Anime Central Forums: Georgia to require drug test for welfare benefits? - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Georgia to require drug test for welfare benefits? Ewwwww politics!!!!!! I know I know,

#91 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Now im not defending dark strangers choice or words or context (as youngbirdcall pointed out) and i don't have the evidence atm (at work), but Fuji, it was anounced not too long ago that minority birth surpassed caucasian birth. Tho if you seen statistics for it, it was obviously heading that way. Lol (besides stereotypes and racism)

Also i blame both man and women. Both are equally stupid if they keep popping kids out KNOWING they can't take care of them. I really hate that. Show some responsibility (y'know?) Unless (sadly of course) rape happens, both genders are at fault completely.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#92 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 May 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Whoa.....that last statement seemed bias and or racist~!

So immigrants/minorities are having more kids than whites? I need citations. Please. Because I thought this country period was having a lot of kids. Sure you have the dumb examples like the black guy who had 30 kids by different women and asking a break on child support but those are dumb extremes. America has more teen with kids than most other countries, with the exception of Africa and a few others.

Also who knows why x person still has kids? They could have been raped by their uncle and messed up in the head, they could just, you know, like having sex and messed up in the head, or they could be stupid. Or like in my Aunt's case, they like having babies but not kids and abuse the system.

How about the men who is still having sex with said women? You didn't point them out. It takes two people to make a baby but it's almost always on the woman's hand to do everything for the child yet the man gets slack. If some men step up then yeah the government wouldn't help out as much. It's a two way street.

Unless you know the people personally, then you can't make guesses. People assume that since I'm black with one kid that I'm a deadbeat just from that alone. Mind you I pay bills and work. I get help yes but I do work my butt off and I do budget. Outside influences and old habits along with depression is the reason why it falls through sometimes.

Might? You either have to take care of a kid or you don't~ I tell people a lot there is no "MIGHT." It's YES or NO. You either have to get something cut off or you don't, you either have to do this or you don't. Jobs don't look for, "I might be able to work on the weekends," you either can or you can't.

Don'r mean to sound racist. It's just a fact. And since I live in a heavy minority area that are already on the system it doesn't seem to look like they are going to get off it anytime soon. And as much as I would like to try and defend every person on help that something horriable has happened to them, staticitcs, the attitude of the people, and the co-workers i even talk to who are on it don't help that cause any.

As far as my kid (even though off topic). The plan is to put it up for adoption. But sice the mom can change her mind even after the baby is born no matter how ready every else is, she can still keep it. That's why I said might.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#93 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-April 11

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 May 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Whoa.....that last statement seemed bias and or racist~!

So immigrants/minorities are having more kids than whites? I need citations. Please. Because I thought this country period was having a lot of kids. Sure you have the dumb examples like the black guy who had 30 kids by different women and asking a break on child support but those are dumb extremes. America has more teen with kids than most other countries, with the exception of Africa and a few others.

Also who knows why x person still has kids? They could have been raped by their uncle and messed up in the head, they could just, you know, like having sex and messed up in the head, or they could be stupid. Or like in my Aunt's case, they like having babies but not kids and abuse the system.

How about the men who is still having sex with said women? You didn't point them out. It takes two people to make a baby but it's almost always on the woman's hand to do everything for the child yet the man gets slack. If some men step up then yeah the government wouldn't help out as much. It's a two way street.

Unless you know the people personally, then you can't make guesses. People assume that since I'm black with one kid that I'm a deadbeat just from that alone. Mind you I pay bills and work. I get help yes but I do work my butt off and I do budget. Outside influences and old habits along with depression is the reason why it falls through sometimes.

Might? You either have to take care of a kid or you don't~ I tell people a lot there is no "MIGHT." It's YES or NO. You either have to get something cut off or you don't, you either have to do this or you don't. Jobs don't look for, "I might be able to work on the weekends," you either can or you can't.


*touches slight sunburn* evil sun!!!!! *cries*

The following is a Fox News Article: "Minorities now surpass whites in US births, census shows."

This media friendly, and forum friendly article that provides information regarding my interpretation of a question that was asked in your above statement.

#94 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 21 May 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Now im not defending dark strangers choice or words or context (as youngbirdcall pointed out) and i don't have the evidence atm (at work), but Fuji, it was anounced not too long ago that minority birth surpassed caucasian birth. Tho if you seen statistics for it, it was obviously heading that way. Lol (besides stereotypes and racism)

Also i blame both man and women. Both are equally stupid if they keep popping kids out KNOWING they can't take care of them. I really hate that. Show some responsibility (y'know?) Unless (sadly of course) rape happens, both genders are at fault completely.


The decision to keep a baby hardly ever rests on whether or not they'll be able to financially support the child, but rather their religious or moral standpoints. Unfortunately.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#95 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostKii, on 21 May 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

The decision to keep a baby hardly ever rests on whether or not they'll be able to financially support the child, but rather their religious or moral standpoints. Unfortunately.

Which is another big problem in my opinion. I think we should the system should be that if you have _____ amount of kids before you sign onto whatever assistance they say in plain and in very large print. You will only get _____ amount of money to care for these kids and yourself. If you get another kid we will not give you any more money. Wonder what would happen to the birth rate or adoption babies then.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#96 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostKii, on 21 May 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

The decision to keep a baby hardly ever rests on whether or not they'll be able to financially support the child, but rather their religious or moral standpoints. Unfortunately.


That is very true. However i wasn't just talking bout that. I know people haven't agreed, but if you can't/aren't ready for a baby, i think you should A. Make SURE you have protection for men, and birth control for women. B. Avoid sex outright. Yeah i know it's a loved pasttime, but if you just can't have a kid (and can't get your hands on protection) then simply don't do it. If you do, have a kid, and can't put it up for adoption or don't believe in contraceptives, then congratulations, your irresponsibility just brought a child who probably won't get taken care of properly into the world. (unless there is rape. Then all the sorry ever is there. Most people are...decent humans and use protections, but there is no excuse to not use em if you aren't ready for a child.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#97 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postminecraftsmurf, on 21 May 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

*touches slight sunburn* evil sun!!!!! *cries*

The following is a Fox News Article: "Minorities now surpass whites in US births, census shows."

This media friendly, and forum friendly article that provides information regarding my interpretation of a question that was asked in your above statement.


You and Xeno both missed something that Dark said: minorities and immigrants. And as far as I know immigrants are: Anyone who is from another country that goes into another country to live.

Which consist of: European whites, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Africans, Arabics, Middle easterns, EDIT: Hispanic and Latino people, Southern islanders, Slavic people, etc.

Which is why I request citations for both.

@Dark: You know I agree with that. But the problem is the sex=babies rather than adoptions. The adoption rate here in Illinois is bad and so many kids are in the system right now that it's not even funny.

Or you know, they should have it so that men can have babies as well when they have sex. Let's see men not use protection then! But that's not going to happen.

About 75%-85% of welfare and other money issues could be solved if more people stepped up and did what they are suppose to. There are so many men AND women who have kids and abuse the system because they are too lazy or because they simply are spoiled to heck and back.

Apparently this isn't only to welfare, but problems with money in general.....

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 22 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#98 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 May 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

You and Xeno both missed something that Dark said: minorities and immigrants. And as far as I know immigrants are: Anyone who is from another country that goes into another country to live.

Which consist of: European whites, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Africans, Arabics, Middle easterns, EDIT: Hispanic and Latino people, Southern islanders, Slavic people, etc.

Which is why I request citations for both.

@Dark: You know I agree with that. But the problem is the sex=babies rather than adoptions. The adoption rate here in Illinois is bad and so many kids are in the system right now that it's not even funny.

Or you know, they should have it so that men can have babies as well when they have sex. Let's see men not use protection then! But that's not going to happen.

About 75%-85% of welfare and other money issues could be solved if more people stepped up and did what they are suppose to. There are so many men AND women who have kids and abuse the system because they are too lazy or because they simply are spoiled to heck and back.

Apparently this isn't only to welfare, but problems with money in general.....



Well both me and mine said minorities. Immigrant is just too broad. And by white, we are talking pure "white" american. As if you have no word before American to classify yourself for political correctness. Such as African or Asian. Minorities is self-explanatory. Read up on the latest census. You'll see all there is to clarify.

Also i truly feel men get away with murder at times when it comes to childbirth. However, i draw the line at pity at times because (yet again, unless it is rape) it, as i believe you said yourself, "takes two to tango". Say no to sex. Don't do it. Force protection. i know guys might force the issue but....it is your body, (and if is the one who wants it) it is your rules. If the unfortunate happens and it turns to rape, then bring the law down on him. It is unfair...but sometimes responsibility is like that. The line has to stop somewhere.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 22 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#99 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 May 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Well both me and mine said minorities. Immigrant is just too broad. And by white, we are talking pure "white" american. As if you have no word before American to classify yourself for political correctness. Such as African or Asian. Minorities is self-explanatory. Read up on the latest census. You'll see all there is to clarify.

Also i truly feel men get away with murder at times when it comes to childbirth. However, i draw the line at pity at times because (yet again, unless it is rape) it, as i believe you said yourself, "takes two to tango". Say no to sex. Don't do it. Force protection. i know guys might force the issue but....it is your body, (and if is the one who wants it) it is your rules. If the unfortunate happens and it turns to rape, then bring the law down on him. It is unfair...but sometimes responsibility is like that. The line has to stop somewhere.


Whoever came up with pure white americans is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. My "Pure white," uncle admits and brags how he is Irish so what's the difference between Irish people in Ireland and him besides the fact that he doesn't live in Ireland?

I rather call Americans, who don't immigrate, "mutts," because frankly that is what we are. There is such a thing as being "Americanized," but heck that's with any country.

But that's another story.

I do agree and I harp again and again at women: Don't listen to what men say. They lie and what may have you to take you to bed and at the end when you need money, who do you turn to? Either the government or your family.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#100 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 May 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

That is very true. However i wasn't just talking bout that. I know people haven't agreed, but if you can't/aren't ready for a baby, i think you should A. Make SURE you have protection for men, and birth control for women. B. Avoid sex outright. Yeah i know it's a loved pasttime, but if you just can't have a kid (and can't get your hands on protection) then simply don't do it. If you do, have a kid, and can't put it up for adoption or don't believe in contraceptives, then congratulations, your irresponsibility just brought a child who probably won't get taken care of properly into the world. (unless there is rape. Then all the sorry ever is there. Most people are...decent humans and use protections, but there is no excuse to not use em if you aren't ready for a child.


Not everyone can control their primal urges as masterfully as you, Xeno. ;)
Avoiding unwanted pregnancy would be a lot easier (and safer and a LOT less expensive) is the United States would get on the Vasagel bandwagon. However, Big Pharma doesn't want it here because they would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars every year on birth control pills, so they are putting off testing and allowing the procedure in the US, even though it has passed in several other countries with 100% effectiveness and zero side effects.But screw women, let's just load them up with hormones or perform risky surgeries on them, because it rakes in the dollar bills.Go, America.

But accidents and mistakes happen. That's what welfare is there for.Which brings me back to the original topic, just drug test the people looking to get the money. Yes, some people are taking advantage of the system, but some people really need it, even if they keep popping out kids.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#101 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 May 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Whoever came up with pure white americans is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. My "Pure white," uncle admits and brags how he is Irish so what's the difference between Irish people in Ireland and him besides the fact that he doesn't live in Ireland?

I rather call Americans, who don't immigrate, "mutts," because frankly that is what we are. There is such a thing as being "Americanized," but heck that's with any country.

But that's another story.

I do agree and I harp again and again at women: Don't listen to what men say. They lie and what may have you to take you to bed and at the end when you need money, who do you turn to? Either the government or your family.


Well every country wants a sense of self. Because there really is no true "american" out there. Besides the Indians, and well, we all know what happened. Most other countries have a "type/race" of people to call their own, America...just really doesn't...so if you are white, you pretty much are the majority of what is here. (Well not in like 50 years. lol)


View PostKii, on 22 May 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Not everyone can control their primal urges as masterfully as you, Xeno. ;)
Avoiding unwanted pregnancy would be a lot easier (and safer and a LOT less expensive) is the United States would get on the Vasagel bandwagon. However, Big Pharma doesn't want it here because they would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars every year on birth control pills, so they are putting off testing and allowing the procedure in the US, even though it has passed in several other countries with 100% effectiveness and zero side effects.But screw women, let's just load them up with hormones or perform risky surgeries on them, because it rakes in the dollar bills.Go, America.

But accidents and mistakes happen. That's what welfare is there for.Which brings me back to the original topic, just drug test the people looking to get the money. Yes, some people are taking advantage of the system, but some people really need it, even if they keep popping out kids.


Dunno if that is the usually Kii jab at me or not. lol XD On that issue, I never understood the mixed signals women tend to give about those who try to avoid sex. On one hand, they always complain about guys wanting sex. Yet, if a guy is a virgin, or wants to wait for sex (for the special person/marriage), he is either a loser or gay. Wat? (some respect the decision...but I have encountered the latter WAY too much.)

I think they should make birth control free and available for all. Because doesn't birth control also defend again cervical cancer too? But anywho, I didn't say that everyone should avoid sex, that is just the last option if you don't have protection. If you can't wait til you can get some, or whatnot, then your willpower is pathetic. Accidents do happen, but explain that to your kid when it's that time. O.O

(sides there are other things that you can do. Going without some sort of action...yeah, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Don't know if I could do it. There are other things to do then just doing the nitty gritty. I dunno, I just look at things from logical standpoints. I don't want an accident to happen. I'm not ready for a kid. I know my views are pretty strict...but a life is at risk. I seen to many kids walking around wasting their life away because they have crap parents. (Welfare can't help if someone isn't ready. :( ) Kinda why I also want to leave this city. >_>
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#102 User is offline   cactusmomma 

  • Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 06-January 05
  • Location:On the right of Gary, IN

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostKii, on 22 May 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Not everyone can control their primal urges as masterfully as you, Xeno. ;)
Avoiding unwanted pregnancy would be a lot easier (and safer and a LOT less expensive) is the United States would get on the Vasagel bandwagon. However, Big Pharma doesn't want it here because they would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars every year on birth control pills, so they are putting off testing and allowing the procedure in the US, even though it has passed in several other countries with 100% effectiveness and zero side effects.But screw women, let's just load them up with hormones or perform risky surgeries on them, because it rakes in the dollar bills.Go, America.


Slightly on this topic.. many people have to choose between food and their medications. I'd be in trouble if we didn't have a good income coming in. Just today, I picked up my medications for the next month..what they would have cost had I not had insurance.. (For the record, I am on painkillers due to having had spinal surgery.)
Morphine 15 mg: $47.99
Morphine 30 mg: $75.99
Ortho Tri-cyclen lo: $104.99

What is wrong with this picture? Why is a controlled substance so much cheaper than something teenagers can pick up at Planned Parenthood without having to be 18?

#103 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 22 May 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Slightly on this topic.. many people have to choose between food and their medications. I'd be in trouble if we didn't have a good income coming in. Just today, I picked up my medications for the next month..what they would have cost had I not had insurance.. (For the record, I am on painkillers due to having had spinal surgery.)
Morphine 15 mg: $47.99
Morphine 30 mg: $75.99
Ortho Tri-cyclen lo: $104.99

What is wrong with this picture? Why is a controlled substance so much cheaper than something teenagers can pick up at Planned Parenthood without having to be 18?

Agreed. Pharmacy compaines (The ones that make the pills) cost waaaaaay too much for the average citizan to pay. I know that alot of the money has to go back because of all the time/money needed for reshearch, expensive machines, lab techs, etc. But it's still way too much for someone like me to have to pay if something suddenly went wrong with me. (cuz I don't even have insurance.)
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#104 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Pharmaceutical companies are a whole 'nother problem this country has. That and insurance companies.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#105 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 May 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Pharmaceutical companies are a whole 'nother problem this country has. That and insurance companies.


So we all agree to move to the UK then? Or Iceland? Or Canada?

@Xeno: Don't feel bad; I haven't 'done anything,' in almost two years! It would had been four if I wasn't stupid!

I'm still with drug testing for this subject; as much money as this country waste it can't really hurt us any more and heck it might fix the people who are strung out and using the cracks of the system.

Do you realize how much money people waste? How much it cost to live period, (national wage isn't even enough.)I mean.....have you seen or been with a person who gambles?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#106 User is offline   cactusmomma 

  • Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 06-January 05
  • Location:On the right of Gary, IN

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 23 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

So we all agree to move to the UK then? Or Iceland? Or Canada?


When I lived in Canada, the healthcare was -amazing-.. very little redtape, even less money spent (occasional tiny payment for medications), and one could be seen that day, even if a walk-in.

Here? 'The authorization for your spinal fusion has been denied. We have no prior record of physical therapy or medicated pain management.' <-The very thing they'd been paying $500 every week for for 4 months? It took my neurosurgeon 6 weeks to get a peer-to-peer with an actual neurosurgeon on their boards and my neurologist threatening to sue them for endangerment. Hell, the TENS unit I purchased yesterday was $795.00 alone! Unfortunately, one has to get in their insurance's face just to get things done.

Let me ask as an opinion: Why do you think the US doesn't just flat-out plagiarize the basics and base ideas for any of the countries with free to subsidized healthcare? Pharm companies? Big banks/business interfering/taking over/greeding it up?

#107 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

cactusmomma said:


Let me ask as an opinion: Why do you think the US doesn't just flat-out plagiarize the basics and base ideas for any of the countries with free to subsidized healthcare? Pharm companies? Big banks/business interfering/taking over/greeding it up?


-Hugs-

:(

Second statement: Probably because this country is backwards, even though we are suppose to be advance. If it wasn't for past history, we would be as backwards as part of Southern Africa.

(Mentioned that due to it's high rape rate, crime rate, and the fact that women are treated really badly there among other issues. I love the country but it depresses me.)

I don't understand why in the world did we not/can not have a casino here in the city to help raise money BUT people spend on average 20-100 dollars on the lotto.

I'm still debating on moving to the UK or Canada in the future. I mean the shipping is good here in the USA compared to other countries (even though customs still sucks,) but this thread showed how many issues this country has.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#108 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 23 May 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Let me ask as an opinion: Why do you think the US doesn't just flat-out plagiarize the basics and base ideas for any of the countries with free to subsidized healthcare? Pharm companies? Big banks/business interfering/taking over/greeding it up?


THIS
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#109 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 23 May 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

So we all agree to move to the UK then? Or Iceland? Or Canada?




If I wasn't broke, then yeah. I'd move to the UK. Or Canada. Probably not Iceland, though.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#110 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostKii, on 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

If I wasn't broke, then yeah. I'd move to the UK. Or Canada. Probably not Iceland, though.

That's ok. We can still go to canada with you in the trunk? I mean that's how we get people into the US here. :P
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#111 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostKii, on 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

If I wasn't broke, then yeah. I'd move to the UK. Or Canada. Probably not Iceland, though.


What's wrong with Iceland? Lol it's a pretty nice place.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#112 User is offline   Prayer Police 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087
  • Posts: 676
  • Joined: 09-May 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm seriously thinking about moving to the great white north.
The U.S.A is overrated.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police


2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#113 User is offline   minecraftsmurf 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 59962
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 19-April 11

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 23 May 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

When I lived in Canada, the healthcare was -amazing-.. very little redtape, even less money spent (occasional tiny payment for medications), and one could be seen that day, even if a walk-in.

Here? 'The authorization for your spinal fusion has been denied. We have no prior record of physical therapy or medicated pain management.' <-The very thing they'd been paying $500 every week for for 4 months? It took my neurosurgeon 6 weeks to get a peer-to-peer with an actual neurosurgeon on their boards and my neurologist threatening to sue them for endangerment. Hell, the TENS unit I purchased yesterday was $795.00 alone! Unfortunately, one has to get in their insurance's face just to get things done.

Let me ask as an opinion: Why do you think the US doesn't just flat-out plagiarize the basics and base ideas for any of the countries with free to subsidized healthcare? Pharm companies? Big banks/business interfering/taking over/greeding it up?


The United States leads the world in medical innovations and advances. The US fosters an environment that encourages the discovery of lifesaving medications and treatments and dominates the industry in the creation of such new treatments and medications.

United States pharmaceutical companies spent $65 billion on R&D in 2011 (averaging just above $30 billion annually), and more than 3.2 million jobs have ties to our industry (FDA). Europe's combined efforts just topple $4 billion.

However, I agree the costs for those unfortunate enough to not have Health Care is out of this world. Let's get a pro's and con's for universal healthcare going?! :D

#114 User is offline   cactusmomma 

  • Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 06-January 05
  • Location:On the right of Gary, IN

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 May 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

What's wrong with Iceland? Lol it's a pretty nice place.


Hákarl. That is everything that is wrong with it.

#115 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 25 May 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hákarl. That is everything that is wrong with it.



O.O ew
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#116 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

minecraftsmurf said:


However, I agree the costs for those unfortunate enough to not have Health Care is out of this world. Let's get a pro's and con's for universal healthcare going?! :D


Even those with health care it's bad. It depends on how much you spend, which is why I have an issue with this country. How much you spend and how much influence you have is what determines how long you live and what health care you get and your general health. And the government likes it that way and doesn't do anything to change it.

I mean I had to go to four, five different doctors and they still couldn't explain why I have chronic YI besides the fact that I'm a woman and even gave me the wrong medicine for it. I'm thinking about doing a lawsuit if I find out I develop cancer because of it.

It's always someone, like a movie star, who gets 1 million dollar hospital stays yet people out there can barely go to the hospital for life or death issues.

All of that money we spend on research yet it's almost always spent on the rich or well off. The cancer treatment centers of America will actually put down people with cancer, depending on your money status and how far off it is.

Pros:

Really good research when you can afford it
Easy access of medicine.

Cons:
Only the rich people get the really good coverage and state of the supplies. I seen on the news about this painless gun for kids but when I asked about it in hospitals they gave me a look and told me "Only the white hospitals have that."

Easy access of medicine means people will abuse it.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 26 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#117 User is offline   delial 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 15-April 11
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

I don't have insurance, but I've managed to get by with the clinic as I don't have any serious illness.

Dental work is a part of healthcare that really irritates me though. It's ridiculously expensive to afford simple dental care. And even more ridiculous getting wisdoms out, or braces. Depending on coverage (if you have any), it can still cost you a good $100 out of your pocket.

I am lucky I can survive without insurance. Its sad getting a reform is so difficult and convoluted. Ultimately, theres always a disparity between healthcare service for the working class and middle class. (Let alone the richer people pfff)

Btw Fujoshi, I dunno if docs have advised you this so I hope its useful, but if youre having chronic VIs you should implement yogurt in your diet. Unless of course it's a bacterial source...then I dunno :/ normally, it's just a flux of yeast in the wrong way. I had a similar problem a while ago, yogurt helped out.

Lastly, people abusing highly accessible healthcare is def an issue. I mean, for people who have it readily available *now* it's so apparent they get into the habit of going to the doctor for the smallest of things. Hypochondriacs and whatnot.
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#118 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

delial said:



I've been eating yogurt and drinking water, but when I was working 9pm-9am shifts at my old job I used to get UTIs, so I thought it came from that. I've been to the hospital about five-six times because of lower pain and pain in my side and besides me to drink more water, they couldn't tell me specifically what was wrong with me, outside of my kidneys. The would do a pap and just give me medication for a YI or a BV, mind you I don't have intercourse at all.

This pain has been happening for about a good year and it kind of scares me.

On an average you have to wait a good 2-10 hours in the hospital at times, which is why people with little to no health care don't go to the doctors :/

Which is why I have issues with the benefits in this country; they suck unless you have money.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#119 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429
  • Posts: 539
  • Joined: 02-February 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 04 May 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

It's not a few people. I work in a grocery store. I see the entire neighborhood constantlly cuz well they need food. And it's a proven fact that if you pay someone for doing nothing. People love free money, Heck i do too. But if you constantlly give someone something for doing nothing you take away their drive to do any kind of work for themselves at all. We need to stop the goverment from always "extending" these handouts. People need to work for themselves again, succued on their own, fail on their own, stop having big daddy goverment from giving you a saftey net (more like bed) to take care of those people.


In response to the backlash against my claim that people don't want to be on social entitlement programs, let's look at this recent study.

Despite the fact that the proportion of Americans in their prime working years [25-54] who have jobs is smaller than it has been at any time in the 23 years before the recession, "most of the nation's safety-net programs are serving fewer people, an analysis of government data shows." Here's more info from the study: My link
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#120 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 30 May 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

In response to the backlash against my claim that people don't want to be on social entitlement programs, let's look at this recent study.

Despite the fact that the proportion of Americans in their prime working years [25-54] who have jobs is smaller than it has been at any time in the 23 years before the recession, "most of the nation's safety-net programs are serving fewer people, an analysis of government data shows." Here's more info from the study: My link

http://www.huffingto..._n_1074344.html

Just one of the many stories about how foodstamps is going up.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users