Anime Central Forums: Bypassing no-bag policy - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bypassing no-bag policy I need to carry items for herniated disk...

#1 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hello!

I hope that this is in the right place but I'm not honestly sure. I just hope that someone can direct me to the right place. :)

I have recently been diagnosed with a herniated disk in my back that prevents me from sitting long periods of time without a lumbar roll behind my back and a pillow under my leg. I would like to be able to carry these items with me in a tote bag but I'm afraid that certain events (like concerts, etc.) where the no-bag policy is enforced might not allow me to enter with these items.

Again, I'm assuming the no-bag policy still exists for certain concerts, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to be able to participate in these events; I only ask that I can bring along a bag with these accessories in it.

What do you suggest I do in this situation? Do I need to apply for a special pass or can I just explain this situation to IRT at the event? In that case, I only fear that they won't believe me and deny me entrance. -_-()

You all are probably very busy now, but if I can get any sort of feedback pre-con, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much,
Fudgi
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I wish I was staff so I knew for sure, but I believe youcan bring bags in for medicine, inhalors, etc., so I can't imagine it would be different for your situation. Maybe you could try a large plastic bag that can be searched easily if need be? They also carry see-through purses at Target and Walmart, I think!

I hope your back gets better soon!
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'd suggest finding the medic/special needs area when you get to the con and asking them. They should be able to help you if no staffer manages to post you a real reply before then :)
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

You need to talk to smokey and his team (compliance) and they can get you a bag pass for medical needs. They will be at the convention center, by the registration area. Simply tell irt your a person with disabilities and they should let you through.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   SprinklePuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61967

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Last year they started out by not letting people with bags into the concert, but within 10 minutes or so TOOONS of people with bags started streaming in. When I asked IRT what was up, they said they had changed the rule. LOL. So I have no clue what the rule is this year. It stinks, because there's no bag check and I'm not staying at the Hyatt, so I really need my bag with my money, ID, and hotel keys in it!
Sprinkle Puff

#6 User is offline   emtsteve 

• EMRT Department Head
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 5515

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostFudgi P0pZ, on 26 April 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hello!

I hope that this is in the right place but I'm not honestly sure. I just hope that someone can direct me to the right place. :)

I have recently been diagnosed with a herniated disk in my back that prevents me from sitting long periods of time without a lumbar roll behind my back and a pillow under my leg. I would like to be able to carry these items with me in a tote bag but I'm afraid that certain events (like concerts, etc.) where the no-bag policy is enforced might not allow me to enter with these items.

Again, I'm assuming the no-bag policy still exists for certain concerts, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to be able to participate in these events; I only ask that I can bring along a bag with these accessories in it.

What do you suggest I do in this situation? Do I need to apply for a special pass or can I just explain this situation to IRT at the event? In that case, I only fear that they won't believe me and deny me entrance. -_-()

You all are probably very busy now, but if I can get any sort of feedback pre-con, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much,
Fudgi

Hello

For a condition like this I would advise you to visit our Special Needs department and obtain a medical necessity pass. The department is located by the main ballroom. They will be able to assist you further.

Stephen Wise
EMRT DH
Steve "Medic 1"
EMRT - DH

#7 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow, so many replies so quickly. :D Thank you everyone and thank you Stephen! I'll be sure to make that department my first stop.

I might also consider getting a see-through tote bag (they're on sale right now at Target for $10 :D) to make everyone's life easier.

Thanks again and see you all there!
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#8 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

ARCHIVE ME
Medic 6 : ACen 2014 EMRT ConCenter Supervisor (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users