• This topic is locked

Shoutouts!

#31 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

A mad shout out to the Lion Saber cosplayer who was just too adorable for words!

Gaooooooooo~!
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#32 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

View Postgnomedic, on 29 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

There was a crossplay of Storm of the X-Men, and I wouldn't even call it crossplay because she was unbelievably PERFECT! Way better than Halle Berry could ever have hoped to pull off!

Also, the LSP with the beans? YOU ROCK, girl! :D
Flo from Progressive was such a sweetie!
And my personal favorite, the MST3K folks!

I was the MST3k gal thanks! And your UP cosplay was amazing! Great work on the patches!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#33 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Shout out to excelexcel (since I just saw you were the MST3K gal) xD I went to Ashwaubenon High School which one of the creators of MST3K is from, so I always laugh because that is like the one fame we have to claim.

Also, to the other Warhammer 40k cosplayers I saw out there! We were going to try and do a make-shift photoshoot (or at least I tried to organize one with a Khorne that we ran into) but the fire alarm disrupted that. Hopefully I will see you guys next year!

#34 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Shout out to the adorable Taiga cosplayer that I never got to take a picture of.You were perfect, and it made my day!

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#35 User is offline   gnomedic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60857

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postexcel excel, on 01 May 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I was the MST3k gal thanks! And your UP cosplay was amazing! Great work on the patches!

Your pals really made my con worlds more enjoyable. I came home and immediately bragged that I met Joel, Mike, Crow, and Tom Servo haha! Thank you!
ACEN2015 Cosplay: Syaoran - CCS/Clamp Group, Komusubi Daikichi - Eyeshield 21
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4012-4546-1458
Battlenet: Gnomedic#1291
PS3: gnomedic
Pokemon X Dex Completion: 719/719
[/size]

#36 User is offline   FoolishNinja 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62359

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I loved all the adventure time cosplays, especially all the fionna cosplays. Im a huge x-men fan and was psyched about all the x-men cosplayers, especially the hope cosplay because it was just totally unexpected.

#37 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

View Post☆ MV, on 29 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

-The Travis Touchdown cosplayer on Friday(I don't know how many there were, but the one I saw, you were just.... INCREDIBLE!)
-The Persona 1 protagonist on Friday
-The Persona 2 protagonist on Saturday
-The Ruki (The GazettE) I saw on Saturday
-The Ovan on Saturday! And his friend who was Kaiba!
-The Ivan Karelin I saw on both I think Thursday and Friday! You were so adorable pdsfasasdfkj

thanks for the shoutout!! LOL i was the Persona 1 MC :)

#38 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postgnomedic, on 29 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

There was a crossplay of Storm of the X-Men, and I wouldn't even call it crossplay because she was unbelievably PERFECT! Way better than Halle Berry could ever have hoped to pull off!

Holy cow, she was a crossplayer? I didn't even notice! She was gorgeous and totally made my day by wearing my favorite Storm outfit! :D

There was a Harry Dresden with business cards that was also quite a hoot.

Also the Photo Finish who took my picture IN CHARACTER -- that was awesome, even if my natural shyness and lack of series knowledge prevented me from responding in kind.

#39 User is offline   Tobari 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17132

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ohh so many cosplayers that I was so happy to see! Hard to pick favorites, and I know I'm forgetting some but:

-The Black Butler family with toddler Ciel, d'awwwwwwwww.

-The two Pinkie Pies with party blowers (one with a party hat and glasses, one with a a cutie mark painted on the side of her head) that I got a picture with as Celestia!

-Actually, a lot of MLP cosplayers!: Photo Finish, Cadance/Shining Armor, Trixie/Roseluck/Luna group, Changeling Queen Chrysalis that I battled with :D Yayyyyy~ Ohhh and the Twilight Sparkles I got pictures with as Celestia, they were so sweet <3!

-It was fun meeting up with the Helba cosplayer as our .hack group!

-I know the friends I was with really loved all the League of Legends cosplayers they saw; Ahri, Ezreal, Lux, Akali, Master Yi and Singed!

View Post☆ MV, on 29 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

-The Travis Touchdown cosplayer on Friday(I don't know how many there were, but the one I saw, you were just.... INCREDIBLE!)
-The Persona 1 protagonist on Friday
-The Persona 2 protagonist on Saturday
-The Ruki (The GazettE) I saw on Saturday
-The Ovan on Saturday! And his friend who was Kaiba!
-The Ivan Karelin I saw on both I think Thursday and Friday! You were so adorable pdsfasasdfkj

Ooooooh, the Kaiba and Ovan are my boyfriend and his friend :DD I will let them know, they will be so happy <3 <3 <3!
~ Facebook ~

#40 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

-Tales of Vesperia cosplayers! Pretty cool costumes and glad to see the entire group for ToV there except Repede for obvious reasons.
-Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia- AWESOME costumes!
-Mazoku version of Yusuke - it would have been impossible to not recognize you being that YYH is my favorite anime.
-The guys I met in the hallway on Saturday night cosplaying from Portal - Haha, you guys were cool to talk with.
-Deku Link - I don't know who you are but I really liked your costume and glad to see it.
-The Nazis - Really liked your costumes and yeah, we spoke through the photo I tagged you with but great work.

-The two splicers from Bioshock I spoke with on Friday night? - I really liked your masks and forgot what you made them from. We spoke for a little while and I think you're a mutual friend of mine so get to me if you see this!

And I shouldn't post this twice but whoever you are, you totally caught my eye. Purple & black short hair, wore all black and walked around with a guy. I saw you a ton of times and whenever I turned around you were gone. Meaning to say hello. Don't care how this seems to anyone but if anyone knows me, I'm not the shy type whatsoever.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 02 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#41 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 01 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

The 8-year-old or the not-8-year-old one? :o

The one in these pictures. I think there was only one, unless there was one I missed or didn't see?
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#42 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

gonna make the cactusmomma proud
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#43 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

I liked the little princess tutu cosplayer from wisconson I kept running into on saturday, for putting up with me trying to get her to do a pose she could not do very well but I timed just right and got it.

the vas that gave me autographs even when the signing was over. the people from the blood + photoshoot for giving me some attention and knowing who I was not once till now have cosplayers wanted my photo from that cosplay or knew who I was, the appleseed cosplayers in front of me in the line for the walkons, the guy dressed as grandpa from avatar giving away free tea I loved that, the blue ex cosplayers that came up and hugged me when I said I was doing arthur august angel in the masqurade, and wanted me at the photoshoot but I could not attend due to time constraints on saturday and friday.

shout out to John from the masq you kept positive even when the odds were stacked against your show, and helped work me in when my skit just would not get the music right.

and the guy in red that battled me in the right side of the stage who was from chicago you know who you are, and of course the house danceing guy frank from kentucky who I talked with I thought someone that good at house dance had to be from chicago but wasn't.

and gendo for personaly trying to help me find my program guide that had all the autographs in it.

#44 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 02 May 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

The one in these pictures. I think there was only one, unless there was one I missed or didn't see?

We had an older Kaede on Saturday night too! That one is my little girl and I'll let her know you said hi!

#45 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Shout out to the Flo cosplayer, she took pictures of my friend and I outside for us and I really, really appreciate it. Thanks so much! Also, the Ash walking around--best I've ever seen!
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#46 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 03 May 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

We had an older Kaede on Saturday night too! That one is my little girl and I'll let her know you said hi!

The younger one was your daughter? Then kudos to you as well for starting her out on cosplay at such a young age! Wish I started earlier than age... 20- now I look too old to cosplay many characters... most tragically Len Kagamine.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#47 User is offline   TwoOfAKind 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 46377

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

I do believe it's time for this thread to make a comeback!

I have no idea if he'll see this or not, but there was a little Aladdin ( from Magi ) who was just too cute for words when we took a picture together, and of course Mickey Mouse, you just make my day every year.
So thank you both for being so awesome.
I'm a lurker.
I look but don't always chat.

ACen '13 Cosplays
xXxJ u s t c a n ' t d e c i d e !
[x] Snow White ( Disney )

#48 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Shoutout to the Dr. Who who came to the Yugioh photoshoot with his own custom Duel Disk! You were awesome!
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#49 User is offline   kittenmittons 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60253

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

My favorite cosplay was Sailor Moon/Silent Hill nurse and pyramid head. That made my day. Also, Hikaru and Kaoru twins, you are amazing
ACen 2015 Cosplays:

Cora-san - One Piece

#50 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Dat half cy bug King Candy. Whoever you are, that was epic.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#51 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

The Fix-it Felix that photo-bombed the shot of me as Fix-it Felix and then proceeded to say "Golly-gee don't you look familiar. :thumbup:
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#52 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Fem!Cas, Dean, and fellow Castiel from the 'Supernatural shoot' on Friday. It was so much fun staying up until we were all sleep drunk. Cheers~ Also a shoutout to all the con-goers handing out candy or hugs. You all are awesome.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#53 User is offline   Vincifer 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63805

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

to the Lara Croft's, especially the one who's number i couln't get due to traffic.
the swordsmen from naruto
kid death
zoidberg
Stormtrooper with ewoks impaled
and all the imposter Vaas' :P/>

This post has been edited by Vincifer: 20 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

#54 User is offline   vstyx 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19664

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

To the Sephiroth at the FF photoshoot with extendable wing. That was amazing..
:clap:
Cosplaying

~Rufus Shinra~
Finished! Youtube vid with me and my Turks <3

2009 Staff Ex. Hall

2010~
Future Trunks~
Rufus~ (Gotta bring him back)

#55 User is offline   gustoman001 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63844

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Mad shoutout to the Jack (from ME2) cosplayer. I proposed to her, but sadly, she said maybe.

#56 User is offline   Yuri Baika 

• Production Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 58659

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Shout out to the man-Leeloo, Nicolas Cage, and Jamie Hyneman! You guys cracked me up so much and helped make it a super awesome con this year! :clap:
ACen 2015 Lineup:
Friday: Elphelt (Guilty Gear Xrd)
Saturday: Fenris (Dragon Age 2) / Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)
Sunday: Neo (RWBY)

#57 User is offline   Phalio 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 26873

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostTwoOfAKind, on 19 May 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

I do believe it's time for this thread to make a comeback!

I have no idea if he'll see this or not, but there was a little Aladdin ( from Magi ) who was just too cute for words when we took a picture together, and of course Mickey Mouse, you just make my day every year.
So thank you both for being so awesome.

Aw, dangit, how did I miss Mickey Mouse!?

#58 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

shoutouts go to the wrecking krew breakers that let me join the circle and then complemented my popping I really aint that good for being at it over a decade but thank you for your kind words, and all those that came up to me at the dance at the hardcore synergy that liked my dance, and after the masquerade skit, as well as when people actualy want to take my photo I am sarry I cant sew and my costumes look botched, but I make wood stuff, that is what I learned from my dad from an early age, and have been at it on my own for about 5 years now.

and a big thanks to that one girl that had that very intriging religious conversation with me in the fountain yard by the con center, I cant remember your name, I hope you are able to come to terms with life, shout out to that really old woman in the lace dress that was in the masquerade walkon, showes that cosplay dont have to stop at age 40, and the whole mario family I see every year and the black family all in cosplay especialy for the mini princess tutu they had, oh and amadeo from the philipines I spoke with after the religion in anime panel at 11:00 pm its always nice to see and meet people of my faith and still be anime fans, oh and the cute hostess that did the panel, in the blue paint and white cosplay what ever you were and what ever your name was I think crystal or something like that, though I wish you would have went deeper into the religions discussed as it would be more educational, and of course James or was it Jake the one black guy cosplaying from bleach that offered me a chance to join their michigan cosplay craft group, I cant remember what the name of it was but thank you I will take it into consideration.

and lastly the cosstudio I was able to finish my costume because of your help and sewing is half the battle Jon you are one of the most patiant people I know and put me at ease being before a group of people the first time performing a skit that I practiced by myself only, and for putting up with all my technical problems the last two years, oh and thanks for the award and dvd boxset for comming back those are expensive box sets and doing it for so many that came back was not cheap even if the prizes were donated it still cost lots of money to get all that.

#59 User is offline   LoveInViolet 

• IRT Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61219

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

My cosplay shout-out goes to everyone at the Final Fantasy shoot for singing to me. That was, by far, one of the highlights of my con!
IRT Administrative Commander
Callsign - WAVES

Lola Hart <3 ACen's own Bella Diva Fantistico!
NOW ACCEPTING ACT SUBMISSIONS FOR BUBBLE POP BURLESQUE 2015!
2015 Costumes
~Under Construction~

#60 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postmanga1, on 21 May 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

shoutouts

Were you the blonde popping priest at the end of the masq? If so, I'm kicking myself for not knowing! I was sitting right next to the Godly Team folk (Feathers in hair, native american cosplay.. might've said hi, don't really remember..).. sick moves, sir! I still feel more trolled that you didn't continue the RickRoll all the way through...

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users