• You cannot reply to this topic

Shoutouts!

#1 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I saw this on other con forums where we give little shoutouts to cosplayers that made our day, and I definitely have a few:

-Tommy Wisseau with the football
- The amazing SS Vegeta and Piccolo walking together
-Gaston on Saturday
-Flo the Progressive girl
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#2 User is offline   LiptoreeaTrautux 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58657

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I love this idea,

Old Gregg on Friday!
Akira and Shirogane from Monochrome Factor on Friday!
The Tales of Symphonia group made up of Kratos, Yuan, Lloyd, and Raine on Saturday!

There's a bunch more I want to name, but I can't think straight after AcEN.
AcEN 2012 Cosplay:
Genis Sage (ToS)
China (Hetalia)

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Edward Scissorhands
Clockwork Orange group
Beaker from the Muppets
They made me smile.

@Krystal.... OMG there was a Gaston!? Pics, please? ^.^

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   gnomedic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60857

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

There was a crossplay of Storm of the X-Men, and I wouldn't even call it crossplay because she was unbelievably PERFECT! Way better than Halle Berry could ever have hoped to pull off!

Also, the LSP with the beans? YOU ROCK, girl! :D
Flo from Progressive was such a sweetie!
And my personal favorite, the MST3K folks!
ACEN2014 Cosplay: Touya (Log Horizon) 45%
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4012-4546-1458
PS3: gnomedic
Pokemon X Dex Completion: 718/718!
[/size]

#5 User is offline   Fimbulvinter 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58831

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

The guy who I had a discussion with on how we butter our toast, on Friday!
The Kaito I was talking to on Sunday at the photoshoot!
and The guy who was doing magic tricks and had a fine discussion with my friends and I on Sunday!
!*~ACen 2015 Cosplays~*!

Kirishima Ayato- Tokyo Ghoul
Luvoratorrrrry! Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Nishinoya Yuu- Haikyuu!!
Foxfire Ahri- League of Legends

#6 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

The hard disk version of Motoko Kusanagi on Friday (AWESOME COSPLAY!!!) it was ungodly epic.
The other Motoko Kusanagis at the GITS photoshoot and the others I saw throughout the con on Friday and Saturday.
It's not a "cosplay" but the girl who wore a prom dress to ACEN and held a sign "I skipped my senior prom for ACEN 2012." That was AWESOME.
So, so cool.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#7 User is offline   ☆ MV 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 21362

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

-The Travis Touchdown cosplayer on Friday(I don't know how many there were, but the one I saw, you were just.... INCREDIBLE!)
-The Persona 1 protagonist on Friday
-The Persona 2 protagonist on Saturday
-The Ruki (The GazettE) I saw on Saturday
-The Ovan on Saturday! And his friend who was Kaiba!
-The Ivan Karelin I saw on both I think Thursday and Friday! You were so adorable pdsfasasdfkj
ACen 2014
--- Bilbo Baggins(The Hobbit|)-100%

(Sorry this list changes a lot, I'm really indecisive :()
facebook livejournal tumblr

#8 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

The Len Kagamine cosplayer in the Fate/Rebirth outfit and gave me a hug during the photoshoot on Saturday after it turned into a disaster, and also the Luka Megurine cosplayer who had the giant stuffed fish. And the group of 5 Vocaloid cosplayers (there was a Miku, Kaito, a Kagamine twin, Luka, and one who I forgot, sorry) who asked me to join them for their dancing event (I think this was the photoshoot on Sunday).
Another shoutout to the Ovan cosplayer from .hack//Roots, and also the Krim cosplayer from .hack//Sign
Whoever cosplayed as The Stig
The Shishio Makoto cosplayer from Rurouni Kenshin
The group of Revolutionary Girl Utena cosplayers (there was an Utena, Anthy, Juri, and Touga) group who I ran into on Saturday afternoon
The Orihaya Izaya cosplayer who caused one or a few Shizuo cosplayers to chase him (this resulted in quite a few hilarious camera moments)
Any Tiger and Bunny cosplayers who were in their hero outfits. And the girl who went as Kaede.
From the Saturday night Madoka photoshoot- both the two people in the witch contraption and the Mami cosplayer who during the shoot allowed herself to be "eaten" by the contraption.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#9 User is offline   brandysaur 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61536

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

I want to say everyone looked amazing this year. ^.^ I came to see amazing cosplay and I was NOT disappointed. Everyone worked so hard and put their hearts and souls into it. My favorites:

The Lumpy Space Princess with the can of beans. I LOVE YOU.

OLD GREG. I was NOT expecting anything Boosh related, you absolutely made my weekend worthwhile.

Princess Cadence Mi Amora Cadenza! You were beautiful! Bravo, bravo! And your Shining Armor was a great addition!

Doctor Whooves! We ran into each other a good 7 times. The recycled cosplay for Friday/Saturday, going to the Doctor Who shoot and then MLP was amazing and totally perfect.

The King of All Cosmos! Oh wow, the colors were amazing. Absolutely brilliant!

And all the 4th Doctors who clearly made their scarves- That takes dedication. You all looked fabulous.

OH! And I absolutely cannot forget the breathtaking Cho Hakkai from Saiyuki! My favorite Anime for years, and I have never once seen a cosplayer for it. I know people do it, but it is so rare. So happy!

This post has been edited by brandysaur: 30 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay List:
Friday: Fem!Captain Hammer
Saturday: Sarah Jane Smith
Sunday: Poison Ivy
Possible Ball Cosplay: Formal!Ivy

Follow me on tumblr

#10 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Professor Genki! I forgot to get his picture. Pyro Jack was cool. Too bad there wasn't a Jack Frost with him.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#11 User is offline   TwoOfAKind 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 46377

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

To the black 20YL!Lambo, thank you for making my little sister's first ever Cosplay photo shoot memorable by "proposing" to her for a pose. It really made our day!

Actually... I wanna shout out a huge thank you to everyone from the KHR photo shoot. You all seriously made my day you were all so nice.
I'm a lurker.
I look but don't always chat.

ACen '13 Cosplays
xXxJ u s t c a n ' t d e c i d e !
[x] Snow White ( Disney )

#12 User is offline   plutostar 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61406

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostTwoOfAKind, on 30 April 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

To the black 20YL!Lambo, thank you for making my little sister's first ever Cosplay photo shoot memorable by "proposing" to her for a pose. It really made our day!

Actually... I wanna shout out a huge thank you to everyone from the KHR photo shoot. You all seriously made my day you were all so nice.

HA!! lets not forget Asian Lambo as well....and you may want this link....click me
ACen '13:
Genderbent Broly- DBZ (Friday)
Visual Kei Male Stocking- PSG
Shotarou- Kamen Rider W (Saturday)
Lance/Avalanche- X-men Evolution
Soi from fushigi yugi

#13 User is offline   TwoOfAKind 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 46377

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

View Postplutostar, on 30 April 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

HA!! lets not forget Asian Lambo as well....and you may want this link....click me

Ah, yes we won't forget the Asian Lambos, and thank you for the link!!
I'm a lurker.
I look but don't always chat.

ACen '13 Cosplays
xXxJ u s t c a n ' t d e c i d e !
[x] Snow White ( Disney )

#14 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

I saw a lot of amazing cosplays, but one of the ones that really stuck out was the "squeak me for science" guy xD He was too funny.
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#15 User is offline   Zoroko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62102

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

quick shout outs

friends: Jessica selphie, inkylink, akuriko, forcebewitya, genia, txen, duckie, yuj, monica, Bonk, drill, meesh, swoz, citadel, mal, zaid,cassie, co, shy, ria, loki, ben, and whoever else I hung out with

Scott Pilgrim cosplayers: Despite the fire alarm we still had people come to the shoot after the fire alarm which is great. There were so many cosplayers! I was the only pink haired Ramona which was funny~ thanks all of you, it was fun

Buggy (one piece): Your costume was just stunning ok? those clean details, and how you proportioned everything. The volume you put in the cuffs and the shoes and everything, just looked really bad butt

Fionna cosplayer that came up to take my photo when i was in Ramona: you were adorable, and I loved your take on Fionna with the dark hair- so cool!

#16 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Shoutout to...

-The pair who were cosplaying Sherlock and Watson (Watson in a white Irish-patterned sweater), both girls, on Thursday. I went all fangirl on Watson, and she was very patient and kind with me. You two made me smile, and Watson made my heart happy. Thank you!

-The cute, petite little pigtailed girl who was para-para dancing on the second floor (wood floor beside glass railing) with help from her friends and their computer/amp. You were so sweet, and you are such a good dancer. It was so nice to chill a spell and watch you perform so happily. Thank you!

-ALL THE LOLITAS. Thank you for coming out in all of your finery, girls! I am a beginner ouji/kodona/boystyle, and it was such a treat to see all of your lovely (AP!) prints in person. My friends: Shannon was so lovely, Kara so witty and pirate-y, Rebecca so sweet, ElleJay was gorgeous and sweet, Heather so nice and friendly, Summer so beautiful (fun times during the fire alarm!), and all of the ladies involved in the indie designer fashion show. Lovely! Thank you, ladies and gents.

-My good friend Roxxanne, who was the rockingest model in the Sixh fashion show. Also, her bloody boyfriend Caleb, who was as always standing beside her. Pics to come, everyone!

-My best friends Nicku (my Captain!), and all of the Anime Milwaukee peeps. You made this a fantastic convention. Special shout-out to all of the Anime Milwaukeeans who worked the ACEN staff this year!! Great job!

-Acen staff and hotel staff and convention center staff.... Wow. Just... wow. Thank you so much. You made it special, you were patient, you did your duty, and IRT was only filled with one or two snarky, short-tempered people this year. Great customer service, IRT, you guys are trying your best and I can tell! Keep up the good work and keep improving!

Hope everyone had a good time. Sad that it's over, but looking forward now to working on Anime Milwaukee. Come and see us in February!
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#17 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Jenny from Captain Bucky O'Hare made my weekend! My sis and I saw her and instantly broke into the theme song. We also felt like stalkers because we kept watching her as she was getting a commission done across from our table - we didn't want to interrupt, but we didn't want her to leave before we got her picture, lol.

I'll think of more later (my brain is still fried), but she was definitely the highlight cosplayer of the weekend for me.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#18 User is offline   Lunarex 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59275

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Shoutout to:

The Masquerade Staff: You were all so nice and reacted quickly to the fire alarm (*Evacuate the dance floor*) you handled everything quickly despite everything that happened. I will definitely be in it next year.

The couple people I met and held a conversation with. Made some friends :)

The Wolf's Rain cosplayers behind me and everyone else around me in the masquerade. You were really nice in helping me get over my fear for the masquerade. And your cosplays were amazing.
Anime Central 2013
-Merida-
-Yumi-

#19 User is offline   DeLightfulfreak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21643

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Shout out to the best IRT at ACen--Raven and Bubbles. <3
They were super nice and calm when it came to the crazy butt LM.C fans in line.

Also shout outs to the Klavier & Apollo cosplayers that hung out with me after the Ace Attorney shoot, and to the adorable Baby!AppleBloom and Cherilee.

This post has been edited by DeLightfulfreak: 30 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Ema Skye-Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney
Mataro Mankanshoku-Kill La Kill
Jane Lane-Daria

Currently: ACE ATTORNEY ADDICTED
Huzzah for the orange ninja! NO not Naruto, Michelangelo.....YES the turtle.

#20 User is offline   Taco-chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59431

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Shoutout to the Tsunade that invited our "Madness of Duke Venomania" cosplay group to come to the crunchyroll live event. I had a lot of fun dancing with my friends and those adorable Tokyo Mew Mew cosplayers! It was awesome seeing what people were saying too! I felt loved.

Sincerely, Megurine Luka "Madness" Ver
"We never should have met...We should have just kept going down our separate paths...We never would have gone out...We never would have gotten married...And...And Ushio would have never been born...Then...At least...I wouldn't have to go through so much suffering...We never should have met.."

#21 User is offline   Kamiokande 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61736

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

to Lunatic, other Lunatic, Blue Rose, and other Blue Rose from Tiger and Bunny --- You guys got the details right for some complicated costumes. Very nice.

to Jade from Mortal Kombat --- same as above

to Stake of Pride, Pink Siesta, Featherine, Battler, Yellow Siesta, and Beatrice from Umineko --- Ronove loves you!

#22 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

To the Briarios from Appleseed, you made my day that was a totally wicked cosplay and a flawless looking helmet and I apologize for accidently bumping into it with my giant ears D:
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#23 User is offline   ka-chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59607

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

even though there was a lot of awesome things that happened, i think id like to give a shout out to the black buttler cosplayer, sebastian? (sorry, dont follow the series but im taking a guess here) who stopped me in the sky bridge on friday. i was cosplaying rachel from blazblue and it seriously made my day for you to be a step in for a valkenhyne since i didnt have one. even for a few seconds, it was so seriously nice. xD

#24 User is offline   Anna L 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62285

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

There were a lot of awesome cosplays for sure and the panels were fun too, but I would like to give a shout out to the people who did the speed dating panel. It was awesome.

Also a shout out to Todd AKA Hisagi form bleach. You did an awesome job also it was fun talking with you at the speed dating panel :)

Also I'd love to give a shoutout to all the awesome people I meet at my first and definitely not my last Acen. :)

This post has been edited by Anna L: 02 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

#25 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

The cosplay of the kid from up awesome. (btw gnomedic, was that you?)

Also I seen a really awesome Travis Touchdown. Makes me want to finally do one of my dream cosplays Henry Cooldown.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#26 User is offline   Hoshigumo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61317

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

Shoutout to all the Persona cosplayers. You made my first ACen.
ACen Cosplay 2014:
Celty Sturluson
Ren Kougyoku
Naoto Shirogane (detective ver.)

#27 User is offline   Grand Master Brief 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19762

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

shoutouts to most of IRT for being totally awesome except a select few who acted like they hated everyone.
COSPLAYS
Done at ACen - L Lawliet(2008), Tamaki Suou(2008), Dead Bones Brook(2009-2010), Briefers Rocks(2011-2012), Scott Pilgrim(2011), Todd Ingram(2012)
Done at AMKE - Dead Bones Brook(2010), Briefers Rocks(2011), Hirano Kohta(2013)
Other Cosplays - Bandit Keith(KitsuneKon 2013)
Upcoming - Laharl, Adult Negi Springfield, Ash Ketchum, Yami Yugi, Soul Eater Evans, Death the Kid
Subscribe to my youtube channel
Follow me on twitter @speedlemon
Add me on XBOX 360 - Sp33dl3m0n

#28 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 29 April 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

And the girl who went as Kaede.

The 8-year-old or the not-8-year-old one? :o

#29 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Shout out to the awesome Mad Hatter from Batman on sunday.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#30 User is offline   Charise 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62237

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I gotta make a shout out to all the people at the end of the Masquerade line. You guys were really cool and super fun to talk to. Free hugs for everyone!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users