressed with the patience of the IRT I came across... Despite being asked the same question hundreds of times, they always had a positive attitude and a smile on their face. Another compliment I have to give is how the AA closed later than the dealers room. The 6:30 flood we experienced once the dealers room closed was absolutely phenomenal. We had so many people who were coming by our table for the first time because it was the first time they were forced out of the dealers room. I thought it was a nice way to give the non-traditional artists a chance to compete with all of the licensed merch dealers. All in all, I am very happy with my experience this year. While I was limited to only small ventures from my table, everyone I encountered knew what they were doing (or could at least point me to someone who did) and were incredibly nice. Thanks to everyone who made this weekend awesome for me! ^_^

As stated by Rabbi, this was mostly likely Wolf, the many with the sexy-stash.

I want to thank every person of IRT this year. I didn't feel like I had a single Green with me. You all are amazing. You get to skip the year of Green status and are considered Vets. You rocked this, you worked it, and you made it shine.

ADA, I so love you. I got my friend a last minute badge and you guys pulled through for her with and Accessibility badge. It's hard for her to look around with her neck brace and back, this was very helpful all weekend and she had a blast. I was glad to give her something to smile about after everything that happened to her in the past two months. [She was attacked by her ex, who almost killed her by trying to break her neck. But she is well and is suing his dumb*** and giving him what he deserves!] She says thanks a million times over!

I'll think of more to say when I'm not tired beyond belief and need to work this afternoon. But thank you to all the amazing congoers that make my job as an official 4 year Vet of IRT more entertaining, fun, and worth coming back for. I plan on switching it up next year and migrating to Night Shift, but I hope to see you all again next year!

This post has been edited by SaphiraRaworth: 01 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Callsign: Raworth

Past ACen Cosplays: Friends & Groups
Lan Group ACen '06 Group ACen '07 ACen '09 ACen '10 ACen '11
Contact Me?
facebook deviantart windows live yahoo twitter

#41 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostSaphiraRaworth, on 01 May 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

ADA, I so love you. I got my friend a last minute badge and you guys pulled through for her with and Accessibility badge. It's hard for her to look around with her neck brace and back, this was very helpful all weekend and she had a blast. I was glad to give her something to smile about after everything that happened to her in the past two months. [She was attacked by her ex, who almost killed her by trying to break her neck. But she is well and is suing his dumb*** and giving him what he deserves!] She says thanks a million times over!

I'm glad we were able to help give her better memories than the ones resulting in that brace. We live to make sure everyone can forget whatever limits tham and spend the weekend as just another anime fan.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

#42 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

I actually heard no complaints about IRT this year from my friends, except for the ones that were checking props/guns to make sure they were allowed. Sometimes they were pretty rude, but most of the time they were okay.
I also like that one IRT member took the time to explain to me what just happened, when the fire alarm went off. He was very calm and polite. Thank you for choosing the right people for IRT. That made all the difference. :)

#43 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostATICE, on 01 May 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I actually heard no complaints about IRT this year from my friends, except for the ones that were checking props/guns to make sure they were allowed. Sometimes they were pretty rude, but most of the time they were okay.
I also like that one IRT member took the time to explain to me what just happened, when the fire alarm went off. He was very calm and polite. Thank you for choosing the right people for IRT. That made all the difference. :)

Sorry about your experiences at the prop check table. We'll try to make sure that doesn't happen next year,
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft
IRT Assistant Department Head
I <3 People Who <3 IRT!
Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#44 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostSmokey, on 01 May 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

I'm glad we were able to help give her better memories than the ones resulting in that brace. We live to make sure everyone can forget whatever limits tham and spend the weekend as just another anime fan.

We totally kept running into each other. She was awesome. (never got her info though!)
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

#45 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Let me see most of the people and staff at the con were nice, John head of the Masqurade was more then accomadating to me when my music would not work and had someone get the right music for what was supposed to be a skit, but then since we could not find a good cut off point talked me into a walk on which for obvious reasons was a mixed blessing, and even said they would give me extra time to do my dance and special music, as you will know it was thriller and I was Arthur Angel from blue ex, I did not take the extra time though due to it not being fair to the others only getting two poses on stage, and beside not being able to eat in the green room this year they kept asking us if there was anything they could get us while we were waiting for the line up at the masqurade in the back hall, and the masqurade staff did all they could to try to turn an already behind situation around but it was too much and past their control of not starting till it was supposed to get over, and did all they could to muster some love for the skits which the cosplayers worked so hard on and could not perform, and for meeting with me early to try to help me find my book that one of the backstage masq hands was holding on to for me while I went up on stage but then could not find after it was over, I liked that book it had all the autographs I fought so hard for in it. I would also like to thank Gendo for trying to help me locate what happened to said book and offering me his deepest appologys for not being able to find it, and seeing to the matter personaly, that is a leader for you.

Irt was nice this year and most of the time knew were to send me to look for something if I had trouble, and even talked with me, minus the guy that was a tool and would not let on the elevator for 20 minuts waiting on level six holding a suit, a long coat, and a leather vest it was heavy on my fingers and he would not even let me squeeze in at around 11 am or so sunday, and the tool that would not let me even take a photo at the iruma rioka concert when there were others, and she even took one with the audiance herself.

Oh and I liked the hamburger helper lady with the signs by the soap bubble that was too funny and they were quick about checking ids to get in and got people in much faster this year at the raves but it might have just been a smaller crowd since the fire alarm this year, oh and for keeping the water coolers in the venue and rooms filled at once it gets hot in the dances an waiting at panels. I would also like to say that the irt on the elevators were nice and not toolish and helped them run in a more efficent mannor, and for knowing where something was in the convention center.

Oh and for programming for jamming in soo many great guests, and for posting the photo shoot times way ahead this year so I could plan which ones to attend. Also, props to the registration staff for getting me in and on my way in under 10 minuts thats a record at 10:30 in the morning

I would also like to thank Mr mignoga for sticking around so long to get all his fans autographs even when his line went over, Johnny Bosch, for signing my book right as he was leaving even though he was on his way out from the eyeshine signing, and letting me get a photo of him as he was comming out with his equiptment and band from the ops room as they were leaving, Last Mr Haberkorn for giving me a quick autograph and doing a small symetry rant for me at the movie showing even though the handlers were yelling no more it's time to start.

signed Jeremy manga1 you know me by my dance.

#46 User is offline   SaphiraRaworth 

• IRT
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7593

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

View Postmyrla, on 01 May 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

We totally kept running into each other. She was awesome. (never got her info though!)

If you send me your info via PM, I can get it to her!
Callsign: Raworth

Past ACen Cosplays: Friends & Groups
Lan Group ACen '06 Group ACen '07 ACen '09 ACen '10 ACen '11
Contact Me?
facebook deviantart windows live yahoo twitter

#47 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Major props and thanks to ADA for another lovely & helpful experience, to Panel Prog for helping resolve the panel/projector issues in Sunday DDR & the other concerns we spoke of, to EMRT for a weekend of work keeping me Not Dead Or Keeling Over, & especially to the EMT and the IRT/Staff involved when I wound up with the Hardcore Synergy near-seizure-turned-seizure (@EMRT: my bro later after the incidents confirmed between the main ballroom & EMRT I appeared to have went into a brief absence seizure in the Hyatt's cafe after all...) thanks to some dumbarse toking up a few-odd feet off, and the resulting morning-sicks after during my panel. I don't recall/didn't catch all your names, nor did my bro/meddy-buddy, but we both thank you for all your quick actions and responses, for your understanding, and for keeping me able to stay at the convention after all. People and medical problems almost turned things into a dive and a bunch of bad situations, but y'all kept things from sinking & turning nasty. NightHaunter & Kyuuketuki thank you from the bottom of our hearts. <3
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#48 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostVoxx, on 30 April 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Huge thanks to the IRT staff member that helped out the Indie Lolita Fashion Show. We know things can get hectic and understood our time restraints, although it turned out to be awesome because we finished exactly when the alarm went off. But again, a HUGE thanks to you sir.

If this is the same person I'm thinking of, then that's Hotrod who I'd also like to give a shoutout to. Pretty much every panel in that hallway had a ridiculously long line going on and it was beyond chaotic, but he helped bring some amount of order to the situation and helped a few of the panelists out. Thanks for being awesomely helpful guy!
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#49 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

I'd like to praise you guys on the following:
* Guidebook: A much welcomed addition to ACen!
* Wide Variety: Crystal Ball, Soap Bubble, Speed Dating, Comedy Panels, Martial Arts. I think you allowed multiple demographics of ACen to have fun!
* Retaining the fun and friendly atmosphere! I loved it!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#50 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 15495

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I totally forgot to post in this thread!

I wanted to give mad props to all the Artist Alley crew, and the main DH (Voltaire30, I believe!). Checking in and setting up were phenomenal this year.

And then add in the fact that we actually knew where our table was and had a map months ahead of time made planning things SOOOOO much easier.

So I wanted to say THANK YOU for a job well done in the Alley. :)

#51 User is offline   stuffedpandastudios 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18942

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postpepperbots, on 30 April 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

I want to give a huge shout out and lots and lots of kudos to ALL of the Masquerade staff. This was my and my friend's first time competing in any cosplay competition, and I know that this certainly wasn't a typical Masquerade, but I also know you guys did everything you could to keep things running as smoothly as possible. The backstage area was pretty confusing, but there was ALWAYS a courteous staff member nearby that could get us where we needed to go, whether it was the bathroom, the green room, or wherever. The fire alarm set all of us in disarray, but we got back into line up with the staffers help no problem. All of the staff did their best to keep everyone informed of what was going on, especially when things kept coming up.

The judges were amazing! Very attentive and asking a lot of great questions. We never felt rushed (just nervous since this was the first time competing!), and even though we ended up showing up late to our judging appointment (my fault), they never gave us a hard time and were very understanding. They've absolutely convinced me to keep on competing! (Hopefully the judges at other cons are just as awesome as they are!)

I know that you guys are also going to get a lot of crap for cutting the skits. You were pretty much caught between "cut part of masquerade, get crap for it" or "cut into dance, get crap for it". But, I wanted to make sure you guys know that at least my friend and I were super happy with all of your staff and not everyone blames you for the hard decisions you had to make. Keep on being awesome! We will definitely be back to compete next year!

I want to third this, masquerade staff was epic.

Also want to thank the addition of IRT to the elevators, it helped A TON.

#52 User is offline   SmilesI 

• ADA Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9316

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

well i was going to say how awesome the Irt were in the elevators at the hyatt this year but it looks like 20+ other people beat me to it. lolz. I just wanna add thanks for putting up with all us crazy anime fun loving people that rode with you guys. :thumbup:
I am Smiles the blue bunny girl of ACen!
I am a Glomp Jedi! Join the Glomp team today!
Cosplays for ACen 2014: Thursday Red the fraggle/ friday blue bunny girl/Saturday Lizzy from Black Butler/Sunday Vulcan 300

#53 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostTrini, on 03 May 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

If this is the same person I'm thinking of, then that's Hotrod who I'd also like to give a shoutout to. Pretty much every panel in that hallway had a ridiculously long line going on and it was beyond chaotic, but he helped bring some amount of order to the situation and helped a few of the panelists out. Thanks for being awesomely helpful guy!

Yup, that's what his name was! He was so helpful ♥
ar lath ma vhenan

#54 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

So far, I haven't gotten a single complaint about elevator access. Complaints from the wheelchair users having a hard time finding out how to get to the Lower Level, yes. But nothing about the main elevators. So, fantastic job, IRT! Mission accomplished!

#55 User is offline   antisocialist 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18063

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

My biggest compliment is for the staff that stood on stage to deliver the news of the Masquerade being called off. You guys rock and have such an air of professionalism and it's clear that you love your job. You guys are awesome and helped to reassure so many. You guys were placed into a bad decision, and for that, if you aren't paid, you should be. And if you are paid, you should get a bonus just for that.
anime central 2013
Gothic Aristocrat - 2 days.

#56 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61514

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostAshori, on 29 April 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

My biggest compliment is towards IRT's handling of the fire alarm situation. I understand it's definitely not easy trying to get 20k or so people out of the hotel and to safety, especially during a big event like the Masquerade, but I do think IRT handed it well. So major kudos.

Also, props to the guy with the raid shield or whatever it's called that said "epic fail" on it that was walking past the crowd. Given the situation, it was fitting and gave us all a good laugh and cheer.

That was Me! I was the Riot Shield dude, I'm bringing it back for 2013 too!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users